Whose 'cruising' with me ? ;)

Options

Replies

• spiffybarbarella1
    Options
    That's not surprising. Dr. Dukan explains in his book that you can expect to lose weight in 'waves' during the cruise phase. Sometimes the weight will just suddenly go down after a period of stagnation.
  • spiffybarbarella1
    Options
    I've found on attack days it tends to be zero. On pv days it tends to be under 20. So this diet for me is actually lower in carbs than atkins.
  • vaidajurgaityte
    vaidajurgaityte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    As promised, an approved recipe of Chocolate cake. Made it couple days ago, the amount was massive, so had to freeze it in portions. Today had a last defrosted peace which tasted almost the same good as fresh one.

The other thing which I really liked is that it does not have any oat bran it ( I love having my oat bran porridge in the morning)

So this is the recipe I used.

(Makes 8 portions, 1 portion 58 kcal, 2.7 g fat, 3.9 g carbs ( 1.8 g fiber, 1 g sugar), 3.3 g protein

2 sheets of gelatine
    5 eggs
    4 tbsp of low fat cocoa powder
    2 tsp of baking powder
    7 tbsp sweetener ( or to taste)
    cherry aroma

250 grams of quark ( I used queso blanco)
    vanilla aroma
    3 tbsp of sweetener

Disolve gelatine in cold water according instructions and leave to cool.
    Separate eggs, beat whites.
    Beat yolks, baking powder, sweetener, cherry aroma and cocoa powder.
    Gently fold whites into yolk mix
    Bake 10-15 min in 200 C.

Smooth blend quark, vanilla and sweetener. Add chilled gelatine and stir well.

Cut the sponge thoroughly. Use one part for base, put quark filling and the other part of sponge on top.

Leave in the fridge to settle.

The best of this, the cake didn't taste like a diet cake.

Good luck if anyone makes it

xx
  • globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Did someone say "chocolate cake" ?!!! Trying this today and will let you know :)
  • vaidajurgaityte
    Options
    Someone has a sweet tooth as well :-) hello :-) next in my list is jelly sweets xx
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I love it when we're cruisin' together...

Vaida, thanks for the chocolate cake recipe. I printed it out look forward to trying it.

globegirl08 - I tried the shiritaki noodles and did not care for them too much. I split the package in 3 and had the first 2 portions Italian style. Last night I used them in a cheesy casserole that came out pretty good, almost like a souffle consistency. I coated the noodles in 1/4 egg beaters, then added 1/4 cup of fat free ricotta cheese, a dash of parmesan cheese, 1/4 of Dukan friendly homemade tomato sauce, and covered it with fat free mozzarella. I still have a package of "magic rice" that I stuck in the freezer until I crave pasta.

I have two questions for the group:
    1. Has anyone tried any Walden Farms products? I saw a no calorie/sugar/fat peanut butter spread that I am interested in trying. It has a lot of chemicals and I would have to check for vegetable fiber, but I would love to add the peanut taste to some things.
    2. When those of you have eaten bread product during cruise, did it really set you back? I am joining some friends for dinner at a BBQ restaurant and they serve corn bread with the meal that has been described as "to die for" and although I can resist, I would love to have some. My other option is to just take it home and freeze it until Consolidation.

My best to all :)
  • toadqueen
    Options
    spiffybarbare, I guess I have to wait for high tide. I am ready for some waves....
  • vaidajurgaityte
    Options
    my wave also has stuck somewhere behind the rocks, not showing up :D but I am waiting, waiting .....
  • toadqueen
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I have to disembark upon the advice of my doctor. They think it my be exacerbating my pain and inflammation so I am going to try eating their way for the next month - more veggies, less protein, no red meat, nuts and seeds, and fruit. I thought losing weight and eating high protein would help with my painful edema but it has not. It their way does not help either, I will resume this plan because I prefer the foods on it and I was losing weight.

In response to the question I asked earlier - I went off the cruise when I was in port (a restaurant with friends) and ate the cornbread and tasted a couple of appetizers. It set off a carb binge so I would seriously advise against it. Plus, a 3-pound weight gain. I know it is water and I will lose it again but the bread and other foods were not even that good and not worth it at all.

My experience last night was not a factor in my decision to suspend this journey. It actually reinforced that it is a plan that works for weight loss and water retention issues.

My best to all.

tq
  • ladylego1
    ladylego1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys

I'm on cruise at the moment to and I definitely go in waves but my waves are very predictable its strange 3 days no weight loss followed by 2 to 3 days losing a 1lb a day. I suffer from pcos so losing weight has always been hard but on the Dukan found its dropping of -16lbs in 4 weeks :) and that's even with a work team meal and drinks but what girl can say no to champagne!

