1st Trimester

Options

Replies

• cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    BFP?

Congrats I think :)

BFP = big fat positive??? Maybe... I think...

Sorry, yes that's a Big Fat Positive! I'll take the congratulations! Thank you!
  • cakesmooth
    Options
    Big Fat Positive on a pregnancy test. :) I guess I've been trying to have my second child for so long now that I'm abusing the lingo. I've been on lots of TTC (Trying to Conceive) boards for a long time and have been forced to learn the acronyms which I used to despise and am now using them. I've been using boards mostly on Baby Center and that's how they all talk. ;b
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Had a great first prenatal exam today. 11 weeks along, blood pressure is great and all my initial tests are good. Went for blood work and will know more at my next appointment. Also into maternity pants as of today, as nothing I own fits, other than sweat pants and they are snug. Doctor was surprised to find the heartbeat as soon as she touched my stomach, as she said they can be a bit elusive and hide for a few more weeks yet. Wasn't able to get a measurement on if I am measuring big or not, as my uterus tips backwards and they couldn't find the top today. So no answer on the twin question yet. However, my ultrasound is tomorrow, so will know one way or the other then! Can't wait! Hope everyone is doing well and feeling better as the end of the first trimester nears.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Big Fat Positive on a pregnancy test. :) I guess I've been trying to have my second child for so long now that I'm abusing the lingo. I've been on lots of TTC (Trying to Conceive) boards for a long time and have been forced to learn the acronyms which I used to despise and am now using them. I've been using boards mostly on Baby Center and that's how they all talk. ;b

Lol, no worries. I am the opposite, accidental first pregnancy so I know nothing!! Ask me about weight lifting and I am your girl though!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    So all of a sudden I have a little tummy. One of the things I have found so weird and interesting with this pregnancy thing is how things just seem to suddenly...pop... and there they are. My nipples were normal one day and huge the next, the same with my boobs. Now the belly is there and I swear it wasn't there 2 days ago....
  • cakesmooth
    Options

Lol, no worries. I am the opposite, accidental first pregnancy so I know nothing!! Ask me about weight lifting and I am your girl though!

Congrats too you! Btw, my nips never retuned to their former glory! Have fun with that!
  • mecilahm
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm new here, first time I've posted on MFP! We found out on Sunday that we are expecting baby #3 (4 weeks pregnant), we are excited and scared at the same time. We already have 2 boys that are 6 and 2, so adding a 3rd child will be interesting! With my last 2 pregnancies I didn't watch what I ate at all, gained 50 lbs the first time and about 20 lbs the second. This pregnancy I'm determined to be healthy, walk every day, and not gain an enormous amount of weight. I had preeclampsia with my last 2 pregnancies so I'm hopeful that if I eat better and don't gain too much my blood pressure will stay down, or at least be a little better. With both my boys I was completely fine until I was close to the end and then had to be induced @ 37 weeks. I think I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I actually went into labor naturally!
    I made a commitment to myself that I'd walk at least 30 minutes everyday and so far I've done that since we took our test. The only issues I've had so far is that I'm completely exhausted!! It seems that no matter how early I go to bed I still feel like I need more sleep. Is anyone else in their 1st trimester having this problem? When will it let up? Other than that I get little waves of nausea, but no actual vomiting. The cramps are kind of a pain to deal with so I'm hoping those go away in the next couple weeks.
    I've found that I'm more paranoid this time around compared to my other 2 pregnancies. I'm super anxious to go to my 1st doc appointment, which isn't until the end of August. I want it to get here so that I can have the ultrasound and see that everything is ok!
    Love reading everyone's posts and wish everyone luck in their pregnancies! Can't wait to read more!!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Ultrasound was great today......and my husband is thrilled that there was only one baby, not two! I am a little disappointed. However, baby is 12 weeks, so my due date has been bumped up to February 14, 2013. HR was good, baby was moving up a storm during the exam and development all looked normal. :-)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Ultrasound was great today......and my husband is thrilled that there was only one baby, not two! I am a little disappointed. However, baby is 12 weeks, so my due date has been bumped up to February 14, 2013. HR was good, baby was moving up a storm during the exam and development all looked normal. :-)

WOOT! Congrats!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm now 13 weeks and 2 days, so I guess that means I need to move on to the second trimester board. Thanks all and I'll see you over there!
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Had an ultrasound this morning to confirm my due date since my cycle is not the typical 28 day one, and we are where we thought we were at - 10 weeks, so due date is still Feb 28, 2013. Hubby and I heard a nice strong heart beat and saw it moving around. It did try to hide its heart beat, but the tech was super patient. It definitely feels more real now.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    Happy to find this group. I am 4wks and 3 days. This is my 5th pregnancy, no children. I seem concieve naturally then miscarry. Its been a long road. I'm hoping this is my healthy baby! I'm due April 10th. So far I've only had heart burn and bloating. I'm on progesterone. I had my second beta HCG yesterday, so hopefully I'll find out my numbers today. I'm also 40 years old, so my reproductive years are seriously dwindling!

