1st Trimester

Options

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I went to see a nurse practitioner today and got a transvaginal ultrasound. There's a baby in there! With a heartbeat! So exciting!

I was terrified before going in. I hardly slept at all last night and when they took my blood pressure when I first arrived it was high (it is normally perfect). I was so concerned about not seeing anything or it not being in the right place, etc.

They dated me at 6w1d, which was close to what I estimated based on when I think I ovulated. I'm obviously far from "out of the woods" but we're going to tell our parents tonight! I can't possibly keep it from my mom any longer. :happy:

oh that's awesome! so exciting! I can't wait til I hear the heartbeat!! I'm getting worried cause I don't feel any cramping like I did with my daughter. I feel pretty normal, only difference I notice is fatigue, my heartrate is higher than usual, and slight bloating.
  • cocolo89
    Options
    5 weeks TODAY! :smile: I am working on getting my insurance together so I can go to the doctor. Soooooo excited!

That's awesome! Congrats!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    5 weeks TODAY! :smile: I am working on getting my insurance together so I can go to the doctor. Soooooo excited!

Yayyyy! we are due date twins as I'm 5 weeks today too :) Congrats!!!
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    I went to see a nurse practitioner today and got a transvaginal ultrasound. There's a baby in there! With a heartbeat! So exciting!

I was terrified before going in. I hardly slept at all last night and when they took my blood pressure when I first arrived it was high (it is normally perfect). I was so concerned about not seeing anything or it not being in the right place, etc.

They dated me at 6w1d, which was close to what I estimated based on when I think I ovulated. I'm obviously far from "out of the woods" but we're going to tell our parents tonight! I can't possibly keep it from my mom any longer. :happy:

This is so wonderful :) I'm a little nervous as well, but have 2.5 more weeks until my ultrasound...it's like it's not really happening until I can SEE it!

Have fun telling your parents - what an exciting time :)
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    woohoo, 6 weeks now! I felt a little nausea last night before bed and some this morning, but it went away and it wasn't bad, I didn't puke. LOL... Today I will be calling my OB and setting an appt. With my daughter they didnt see me until I was 13 weeks, hopefully they have some spots available in June! Its killing me inside not telling anyone. LOL I wanted to wait til my 1st prenatal visit. I came close to spilling the beans a few times. hmmm hmm hmm... almost there

You are stronger than me! I already told a trillion people (okay not really, but parents, siblings, and a few friends) bc I just couldn't hold it in. Plus, a few asked me straight up, and I don't want to lie! Hopefully you get an appointment when you are hoping :)
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    hey guys, so I started feel nauseous around 4 wks, I am almost 6 wks now and I havent had nausea since. When does the nausea usually start? I remember while pregnant with my daughter I didn't have any nausea, only in 2nd trimester I had a little bit if I didn't eat on time. I am worried now because I started this pregnancy with nausea and a week later it went away, I don't have any other symptoms except for fatigue and missed period. With my daughter I was experiencing sore breast and cramps. I don't have that this time, is this normal?!

I have no first-hand experience, but I have heard quite a few women say they never experienced nausea (and, of course, quite a number who have). I'm exactly 6 weeks today and only notice it if I don't eat on time. Today I started to feel pretty gross right before noon, but as soon as I ate lunch I perked right back up. Part of me wants to feel more sick because then I would "feel pregnant" -- but I'm sure I will regret saying that if I end up puking several times a day!

LOL I am the same way! I would love to feel "more" pregnant cause I am just not feeling like I am right now. I figured maybe nausea would help me feel like I really am pregnant? LOL... but then again, I would hate puking everyday for 3 months! I guess we are just one of those lucky ladies. Maybe I am having a girl again since I don't really have the nausea, just like with my daughter.

I guess I am just worried cause I was reading that if your not nauseous you have a higher chance of miscarriage. I sure hope that is false.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks like this...I know I'm still early and I have plenty of time for morning sickness to start, but part of me feels like I SHOULD feel more pregnant at this point. I'm sure I"ll change my tune if I do actually start feeling sick!
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I can't get in to see my doctor until late June. I was told they need to see me at least before 12 weeks and I'll be 11w6d by the time I even go for my first appointment. Have any of you ladies had to wait that long?

I asked if there was something that could be done in the meantime just to confirm things and the receptionist told me if I had a positive HPT, I was pregnant. But I would still like something done. Do you think I should call another clinic and ask for a blood test? I don't think I can wait until 12 weeks. That's almost the entire 1st trimester!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I can't get in to see my doctor until late June. I was told they need to see me at least before 12 weeks and I'll be 11w6d by the time I even go for my first appointment. Have any of you ladies had to wait that long?

I asked if there was something that could be done in the meantime just to confirm things and the receptionist told me if I had a positive HPT, I was pregnant. But I would still like something done. Do you think I should call another clinic and ask for a blood test? I don't think I can wait until 12 weeks. That's almost the entire 1st trimester!

