Options
    Because I'm a f-ing idiot.

:frown: No! You're not!

:flowerforyou:

haha thanks:flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    apparently i am too demanding and opinionated lol. i think its hilarious that this guy i was seeing cannot deal with the fact that i have brains and an opinion. oh well his loss.
  • Fruch02
    Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    haven't found that special someone who can make me a great sandwich and cut the corners off of it too.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    apparently i am too demanding and opinionated lol. i think its hilarious that this guy i was seeing cannot deal with the fact that i have brains and an opinion. oh well his loss.

Yup. It's astonishing how many men still seem to expect women to have zip between their ears. You have my empathy.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    haven't found that special someone who can make me a great sandwich and cut the corners off of it too.

Hahahaha!!!
  • nolachick
    Options

Yup. It's astonishing how many men still seem to expect women to have zip between their ears. You have my empathy.

thank you! I told the guy that if he wanted a trophy wife who just sits there and looks pretty without having brains, i'm definitely not the one!
    he replied with, "IF ONLY U WOULD GIVE IN AND LET ME LEAD AND BE IN CONTROL THIS WOULD WORK"

wtf? :noway:
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I don't try hard enough to meet men, and men don't try hard enough to meet me.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options

thank you! I told the guy that if he wanted a trophy wife who just sits there and looks pretty without having brains, i'm definitely not the one!
    he replied with, "IF ONLY U WOULD GIVE IN AND LET ME LEAD AND BE IN CONTROL THIS WOULD WORK"

Has he been reading '50 Shades' and having Christian Grey fantasies? :laugh: Think he may have missed the point... Oh dear. Ah well, hopefully the next one will be somewhat less caught up in his own little fantasy world.
  • nolachick
    Options

Has he been reading '50 Shades' and having Christian Grey fantasies? :laugh: Think he may have missed the point... Oh dear. Ah well, hopefully the next one will be somewhat less caught up in his own little fantasy world.

LOL i havent read the book yet. but i definitely told him he needs to grow up! his parents are divorced for the same reason - dad wanted to be in control. mine have been together for almost 40 years. they both share responsibilities and make decisions together. yup i think i'll stick to my idea of a balanced relationship where women have a say too!

he asked me if I had a pair of balls he didnt know about? I SAID NO JUST BRAINS. effin idiot!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

I was just told this last week! I was blown away. Guess they want the submissive type. That's certainly not me. I go after what I want in life and have no interest or patience for playing games.
  • nolachick
    Options

I was just told this last week! I was blown away. Guess they want the submissive type. That's certainly not me. I go after what I want in life and have no interest or patience for playing games.

exactly!
    dont get me wrong i will let a man be a man. ilike a man who wants to take care of his woman and take the lead and well be a man. i do not like someone who is demanding and expects me not to ever have an opinion or say in things.

its all about balance amd compromise to me
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

exactly!
    dont get me wrong i will let a man be a man. ilike a man who wants to take care of his woman and take the lead and well be a man. i do not like someone who is demanding and expects me not to ever have an opinion or say in things.

its all about balance amd compromise to me

Same here. Your post got me thinking so I just started a topic on what's considered cheating. I've noticed a pattern the past few years with married guys that cheat. They all have trophy wives & have "conditioned" them. Then they go out looking for "real" women and try to live 2 lives. They're just never satisfied. They don't know what they want. We come across as intimidating b/c we do know what we want and we won't compromise our standards. Guys like this don't like to hear the truth, married or not. They're insecure with themselves.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Why am I single?

Lord I'd like to know.
    I spent way too long (8 years) with my ex husband, he cheated more times than I know about, and would rarely bring home his paycheck to support the home which included his two little girls. He didn't like the concept that his money was going towards rent, food, utilities, etc. He wanted to spend it on toys, and hookers.

Shortly after I divorced him, I met a guy that I've built an unbelievable friendship with... however he has a sexual addiction, and unfortunately his demons have gotten the better end of him. He is completely unhappy, with every aspect of his life, as I understand most people with an addiction are. He chose to blame me. So we are no longer together. I'd love to work as a team to help him fight those demons... but he chooses to give in to them, and chase other women. He said he never felt "proud" of me.
    I haven't quite gotten over him, we had a good 3 year run.

Life moves on, and I'm curious why God is testing the *kitten* out of me. I feel like I'm a good person, I've gone through many days of therapy to get myself back into check, I still believe and practice unconditional love, I give until I have nothing left to give. I make a really ****ty girlfriend but an awesome wife and mother. I allow the guy to be a guy, I'm ok with time apart, I am a Cancer, so I'm emotional at times, but I usually have my stuff together.
    Maybe it's not God punishing me but it sure feels like it. I did what I could to salvage my marriage, and I put alot of effort into not only building our relationship with my ex bf, but I put alot of effort into him as a man. Building him up, and praising him as he succeeded.
    Therefore it leaves me to ask what have I done wrong, and what have I done to deserve this solitude, the Lord knows I am a social butterfly. But I want to feel loved and cared for by someone other than myself.