I suppose i found this diet really suited me I don't tend to like processed foods any way, and being an ex chef its quiet easy to think of new recipes that follow the dukan way... I'm also it seems highly reactive to oatbran so cant eat that as it irritates my stomach to much but found another girl who had the same problem and Dr Dukan on his webchat just said to not eat it if its that much of a problem.

My favorite things has to be chocolate fudge yoghurt - which i simply adore and cuts my sweet tooth craving down.. I use total 0% and really whip it to get the texture as smooth as possible then to 200grams ad in half a spoon of sweetener I use truvia which i know isnt really allowed but i cant stand splenda... 2 caps of chefs chocolate essence and vanilla paste... just yummy i also freeze this as a icecream replacement or hartleys 10cal jelly for when i need a fruity taste.

My other favorite things has to be king prawn and salmon vegetable thai stirfry (actually found in asda and was shocked how cheap and tasty it was), and poached eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast or on the weekend omelet with smoked salmon and lemon creme fresh herb filling.

Even on the PV days I try to not go to mad and have protein only breakfasts and lunches then a PV dinner which seems to work for me...

I now walk daily and just got into powerplates, yoga and Pilates and my weekend cleaning routine burns calories like mad :)

So nice to see everyone doing so well, sorry for the long post my first time on the forum.

Good luck ladies
  • Louisa1979
    Louisa1979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! So glad you can find interesting food to eat and the occasional cheat doesn't hurt. I've found the same thing. I also like exercising and although I can do conditioning things like yoga on Dukan I've noticed I struggle to do more cardio and weights on Dukan. I make sure I eat my oatbran in the morning then. Do you have an alternative to oat bran?
  • ladylego1
    ladylego1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't have an alternative to oat bran :( but seems to be ok. I just upped my fluid intake, and dont seem to be having any adverse affects. It seems anything grain based really irritates I just didn't realize how much till I cut it all out.

Anyone is free to add me my diary is open and would love to have some fellow dukans as friends.
  • vaidajurgaityte
    Options
    Hi girls!

I hope you all doing fine with your dieting. I am glad to be on Cruise again, today I am having a PV day and just finished a bowl of veggie soup :-)

I thought I will share few recipes, especially with those, who like their sweets.

This morning I received flavours which I ordered online. Was uber excited as this ment I can try the recipe I needed some flavours for.

I made a trial batch of Carrot cake muffins, the recipe was easy and quick, and the result was very pleasing! :drinker: The recipe I used was http://mydukandiet.com/recipes/carrot-cake-muffins-with-cream-cheese-icing.html

This is how they turned out for me ?di=DYYR
    Lady lego, thanks a lot for reminding an old good recipe of omlette with smoked salmon. I had it two days in a row. I almost have forgotten how much I love salmon :flowerforyou:
  • vaidajurgaityte
    Options
    Praise the aromas, flavorings, my new area of experimenting :love: I missed my gym session and I was baking instead :-)

So, I made some chocolate, banana and strawberry flavour pralines.

Chocolate were my favourites so far. The consistency given by cocoa is the best for making pralines, whereas strawberry ones were a bit runny.

Pralines:

1 egg yolk
    granulated ( or powdered) sweetener ( I used a bit of liquid as well)
    7 tbsp skimmed milk powder
    3 tbsp reduced fat cocoa powder ( optional, if making other flavour, add more milk powder instead)
    a bit of skimmed milk to get a mouldable consistency
    flavouring ( chocolate, butter, strawberry or whatever you wish)
    goji berries for decoration

I used hand mixer to blend all the ingredients. You have to be very quick because the paste dries up easily. Leave in the fridge for couple of hours.The silicone moulds works best as well as you have to take the pralines out of it very carefully.

The only danger is to munch them all at once :noway:

?di=NZ4B
  • spiffybarbarella1
    Options
    If you're having problems with inflammation or oedema, try sticking to Protein-Vegetable days and cutting out the nonfat dairy products as well as red meat. Stick to lean fish, chicken and fresh vegetables for a while. You can get your calcium from tofu and almond milk.

I found that by eating this way, the diet was not only more effective, I also felt better. What's great about Dukan is that when you stick to the rules, you can make it work for you: choose the protein foods that suit your body.
  • toadqueen
    Options
    spiffybarbare,

I appreciate your information regarding inflammation or oedema. I was reading a couple of anti-inflammatory diet recommendations to see what they entail and they recommend mostly vegan and grains with only 1-3 servings of organic poultry a week and 4-5 servings of vegetables and 3-4 or fruit. There is no way I can live like that more than a couple of days. When I first added fruit back in I gained about 6 pounds in one night and am gradually losing again, but my sugar is too high. I am a former diabetic and I lost my initial 100+ pounds to stop shooting insulin. I am going to phase out the fruit again by the end of this week (I am too cheap to just toss them and want to see the impact of apples) and then try your suggestions.

