1st Trimester

Options

Replies

• MyrianeO
    MyrianeO Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey girls..

First off, it is quite illegal to fire someone because they are preggo.. Tell your boss as soon as possible, and in writing.. this dosen't mean that you have to tell everyone at the office.

I told mine at 8 weeks because I was sick.. Being pregnant is now classified as a condition, which means that you can take more sick days as needed, with the aproval of your doctor. My boss is very flexible with me because she knows I am pregnant.. if she didn't she would think that i'm lacking work skills or faking sick.. so that's why I thought it was very important.

Ok so i'm 11weeks 3 days, and I have been in mat pants for at least 3 weeks now.. I honestly don't know how ppl can be in normal pants past that lol.. I find it sooo unconfortable to be in normal pants because of the pressure on my abdomen.. So i've bought 1 pair of jeans and grey pants, just to get me by.. and I bought about 10 pairs of pants of of kijiji (like craig's list in canada) for like 45$.. They're used, but way more comfy than regular pants lol..

I used to feel fatter, but now i'm beginning to show I find.. i might look fat to others but I know I'm pregnant so i'm trying to embrace my body :)
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am 8w5d, and my "fat" pants are starting to get tight. It is kind of depressing. I don't even think the belly bands would help me since they are getting tight in the butt too!

On a brighter note, I can feel my uterus now. It's not poking out or anything, but I can feel a small firm spot on my lower abdomen. I work with a midwife, and she confirmed that it is my uterus!

There are now 4 of us at work who are due within a few weeks of each other! It's going to be crazy around here when everyone is on maternity leave!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm just 4 weeks pregnant but am looking forward to this journey alongside all of you! We found out on mothers day and I have 3 weeks until my first appointment (ultrasound). I'm really excited about it as this is our first baby :)

What I am not so excited about is the 24/7 nausea, which I didn't expect for a few more weeks. Anyone else have it so early? I guess it's a reminder that I really am pregnant :)

Regarding work - I literally got a new boss last week and she didn't start off on the right foot, so I will definitely wait a few months to tell her. I'm planning to ask for 12 weeks off, so we will see!
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Had my U/S today! Measured 12 w 6 days, so my doc might move my due date up. Nuchal scan looked great. Waiting for blood test results, but I really don't think it will be an issue. I just ate the biggest burger you have ever seen, so I guess my appetite is back.
  • EricaG86
    EricaG86 Posts: 28
    Options
    Had my U/S today! Measured 12 w 6 days, so my doc might move my due date up. Nuchal scan looked great. Waiting for blood test results, but I really don't think it will be an issue. I just ate the biggest burger you have ever seen, so I guess my appetite is back.

Glad to hear your Nuchal scan went great, i have my appt at the end of this month..I'm right behind you at 12 wks 2d..Whats the nuchal scan like? Is it more detailed than a regular U/S?
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Glad to hear your Nuchal scan went great, i have my appt at the end of this month..I'm right behind you at 12 wks 2d..Whats the nuchal scan like? Is it more detailed than a regular U/S?
    It is just a regular u/s, but instead of measuring limbs and cranium they are measuring the size of the lymph fluid resevoir inthe neck area. Thin line=good. A lot of fluid is an indicator of downs. Honestly, this was the earliest I have ever had an u/s and I was surprised to see hands, feet and a nose!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am new to this group, 5wks and 3 days :)) I became fit and was living a healthy lifestyle for the past 1 yr, newly pregnant now and I would like to continue this lifestyle! :)
  • cocolo89
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm just 4 weeks pregnant but am looking forward to this journey alongside all of you! We found out on mothers day and I have 3 weeks until my first appointment (ultrasound). I'm really excited about it as this is our first baby :)

What I am not so excited about is the 24/7 nausea, which I didn't expect for a few more weeks. Anyone else have it so early? I guess it's a reminder that I really am pregnant :)

Regarding work - I literally got a new boss last week and she didn't start off on the right foot, so I will definitely wait a few months to tell her. I'm planning to ask for 12 weeks off, so we will see!

I started feeling nausea around 4 weeks as well, but then I started my exercise routine and getting out more, the nausea went away. I still get overwhelming fatigue around 6pm thou. LOL
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It would be illegal for them to fire you over being pregnant. But if you have other issues they might be able to let you go.

