Metabolism Reset - Eating at TDEE Support Thread

Options

Replies

• hablagabrielle
    Options
    rosied915, thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm happy to report that on my second day of eating at my TDEE after starving for two years, my body is SO HUNGRY! I think this is a good thing, right? That's what I've gotten from other forum posts at least :flowerforyou: I stopped having hunger cues a long time ago and now I'm getting them every three hours! I'm just having trouble keeping my protein intake high for now, and I really hope that 2200 is enough for me. Scooby says it is, but more specific calculators (like this one here http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced) say that I need at least 2477.

I feel bloated all day, but I'm definitely happier :wink: Tonight I had a Lindor truffle with my friends for the first time in years!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB Gabrielle!!!!:flowerforyou:

I know what you mean about "feeling hungry"~ I was eating 500-1000 cals per day for YEARS and NEVER felt hungry. Everyone around me who was dieting and even those that weren't could at least "feel hunger" and I NEVER did!! I never even questioned it.

Did I mention that I'm 51 years old? NEVER feeling hungry???:noway:

I am getting hunger cues every 3 hours too and I know this will sound crazy, but it's an amazing feeling~ like my body is actually working just like it's supposed to.

Keep up the good work and don't forget that WE ARE HERE when the going gets rough, OK?:heart:

I don't know what I would have done by now if not for the support here!:love::flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Gabrielle!

I'm three full days into my reset, and I feel fabulous already. I haven't had to take my usual afternoon nap at all since I started giving my body every single calorie it needs (and maybe a little more, just for good measure). I'm a little bloated, but I expected that. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm up about 1.5 lbs from when I started. I think part of that is bloat (I hit my macros almost perfectly yesterday but went WAAAY over on sodium somehow), and part of it is my digestive system trying to figure out what to do with all this food! I'm not having any problem stuffing all that food down, though. My favorite part of the day is sitting down at breakfast with my omelet, canadian (or turkey) bacon, and english muffin with peanut butter. Yum!

I know this is the right thing for me. It just makes sense. I'm totally okay with gaining weight during this process if it means I'll get my body functioning properly again. :) If anyone wants a new reset friend, feel free to add me! I love having MFP friends who aren't afraid to EAT!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Hey. I don't know how many of you are using the EM2WL forum, but I wanted to let you know that there's a metabolism reset forum there in, so now you have a second place to post about your reset. Here's the link!

http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25
  • immywolf
    immywolf Posts: 18
    Options
    Halfway through my reset!!! WOOOOO! :)
    So this is the end of week 4, and I'm feeling pretty confident :) Tomorrow I will weigh in, to see if my weight has stabilized properly.... ugh, I so hope it has.
    I've had quite a bit of trouble with exercise this week, I was SO busy, so I ran out of time to do the 30DS... and didn't do it ONCE this week :/ I did go for a 7km run though, BUT I got a HUUUUGE blister on the inside of my foot, and now I can barely even walk... I doubt I'll be able to run again for at least a week!!! :( And I went over my TDEE every single day of this week too. I've sort of seemed to stop caring though, because I'm gaining weight anyway... I just think 'NOW is the time to sit back and relax, enjoy food, and just not worry... better now than while you're trying to cut!!' Not sure if this is a good way to think, but I'm sure I'll be SO strict with myself on cut, I just want to enjoy the freedom I have now. I don't go over my calories on unhealthy food though, I've been going over on really healthy things... I'm actually just REALLY hungry all the time. I'm hoping this is a sign that my body's healing :)
    I've been pretty happy in terms of the way I look in the mirror recently too. This week I actually smiled once when I looked at myself. I haven't had one of those days where I feel like crying in ages.
    I really think this whole process is healing me. Thanks so much everyone!!!
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....Tomorrow I'll be starting my fourth week of the reset and I feel absolutely horrible. I feel that I'm getting fat. My back rolls are back and I'm getting soft everywhere. I feel disgusting. I hope that I will find the strength to last at least for 3 more weeks to complete 6 weeks. I wonder if my "week 6 downer" hit sooner since I've been on the cut for several weeks before starting the reset.
  • rosied915
    Options
    Hi everyone....Tomorrow I'll be starting my fourth week of the reset and I feel absolutely horrible. I feel that I'm getting fat. My back rolls are back and I'm getting soft everywhere. I feel disgusting. I hope that I will find the strength to last at least for 3 more weeks to complete 6 weeks. I wonder if my "week 6 downer" hit sooner since I've been on the cut for several weeks before starting the reset.

Hey there, another chunky Resetter here!!

I will complete Week 5 tomorrow and I can NOT wait to Cut!!

What's keeping me going is the "science" behind what we're doing and the fact that I have NEVER done anything like this before.
    I keep thinking about that saying "the definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result".
    I KNOW that it applies to me.

Of course going through it is not easy. It is sooo difficult to move, bend, get up from a chair or even move in bed with all this weight on my tiny 5 foot frame.

BUT, I feel like I'm in the middle of a "research project" and don't want to screw it up. I want to take it all the way through to see if FINALLY something will work to get me losing again.

I am also trying to focus on the NSVs that I AM experiencing like those with my NROL4W workouts that are my "lifesavers" at this point. And, in spite of my physcial discomfort, I also have some positive things happening like I've STOPPED losing hair in the shower and am sleeping MUCH better.