Glad to be here for the support.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Wow, I leave to go camping for a week and come back to realize there are lots of new pregnancies. Congrats to all! I will be 14 weeks in 3 days, so I will see you all in the 2nd trimester board! See you soon, good luck to all!
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon and started eating trash. absolute trash. not neccesarily because of the pregnancy, but i just used it as an excuse to eat more food!!!!!

Anyway hopefully i am back on track today. Currently 6 weeks and 2 days
  • keyalus
    keyalus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Found out that I'm pregnant with Baby #2 last week. I have one son who will be 3 in September. I spent nearly 2 years losing the ridiculous amount of baby weight that I put on (80lbs!) and I want to avoid that issue this time around. I'm joining this group to hopefully stay on track better during this pregnancy than during my first. I never have a problem with exercising, I have issues with eating too much. Last time I threw caution to the wind to just have one point in my life where I wasn't dieting and it was a disaster.

Now that I know how bad it can get, I won't let that happen again! It is still very early in my pregnancy (5w 4d) but my attitude about food changed as soon as I got that +. Looking forward to having a truly healthy pregnancy this time around!
  • cakesmooth
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Found out that I'm pregnant with Baby #2 last week. I have one son who will be 3 in September. I spent nearly 2 years losing the ridiculous amount of baby weight that I put on (80lbs!) and I want to avoid that issue this time around. I'm joining this group to hopefully stay on track better during this pregnancy than during my first. I never have a problem with exercising, I have issues with eating too much. Last time I threw caution to the wind to just have one point in my life where I wasn't dieting and it was a disaster.

Now that I know how bad it can get, I won't let that happen again! It is still very early in my pregnancy (5w 4d) but my attitude about food changed as soon as I got that +. Looking forward to having a truly healthy pregnancy this time around!

Welcome! I have a 3 year old too and gained too much weight. I kept some of it on with the excuse of trying to conceive #2 (2 losses since then). It was hard to get motivated to lose weight when I felt I was going to get pregnant and fat again. This time I refuse to gain extra weight! I lost 8 pounds before getting pregnant and am going to stick to the maintenance plan for the 1st trimester. I'll rethink my diet if my sweet baby makes it to 2nd trimester. I'm trying no to gain any extra weight this trimester and am 4 weeks 5 days along. Friend me if you want some support!
  • keyalus
    keyalus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I'm doing. Eating my maintenance calorie level and eating back any exercise calories because I exercise daily. Last time I gained about 10lbs in the first trimester even though I exercises! No bueno.
  • cakesmooth
    Options
    I excercised lot with my first pregnancy but ate a lot as well. I was strong enough for a natural birth but super fat. How do you all figure out your maintenance calories. MFP put me at 2000 cals for maintenance but it seems high.
  • JillSandm
    JillSandm Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Emotional day for me today. I hit 10 weeks today, and my weekly photo (done every Friday since week 7) confirms that I have just the slightest of bumps, so YAY! I feel like I'm actually pregnant, and not just super tired with really sore boobs! This afternoon, when I went to the bathroom, I wiped just the tiniest bit of pink tinge. I am so freaked out! I lost a baby 10 1/2 years ago at 13 weeks, and am just so worried that it's going to happen again. I've been to the bathroom three times since then (darn baby makes me pee all.the.time), and one of those times I wiped pink tinge again, the other two times were clear. DH and I were intimate last night, so I'm hoping that's all it is. I'd totally go to the doc this afternoon, but we live in a small town and we don't have an ultrasound tech on staff - one is contracted out by appointment only.

Anyway, if anyone prays, I'd love some prayer! My mind is playing tricks on me, making me think I feel cramps, etc. Thanks, gals!
  • cakesmooth
    Options
    Emotional day for me today. I hit 10 weeks today, and my weekly photo (done every Friday since week 7) confirms that I have just the slightest of bumps, so YAY! I feel like I'm actually pregnant, and not just super tired with really sore boobs! This afternoon, when I went to the bathroom, I wiped just the tiniest bit of pink tinge. I am so freaked out! I lost a baby 10 1/2 years ago at 13 weeks, and am just so worried that it's going to happen again. I've been to the bathroom three times since then (darn baby makes me pee all.the.time), and one of those times I wiped pink tinge again, the other two times were clear. DH and I were intimate last night, so I'm hoping that's all it is. I'd totally go to the doc this afternoon, but we live in a small town and we don't have an ultrasound tech on staff - one is contracted out by appointment only.

Anyway, if anyone prays, I'd love some prayer! My mind is playing tricks on me, making me think I feel cramps, etc. Thanks, gals!

I will pray for you and baby! In May I was 11 weeks along when I found my little baby had passed a few weeks prior. Can you call you doctor for advice? Please take it easy! Keep your feet up and drink lots of water. Keep us posted.