Im not really worried they would let me go while i am pregnant, i am more worried that I would not have a job when i came back from maternity leave. We only have 12-15 employees so the company does not have to follow FMLA
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Well I am moving over to the 2nd trimester since I am 14 weeks today! See all of you ladies in the second trimester! :)
  • dls0516
    dls0516 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I heading to my first ultrasound in the next hour and really nervous! I'm only 6 weeks 4 days and I hope they see a strong heartbeat! My bloodwork from Tuesday showed that my hCG level is 38,808 and my progesterone level was 13.4 so I'm now taking progesterone pills. I've been having "morning sickness" throughout the day and I'm tired all the time - all good signs!
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I had my 9 week ultrasound yesterday, and everything is still looking great! Baby is actually starting to look like a baby and was wiggling around for us. Heartbeat was at 164, so that's great too! Based on that, we have officially graduated from my fertility clinic to a regular OB doctor. I will be seeing a midwife who is also a friend of mine.
  • cocolo89
    Options
    hey guys, so I started feel nauseous around 4 wks, I am almost 6 wks now and I havent had nausea since. When does the nausea usually start? I remember while pregnant with my daughter I didn't have any nausea, only in 2nd trimester I had a little bit if I didn't eat on time. I am worried now because I started this pregnancy with nausea and a week later it went away, I don't have any other symptoms except for fatigue and missed period. With my daughter I was experiencing sore breast and cramps. I don't have that this time, is this normal?!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    hey guys, so I started feel nauseous around 4 wks, I am almost 6 wks now and I havent had nausea since. When does the nausea usually start? I remember while pregnant with my daughter I didn't have any nausea, only in 2nd trimester I had a little bit if I didn't eat on time. I am worried now because I started this pregnancy with nausea and a week later it went away, I don't have any other symptoms except for fatigue and missed period. With my daughter I was experiencing sore breast and cramps. I don't have that this time, is this normal?!

I have no first-hand experience, but I have heard quite a few women say they never experienced nausea (and, of course, quite a number who have). I'm exactly 6 weeks today and only notice it if I don't eat on time. Today I started to feel pretty gross right before noon, but as soon as I ate lunch I perked right back up. Part of me wants to feel more sick because then I would "feel pregnant" -- but I'm sure I will regret saying that if I end up puking several times a day!
  • cocolo89
    Options

I have no first-hand experience, but I have heard quite a few women say they never experienced nausea (and, of course, quite a number who have). I'm exactly 6 weeks today and only notice it if I don't eat on time. Today I started to feel pretty gross right before noon, but as soon as I ate lunch I perked right back up. Part of me wants to feel more sick because then I would "feel pregnant" -- but I'm sure I will regret saying that if I end up puking several times a day!

LOL I am the same way! I would love to feel "more" pregnant cause I am just not feeling like I am right now. I figured maybe nausea would help me feel like I really am pregnant? LOL... but then again, I would hate puking everyday for 3 months! I guess we are just one of those lucky ladies. Maybe I am having a girl again since I don't really have the nausea, just like with my daughter.

I guess I am just worried cause I was reading that if your not nauseous you have a higher chance of miscarriage. I sure hope that is false.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

I have a sister in law who has had 3 babies and has never had morning sickness (I hate her). I on the other hand when I was pregnant with my son I threw up all day from 6am to 10pm for 6 months. This time I get nauseous usually after I eat ad I have had menstrual cramps and my breasts hurt since the beginning of April neve had any of that with my son. My doctor says as long as ypur not bleeding anything can happen. I just think every pregnancy is different. I am 10 weeks today and still having the same symptoms an really wished I didnt .
  • questionablemethods
    Options
    I guess I am just worried cause I was reading that if your not nauseous you have a higher chance of miscarriage. I sure hope that is false.

I have heard that women with morning sickness have good outcomes, but that doesn't mean that NOT feeling sick means something bad. It also probably has a lot to do with how your body reacts to the hormones you are producing at that particular time--and I bet your reaction can also change a lot from pregnancy to pregnancy. I am trying to think about it like medication. Some people experience very strong side effects to some medication while other people taking the same medicine in the same dose don't feel anything.
  • cocolo89
    Options
    woohoo, 6 weeks now! I felt a little nausea last night before bed and some this morning, but it went away and it wasn't bad, I didn't puke. LOL... Today I will be calling my OB and setting an appt. With my daughter they didnt see me until I was 13 weeks, hopefully they have some spots available in June! Its killing me inside not telling anyone. LOL I wanted to wait til my 1st prenatal visit. I came close to spilling the beans a few times. hmmm hmm hmm... almost there
  • questionablemethods
    Options
    I went to see a nurse practitioner today and got a transvaginal ultrasound. There's a baby in there! With a heartbeat! So exciting!

I was terrified before going in. I hardly slept at all last night and when they took my blood pressure when I first arrived it was high (it is normally perfect). I was so concerned about not seeing anything or it not being in the right place, etc.

They dated me at 6w1d, which was close to what I estimated based on when I think I ovulated. I'm obviously far from "out of the woods" but we're going to tell our parents tonight! I can't possibly keep it from my mom any longer. :happy:
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    5 weeks TODAY! :smile: I am working on getting my insurance together so I can go to the doctor. Soooooo excited!