Please try to hang in there.....find SOMETHING to hold onto and inspire you......and stop by here we'll lend a hand too, k?
    And a little love won't hurt, will it? So here goes:
    :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

omG i'm in the middle of my 6th week and I feel exactly the same. I feel like a fat slob and i'm afraid to go out anywhere again. My jeans are busting, my shirts don't hide my middle section flab and i'm even finding it hard to go out and do my walking/jogging...even though I do. I have a LOT of energy and i'm sleeping well. Doing my weights 3 times a week. Just trying to keep my spirits up. I'm trying to heal from a separation and getting laid off from a job I had for 10 years. I was feeling pretty awesome about myself and was starting to go out, but now I just feel like crap again. So I hear ya, loud and clear!! I'm just hangin on one day at a time....I have 2 more weeks for reset, then however long it takes me to get all this bloat and whatever it is off of me. I'm suppose to be looking for a job soon, so we'll see I guess. Like I said i'm takin it a day atta time....keepin on keepin on. Hang in there...we CAN do this!!!! And we WILL!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    And for you Rosie....you are a sweetheart :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart: :smile: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    OK guys - here I go... Started my reset on 6/2. For the first 4 weeks I was doing Leslie Sansone for 30 - 60 minutes 3 days a week and then some strength training for 30 minutes 2 days a week (alternating them). Then it got hot (I know - great excuse, right?) and I decided to use my Fitbit to get a better idea of what my TDEE is with just regular day-to-day activities. I now know that my truly lazy do nothing days I will burn around 1550 and on workdays I burn between 1750-1800. I am going to base my cut off of 1750 and aim for 1500 which is about 15%. This fits in somewhat with Fat2Fit which says that for a goal weight of 125 pounds and a sedentary lifestyle, I should eat 1500. Scooby says for a 15% calorie reduction I should eat 1415 calories with a sedentary lifestyle, 1622 with a lightly active lifestyle.

I have gained 6.2 pounds since 6/2/12 and 11.6 pounds since 4/21/12. I am going to add back in the exercise (heat be damned). My tested BMR is 1280 so if I burn more than 220 calories with exercise I'll eat back to my BMR. I'm so excited to start this next phase of my weight loss journey!

Susan
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi All -

I am happy and excited to say that I have finished my 8 weeks as of Friday and will be starting my cut tomorrow (who wants to start a diet on a Saturday :tongue: ).

I have been decreasing my calories slightly this week just to get used to eating less and will be starting with a 10% cut for the next 4 weeks and then will jump back up to my TDEE for 1-2 weeks. Fingers crossed that this timing will work for me.

So here are my final results -- I gained 3-5 pounds and my inches were all over the place -- some up and some down. My clothes are the same way -- some fit and some are tight and some I will just see next summer. But the stat that I am most proud of is my Body Fat % decreased - not by a lot but it did decrease so I am hopeful that there are muscles under my layer of fluff.

I wouldn't have been able to cope without this thread - I wasn't a frequent poster but I was so grateful for those who did...it helped me so much to learn from others and learn about the "norms".

Keep at it! You guys are rocking this out!!!! See ya in the cut thread :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Carrie
  • gijane8871015
    Options
    Hi all,

I am starting Week 3 and I weighed in on Sunday and I am still at the same weight as when I started! Crazy, but happy about it! :)

Feeling great, love doing weights directly followed up by cardio and love the results!

Have a great week
  • rosied915
    Options
    Carrie!!!!!

YAAAAY!!! And CONGRATULATIONS TOO!!!

You MADE it!!!! And you did REALLY well with your results!!!

Off you go to the "Cut Thread" and here's your official sendoff:
    :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Carrie!!!!!

YAAAAY!!! And CONGRATULATIONS TOO!!!

You MADE it!!!! And you did REALLY well with your results!!!

Off you go to the "Cut Thread" and here's your official sendoff:

Thanks Rosie!!! See ya over there in a few weeks....it will pass by quicker than you realize.....
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone, this is it for me too! I started my 15% cut today after 10 weeks of reset. I'm so excited! I just got back from vacation too, so I feel like I am detoxing all around.

Kepp your chins up and keep going! It goes by fast and I feel so prepared, rested, and ready to start the cut. It was worth it!

Edited to add results:
    Overall gained: 6-8 pounds
    Measurements - exactly the same
    Feeling: vacation bloaty, but otherwise normal
  • rosied915
    Options
    HURRAAAAY FOR MRS CHEESE!!!!!

Congratulations doll and your Reset results aren't too bad either~ way to go!! LOVE your new fresh atttitude!!!

AND AWAY YOU GO TO THE "CUT" THREAD.....
    :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • rosied915
    Options
    I am pleased to announce that today is DAY 100 for me on EM2WL!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Every day I am coming to realize that is the SINGLE BEST thing I could have done for myself!!!!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Rosie, that is AWESOME!!! I'm so proud of you. You have stuck it out, even in the hardest of times. Well. DONE!
  • lisat28
    lisat28 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am starting week three today and I feel so bloated. It's crazy. Yesterday I was so tired, I forced myself to do a walk and some strenght training. Felt a bit better after. I am just waiting for the feeling better phase. Right now, all I feel is full and bloated. Glad I have the other posts to look at so I know there will be positive results soon.
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Week 1 complete! I feel great!! No more afternoon naps, and I feel like I sleep much better at night. I'm up 2.5 lbs, and my clothes feel pretty tight, but I'm okay with it. My favorite part of the day now is coming home from work and changing into my pj pants. :)

I talk to my coworker, who's a nurse, every day about what I'm doing. Right now she is fasting to reset her metabolism. I mean, like 2 protein shakes a day and maybe a 500 calorie dinner. It's just unbelievable to me. But she can't believe the amount of food I'm eating either. Sometimes I just want to shake her, but she swears up and down that she knows her body and she's done this many times before.

All I can say is that I'm so glad I found this group! I'm so much happier than I was when I was constantly fighting my love of food. I've started eating full-fat cheese recently for the first time since high school and it is amazing! I never knew cheese could taste so good!

And now it's time for a delicious chicken stir-fry with mango sauce. Yum!