I cannot eat soy, most grains (wheat, corn, rice), dairy, or eggs because of food sensitivities so tofu won't work. I am not sure if I tried almond milk but will again or just take a calcium supplement if I need to. I also cannot eat most of my vegetables raw the way I prefer because of an underactive thyroid.

I prefer eating the Dukan Diet but the constipation and pain from swelling was too much. I think all the eggs and nonfat dairy I was eating may have contributed significantly to that. I had ignored my food sensitIvities. I see a rheumatologist Friday to see if there is an underlying cause for the edema and pain that diet alone cannot correct. I fasted for 30 days and signficantly reduced the inflammation but not completely and it came back with a vengeance once I began eating again. I feel like I am a hot mess!

Enough of my sob story, vaida your pralines look amazing. You are quite the talented baker. I will have to learn to bake without eggs or dairy. Is it possible?
  • globegirl08
    Options
    Absolutely love all the latest contributions, so glad to be back after a few days away. So my update is no loss as of thus Tuesday 25/06 (last weight loss recorded 11/06) . I weigh myself once a week but skipped a week because of my cycle so I guess I am officially on PLATEAU :(

I know this happens in cruise so not terribly disheartened but it really does take some of that 'Dukan Magic' away . So ladies, if this happens then just carry on.....no need to attack unless you have fallen way off. Lets see if next Tuesday brings better news :)

@toadqueen keep us updated on how things go on change of diet.

@ladylego1 welcome to the cruise club, I have sent you a request :)

@vaidajurgaityte you know I have a special place in my heart for your heavenly treats, thank you for posting. Once I get some more time I will upload some of mine once I get a tutorial on adding pictures ;)

P.s. I have to add that my water intake over the weeks of no loss was quite minimal, I think that has something to do with it .:drinker:
  • globegirl08
    Options
    Are any of you taking daily supplements in your diets like vitamins or fish oils ? I haven't this time around, I am terrible at taking supplements regularly, I always forget!

I do tend to cook and prepare whole foods using fresh ingredients but also conscious of losing half my veg intake week to week. I truly miss my berries so take my daily allowance of Goji berries when I can.
  • vaidajurgaityte
    Options
    Yes, multi-vitamins on PP days and magnesium every day.

Goji berries are in my meniu from now on as well.

Also, this morning I asked my boyfriend to bring back the scales. I knew in advance I shouldn't expect anything good, but... Haven't lost any pound, in fact, have put on few. So I will simply ask him to hide the scales again until next weekend :-)

In the last few days I have noticed that I shouldn't play with my food intolerances too much, which is mainly dairy products. I have been eating my lovely yogurts and quark desserts after every meal! ( and really enjoyed it :smokin: ) but this have to stop. I will still be using dairy in cooking, but will avoid eating them as a snack or dessert.

However, yesterday I made my last baking for at least a week, my favourite Chocolate recipe. I was very pleased with it, the texture was lovely, and besides all ingredients listed previously, I added some nice flavours. ?di=ZDZE

I also made my favourite Chicken Curry recipe. Normally chicken tastes veerry depresive for me, I tend to eat chicken breast which is dry, and with no sauce it tastes like... nothing.

So my recipe for Checken Curry is very simple:

Chicken breast, cut into cubes
    half on onion ( blended)
    mild curry powder
    fresh crushed ginger
    cayene pepper, very very small
    lemon skin and lemon juice
    sweetener to taste
    coconut flavour (!!!)
    dried mild red paprika powder
    water to create some sauce

I simmer everything for half an hour. Tastes juicy and fresh, I even take it for my lunch if I go to the beach and eat it cold :happy:
  • toadqueen
    Options
    vaida - thanks for the chicken recipe. It has all the ingredients I am now eating on a daily basis. Have you ever made it with tumeric? I think I will use that instead of the coconut. Like you, my food intolerances are wreaking havoc. I was with family today and indulged in a chocolate dessert - big mistake. I find weighing daily keeps me better focused even when I go off course. I found out yesterday that I do not have the auto-immune disease that was suspected so I am going back on attack without dairy beginning Monday and will see how that goes. I just have a meal of veggies to finish tomorrow.

globegirl - I take synthroid for hypothyroid and a water pill for retention in addition to daily Vitamin D3 (5000 mg), Magnesium (for constipation) and papara complete for protein digestion. The latter was added this week. I used to take Bromelain for inflammation but it is part of the papaya thing. I am going to stop the synthroid when it runs out this week and try to control it with diet alone.

I know we are supposed to limit fats, but I may continue to use chia seeds on PV days. Like oatbran it helps to clean the system and has Omega 3. I do not mind a slower weight loss if I feel good in the process.