Its hard to find people to relate to me, so I hope I find a few in here. That would be nice.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    As a single mom, I spent most of the last 19 years raising my son, working and just trying to survive. But in more recent years, I'm taking the time to figure things out for myself and be a better me. A work in progress...

But in that process I have figured out that my past issues with dating were directly related to how I viewed myself and what I felt I was deserving of (or not deserving of as the case may be). While I have some funny stories, I've never really done well in that part of my life so I keep a sense of humor about it and focus on more positive things.

Am in a MUCH better place now physically and mentally than I have ever been, am happy with my life and open to whatever the future holds. Cool thing is that whether I'm single or end up with a partner, I know that I'm A-OK!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Why am I single?

Lord I'd like to know.
    I spent way too long (8 years) with my ex husband, he cheated more times than I know about, and would rarely bring home his paycheck to support the home which included his two little girls. He didn't like the concept that his money was going towards rent, food, utilities, etc. He wanted to spend it on toys, and hookers.

Shortly after I divorced him, I met a guy that I've built an unbelievable friendship with... however he has a sexual addiction, and unfortunately his demons have gotten the better end of him. He is completely unhappy, with every aspect of his life, as I understand most people with an addiction are. He chose to blame me. So we are no longer together. I'd love to work as a team to help him fight those demons... but he chooses to give in to them, and chase other women. He said he never felt "proud" of me.
    I haven't quite gotten over him, we had a good 3 year run.

Life moves on, and I'm curious why God is testing the *kitten* out of me. I feel like I'm a good person, I've gone through many days of therapy to get myself back into check, I still believe and practice unconditional love, I give until I have nothing left to give. I make a really ****ty girlfriend but an awesome wife and mother. I allow the guy to be a guy, I'm ok with time apart, I am a Cancer, so I'm emotional at times, but I usually have my stuff together.
    Maybe it's not God punishing me but it sure feels like it. I did what I could to salvage my marriage, and I put alot of effort into not only building our relationship with my ex bf, but I put alot of effort into him as a man. Building him up, and praising him as he succeeded.
    Therefore it leaves me to ask what have I done wrong, and what have I done to deserve this solitude, the Lord knows I am a social butterfly. But I want to feel loved and cared for by someone other than myself.

Its hard to find people to relate to me, so I hope I find a few in here. That would be nice.

oh boy I can definitely relate! i'm a cancer too!
    we love hard, we give everything, we care way too much about other people! that sounds bad but its tru! i've never been married but i've been in two long term relationships 6yrs and 4 yrs, and I was very much in love. and each time I asked myself what I did wrong even though I tried so hard to make him happy. I too questioned why this was happening to me but you know what, sometimes its just not meant to be. and sometimes love is just not enough to hold two people together, as much as the emotional cancer likes to believe.

I'm not saying I'm perfect but once I realized I tried everything I could, and I gave it my all, and it still didn't work, then I had to stop blaming myself and find comfort in believing that maybe I simply have not met the person I was meant to be with. And that's ok with me.

So please don't blame yourself for those unhealthy relationships not working out. Be happy that you were smart enough to get out of them and now things can only get better for you! you can only find someone better who will love u and care about u! u've already weeded out 2 people that were toxic for you and for your kids. Wouldn't you rather meet someone who's a good example for them? I know you rather have that person now but nothing happens when we want it to, a lot of things happen when we least expect it!

Keep being u and doing ur thing, the right guy will come along :flowerforyou:
  • Jeffjaysmith
    Jeffjaysmith Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a f-ing idiot.

I think I have that same problem. :\
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    I was a single for a majority of my life 'cause I was fat and ugly and only managed to make women flee. Then I lost a lot of weight, got fit, became mildly attractive.. from that point on I guess it was mainly my lack of social contact and shyness. Then again, I'm not single anymore so what am I still doing here... ? Ah well.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Because I wasn't willing to settle
    Because I have no patience for bull****
    Because I haven't found the right guy
    Because I typically enjoy my own company more than other peoples
    Because I'm overly independent and kinda stubborn
    Because I have no filter - if I'm thinking it, more than likely I'm gonna say it
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Because I wasn't willing to settle
    Because I have no patience for bull****
    Because I haven't found the right guy
    Because I typically enjoy my own company more than other peoples
    Because I'm overly independent and kinda stubborn
    Because I have no filter - if I'm thinking it, more than likely I'm gonna say it

Add to that, I've been single for a while now and adjusting to having someone else in my life complicates things. Even though it's something I want, I don't exactly embrace change easily. Kind of makes it tough.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm single, because I am insecure. I've only found one person who told me I was beautiful and liked me for me. Other than that all I ever find are guys who think I should feel honored that they talk to me and I should sleep with them.