I don't know myself, but I feel for you. I would probably have gone crazy if I'd had to wait that long to see something on a screen! But I do know it is fairly common for places not to take women until 10-12 weeks. I suppose you can keep peeing on sticks if you need some reassurance, but I think that only tells you so much. Perhaps someone else has more insight.
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options

This is standard practice for a lot of ob/gyns. If you had a + hpt, you are pregnant. Pick up some prenatals from the drug store and start those. The only reason you would need to go to the dr early is i fyou are having pains or have a history of miscarriage.
  • cocolo89
    Options

agh, that totally sucks!
  • cocolo89
    Options
    Ok so my due date was moved to January 15th, I guess they don't calculate your cycle length. I usually have a 25 day cycle, but they calculated it as being 28days. oh well. I guess I will see when I have my prenatal apt and they do an ultrasound! yippy! usually at my OB clinic we get an ultrasound in each trimester! so excited

soo this will make me 6wks and 1day rather than 6wks and 3days like I thought I was.
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'll be trying to wait as patiently as possible until late June! Probably taking a few more dollar store tests :)

I actually spoke with the HR department at work today and was pleasantly surprised at what I was told. I'll have 7 weeks of paid leave before FMLA even kicks in! If I choose to use all the available FMLA, I'll have up to another 3 months unpaid! I would probably go crazy being out of work that long and I wouldn't want to be out a paycheck for 3 whole months. But I'm still pretty impressed with the benefits my employer offers!
    soo this will make me 6wks and 1day rather than 6wks and 3days like I thought I was.

Thankfully it isn't too big of a difference! I would probably cry if I was told I was 2 weeks earlier than I thought or something like that!
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I apologize for being so absent on this board. I started my full time job and am adjusting to everything! I hope everyone is doing well!

I just went to my 12wk checkup. I lost 2lbs which the dr. and I were both pleased. I'm going to make it a goal to gain a max of 25lbs. The dr. said that I will gain atleast 15lbs with the baby, boobs, placenta, water, etc. and she said the rest is mine to keep and I def. don't want to keep any of it!

The appt. itself was pretty quick. I gave a urine sample, which I forgot to ask the results about. The MA looked for the heart beat with the US probe and couldn't find it. I asked her if it usually took that long for them to find the heart beat and she informed me that she was a newbie and went and got a more experienced MA. The baby kept moving around whenever he was being poked with the probe so needless to say we only heard it for a few seconds (170 beats)! Then the dr. came in went over any questions we had and gave us a script for the anatomical US at wk 18 and sent us on our merry way!

I'm really trying hard to get atleast 30min of activity a day! Hope all you other mommas are fit and fab!
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    vonalj - I hope your job is going well and you are adjusting well!! That's a big change :) Sounds like you had a great doctor's appointment and everything is going well...25lbs is my goal as well, so we'll see how that goes. I set "goal weights" for the end of each trimester to try to keep myself on track. We will see how that goes :) Sounds like you have a good plan though!
  • cocolo89
    Options
    Looks like I'll be trying to wait as patiently as possible until late June! Probably taking a few more dollar store tests :)

I actually spoke with the HR department at work today and was pleasantly surprised at what I was told. I'll have 7 weeks of paid leave before FMLA even kicks in! If I choose to use all the available FMLA, I'll have up to another 3 months unpaid! I would probably go crazy being out of work that long and I wouldn't want to be out a paycheck for 3 whole months. But I'm still pretty impressed with the benefits my employer offers!

Thankfully it isn't too big of a difference! I would probably cry if I was told I was 2 weeks earlier than I thought or something like that!

ya that's true, not a big difference, but it feels like I have been stuck at 6 weeks forever. LOL. And nice how your employer offers such great benefits! When I was working while pregnant, I was also paid 7 weeks while not working and they gave me just a total of 12wks of leave. I took every last day of it to be with my newborn! But i ended up quitting at 6month cause I had babysitting issues and my hubby wanted me to quit. So I am now a SAHM, woohoo. lol it took a while to adjust, but i enjoy each moment with my kiddo!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

See my work has the FMLA and the short-term disability running at the same time so only 12 weeks total :( still though, that's way better than a lot of women get.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies just hit 10wk6d today and yesterday my "morning sickness" has kicked into full force. I also think I traumatized my son. Was on my way to take him to the sitter so he could catch the bus and I had to pull over to throw up. Tried to talk about it and explain that I am ok and he refuses to talk about it. Just hope he is ok. Anyways just hope I get over it quickly and not have till I am 6 months like I did with my son.
  • pcedano
    pcedano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! Finally had my first prenatal appt yesterday!!! Everything looking good, had a trans-vaginal u/s, baby was measuring 10w 6d instead of 11weeks, so not that bad. The only issue I had was during my blood work. I have very very thin and deep veins, so drawing blood is always a mission, but yesterday it was impossible!! The nurse tried on both arms and even both hands and nothing. She was able to get a vein in my hand but it was just dripping and it took 2 minutes to the bottom of the vile to fill up, and I needed 5 full viles! They had me drinking juice and water for 20 minutes but no blood. Have to come in Tuesday morning to try again if still an issue they will need to send me to a lab tech that specializes in situations like mine :(
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    pcedano - I'm glad you had a good first appt, but I'm sorry about your difficulties having blood drawn :( I often have issues as well, so hopefully you are successful when you go back!

blink - I'm sorry you aren't feeling well and hope it doesn't last as long as last time! Hopefully your son will understand it isn't a bad thing mommy was sick!
  • Exna
    Exna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies just hit 10wk2d today and this week my "morning sickness" look to be fading away, was kind of worried about that but yesterday was my first prenatal visit and heard the baby's heartbeat <3 Doctor said everything looks good and to a good start :) ..
    My morning sickness are fine as long as I am eating every 2 hours ... I hope at the end of my pregnancy I don't hate carrots and cucumber since those are my everyday's snacks ;)