Weight Gain Update

Options

Replies

• lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am 21 wks and have gained 1 lb. I had originally gained 5 the first Tri, and then lost 6. Now I am at a +1 from the orginal starting point. My doctor is glad though, b/c I am 5'9 and 191. She only wants me to gain about 15 lbs since I am overweight. It's realistic and I am okay with that, b/c I know that with my Prenatal Vitamin and Healthy eating that the baby is getting the vitamins and nutrients that it needs.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    21 weeks 2lbs so far

2lbs! How have you gained so little. i would have expected at 21 weeks that there must be some baby weight at least.

I am at 21 weeks and only 1 lb. gain just as the lady above was at her time....at 20-21 weeks the baby is between 12 and 16 ounces in weight.
  • brandiwells1
    brandiwells1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    37 weeks and I have gained 23
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am 26 weeks; have gained about 4 lbs (all in the last week it seems!). Hoping to stay at a bare minum as I was already heavy to start.
  • spankywife
    spankywife Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    35 weeks and 26 pounds gained. More than I wanted but the baby is healthy so I'm good with it. I can always lose it later. :happy:
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm now at 34 weeks and 17 lbs. Reasonable, and I wouldn't feel too terrible if I gained another 6-8 from here to the end, though I tend to lose towards the end when I can't eat as much because of the squished belly.
  • brandiwells1
    brandiwells1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    38 wks + 1 d and I have gained 26lbs

* How many calories are ya'll eating?
  • Mewlingstork
    Mewlingstork Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to think that MFP calorie numbers aren't correct for me either. I eat roughly 2,000 net calories a day and am still slowly, slowly gaining. I was trying to maintain since I had a big gain around 22-23 weeks. I exercise more than I was then, but still seems like the weight keeps on coming. I'm 30-31 weeks and up about 24lbs. Doctor said weight gain for me was 35-40pounds. I'm hoping to stay under 200lbs, if possible. Of course, I'm going to eat if I'm hungry and won't lower my calories because I think this is what I need right now for me and baby, but just seems like at maintenance I shouldn't be gaining this much weight still.
  • GeorgiaOnlyDaughter
    Options
    11 weeks and 5lbs so far.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I've gained 24.8lbs@25weeks. I don't know what else to do differently. Before becoming pregnant I was eating at maintenance and successfully maintaining my weight. In the first trimester, I often went over my calories, but only gained 3-4 in the first. In the second, I increased to gain 1/2lb per week, and it's been a lot more than that obviously! Oh well, I'm just going to keep doing the best I can, I'd rather nourish my baby and work off the weight in a few months!
  • jomiley23
    Options
    At my 12 week checkup I had lost 1.5lbs since my first doctor's visit at week 6. I started the pregnancy at 238lbs, so I hope this trend continues. Li'l peanut, on the other hand, has grown beautifully. At the last ultrasound (s)he was laid back with hands behind the head, just chillin'.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I've gained 24.8lbs@25weeks. I don't know what else to do differently. Before becoming pregnant I was eating at maintenance and successfully maintaining my weight. In the first trimester, I often went over my calories, but only gained 3-4 in the first. In the second, I increased to gain 1/2lb per week, and it's been a lot more than that obviously! Oh well, I'm just going to keep doing the best I can, I'd rather nourish my baby and work off the weight in a few months!

Ditto, I think you and I have been gaining at the same pace, we'll start a post-pregger workout group :laugh:

I'm at almost 29 weeks and gained 26lbs...there goes that "25 lb only" goal :ohwell:
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options

I agree, keep doing what you are doing and work off the weight after baby arrives... It's hard to see the scale go up, but we just have to remember we need to do what is best for baby!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am almost 29 weeks and I am at 29 pounds!!! Not great, not horrible!!
  • Mewlingstork
    Mewlingstork Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Since I weighed four pounds less at my last doctors appointment, I'm at 22 pounds at 31/32 weeks. I'm trying to stay under 200 pounds, but it may not happen. I think I'm on track to gain right around 30-35lbs. As long as baby is healthy, I won't worry about it until (s)he is born and I can get back into my usual eating and exercise!
  • chickybuns
    Options
    I weigh again tomorrow but last week I was up 29lbs@26weeks! It has slowed somewhat. The last time between appointments I gained around 10! This time it's more looking like 5 or 6.
  • chickybuns
    Options

Ditto, I think you and I have been gaining at the same pace, we'll start a post-pregger workout group :laugh:

I'm at almost 29 weeks and gained 26lbs...there goes that "25 lb only" goal :ohwell:

Yes, I will need the motivation!!!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

Yes, I will need the motivation!!!

Awesome! My goal-calendar for post-pregnancy

1. First 4 weeks - recover and spend time with baby, do walking with the dogs and stroller or a little on the bike and treadmill just to keep active. Make sure I have my calories correct to breastfeed and produce enough

2. Once I feel better then finally finish P90X (so 90 days), I had started it but got pregnant and didn't have the energy to keep it up in the first trimester so I quit

3. Couch to 5K, then to 10K in time for the spring races, probably throw a 30DS or Insanity in here somewhere if I can find a cheap copy

4. By June be able to run the Wine Country Half Marathon

5. By August be in shape enough for a Tough Mudder or Spartan!

Of course we'll see what I ACTUALLY end up being able to do :laugh:
  • chickybuns
    Options
    Those are great goals! Mine aren't that specific. Since I'm due middle of November I probably won't be able to do much until January. I'm hoping i can do some walking and maybe start a little strenght. In January I plan on doing Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme Hybrid. I also want to do a tuff mudder, but I can't find anyone around me that wants to do it too :( Although i'm not really a runner, I might try to do some running too. Good luck to us :)
  • newmommynewfitme
    Options
    No weight gain from starting pregnancy weight as I lost quite a bit during the first trimester/second trimester. Have put on 6lbs since then at 31 weeks , hoping I can stay at a - weight gain and then once having the baby be even lower as I still want to lose 100lbs after having him. Giving myself 3-4 weeks before I start working out again after having him besides lots of walking (that's if I get to do vbac , if not and it's c-section again who knows when my doctor will let me workout. ) My goal is to lose that 100 by June 2013, which puts me at losing 3.5lbs a week. You ladies are doing great. Last pregnancy I was on restriction, no exercise, high dose steroids and I put on a ton of weight . I was determined not to this pregnancy.