Whole 30 for August

Options
beckie32536
beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
I am strongly considering doing the Whole 30 during the month of August. I need to try and cleanup the "cheats" that seem to sneak their way into my diet. And, as an added bonus perhaps I'll make some progress in losing some of the left over "baby weight" that I've been carrying for 10 yrs.

Anyone intested in joining me?

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of mine (after blowing it at the fair day 10 grr). So I'm definitely in :-)
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am in too!!!! Do we start fresh on August 1st?
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!!! Just attempted a whole 30 (blew it on day 26 with a bottle of wine....yes, I said bottle, and peach pie....I was in the Okanagan!! lol)
    I have signed up for the daily email support just to check it out. August 1st!!
  • freckled_lady
    Options
    Let's do this! there is another group on here starting it as well!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Options
    I nominate Becky to do a daily post!!! LOL to keep us all on track...It was her idea!!
    I just dont want to hear about how people caved or made poor choices and 'OMG...I ate this...or that....=(' Lets keep it supportive and focused on successes of how you made choices that contributed to a healthier you =)

Sorry Becky..under the bus you go!! LOL
  • rla099
    rla099 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about it too. I have to travel alot this month but I think I can still hang. At least do the best i can!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I concur with bus tossing lol. A daily thread would be a great idea!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    Options
    I nominate Becky to do a daily post!!! LOL to keep us all on track...It was her idea!!
    I just dont want to hear about how people caved or made poor choices and 'OMG...I ate this...or that....=(' Lets keep it supportive and focused on successes of how you made choices that contributed to a healthier you
  • AmIhealthyyet
    Options
    Geez can't quote and move! I agree let's ALL do it! Let's all be supportive!
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I just bought It Starts With Food yesterday and signed up for their Whole30 Daily thing too. I'm In! I feel like I've done really well the last few weeks but I ned to clean it up some more. I'd love to have some extra support!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Can I start AUG 8???
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm in, starting tomorrow. I did it last year 3 weeks right before Thanksgiving. The cheese was taunting me and I caved but not this time. I've been Primal for 7 months now. I got this.
  • DiscoGirl999
    Options
    I'm starting today (Aug 1) too. I'm right up for a strategy to clean up my (shabby of late) act.
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Can I start AUG 8???

I'm starting August 6th... I have some yogurt and cheese I need to finish first.

I have to say that I'm a little worried... When I gave up wheat/gluten, I was never able to go back to it because it makes me so sick. I am worried that I will discover I have the same problem with dairy!
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I will do my VERY best to post daily!!

To start with, I suggest that we all "friend" one another and make our logs visible for added accountability. So, be looking for a friend request from me soon.

For those of you who have attempted this before, please offer up helpful suggestions/advice!!
    One thing that I am going to struggle with is losing the stevia from my morning coffee....so I'm looking for ideas here. I confess that I wasn't completely prepared to start this today (I'm going shopping on my way home from work), and used my last tablespoon of Kerrygold butter, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1 packet of stevia blended with 3 cups of coffee to make my daily "bulletproof coffee". Since butter is out, I'm going to try using coconut milk in place of the butter and coconut oil. Now I just need to come up with an alternative for the stevia!!

Good Luck with Day 1!!
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Can I start AUG 8???

I'm starting August 6th... I have some yogurt and cheese I need to finish first.

I have to say that I'm a little worried... When I gave up wheat/gluten, I was never able to go back to it because it makes me so sick. I am worried that I will discover I have the same problem with dairy!

Scuba, I'm worried about this too. But I also know that I rely way too much on dairy for my fat macronutrients. If my body reacts negatively, it's something I'm prepared to handle, because I think giving it up will show some real benefits, like helping with my weight loss, allergies, acne, etc. We've got to think of the positive that could result :)

Recently, both of my boys have been showing signs of lactose intolerance. It probably will follow suit that I shouldn't be eating dairy either.
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Can I start AUG 8???

Scuba, I'm worried about this too. But I also know that I rely way too much on dairy for my fat macronutrients. If my body reacts negatively, it's something I'm prepared to handle, because I think giving it up will show some real benefits, like helping with my weight loss, allergies, acne, etc. We've got to think of the positive that could result :)

Recently, both of my boys have been showing signs of lactose intolerance. It probably will follow suit that I shouldn't be eating dairy either.

I completely agree - Although worried, I am ready to handle it if I discover I shouldn't be eating dairy!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Options
    Butter is NOT out!!! CLARIFIED BUTTER or Ghee is acceptable =) Whew!! Eh??

http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/

I'm in for another 30 days!! THIS time I want to really knock it outta the park tho!!! No wine...or pie:blushing:
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Options
    I was thinking about it too. I have to travel alot this month but I think I can still hang. At least do the best i can!
    I was away for a week and packed a cooler with eggs avocados almonds salad dressing I made...If you are prepared you can be successful
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Are you all planning on logging your food? In their book they say not to count calories and all that so you're not so focused It. I think it'll be really hard for me not to log but I might try it just for the 30 days b/c eventually I'd like to not have to log!

I weighed myself on last time and put away the scale! Can't wait to see what it shows on the 30th!