Introductions

Options

Replies

• Catie_v2
    Catie_v2 Posts: 67
    Options
    Hi all! I live in central Mass...just finishing week one on here and liking it! Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    HI everyone! My name is Stephanie and I live in WInthrop, Maine ( about halfway between Lewiston/Auburn and Augusta). I have lived in Maine since I was about 10 years old, before that I lived in Queens, NY
  • JoannDanielleE
    JoannDanielleE Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Joann from Harrisburg PA
  • calicat0925
    calicat0925 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Carrie from Southern New Hampshire.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I am Karen, I am 49, turning 50 next April and I have 19 year old twins. I live in Burlington Vermont, having moved here from Illinois in 1987.
  • vasolrac
    vasolrac Posts: 7
    Options
    If anyone is into photography I highly recommend doing a NYC city photo tour. I did an afternoon and night tour last week and managed to increase my step count quite a bit. I track how many steps I take with my fitbit tracker. Great little device btw.

The company I used for the photo tour is called citifari. Nice guys and very knowledgable.

Carlos
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm Rose from Western MA :)
  • Karamelicious
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm from Harlem, living in The Bronx. Good luck to you all!
  • tallfire2016
    tallfire2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jennifer (Jeni) from west-central Vermont, Rutland to be exact. I've lived here for 56 years and love it, although sometimes I tink it's really boring. The weekend of August 11-12, though, will be an event called "Art in the Park" where many artisans will be showing and selling their crafts. It's a wonderful event and a great opportunity to buy Christmas gifts and/or items for yourself. I always look forward to this weekend!
  • Keithg41
    Keithg41 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in Northeast MA, Merrimack Valley area. I am looking to lose about 40 to 50 lbs. Anyone with any tips, tricks or good ideas on how to do this safely and effectively, please msg me. I go to the local gym about 3 days a week fro cardio and a little weigh lifting. I also visit with a personal trainer 1 day a week. I have been stuck at my current weight with little up/down spikes here or there. I just can not seem to get the weight off and stay off. I would like to do this weight lose for my overall health and well being.

I am new to this idea of involving others (strangers) in my attempt to lose some weight.

and oh yeah, HI! ;-)
  • liv1225
    liv1225 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I'm Liv, and I'm from North Jersey. Feel free to add me! I love the community of MFP, and the encouragement we can give each other :)
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am Courtnie, 25, from South Shore Mass! I love living by the beach and close enough to Boston :)
    I would like to loose 35 more pounds and be at 180. After that I will decide what my next goal will be! I've recently become obsessed with mfp and losing weight the healthy way! I work M-F 8-5pm so I always try to get at least a half hour of exercise after work every day. I'm not an exercise junkie which is why I don't do more than that.

If anyone thinks they have similar goals please feel free to add! It's nice seeing food diaries from people in my area b/c I can get ideas and know it will be in my grocery store!
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi I'm Daniel from Nashua, NH.

I'm only one month in to changing my body and getting in shape so I haven't started looking for activities but I figured this was a good way to stat looking.

I do plan to start skydiving again next May at Skydive Pepperell.

I also plan to start running 5k's around then as well.

I started at 275 and now 25 days later I am 266. My goal is 199 and toned. I still need to get my measurments taking of inches and BMI but I don't have a caliper yet, am not a member of a gym, and my health insurance doens't kick in for a couple more weeks. BUT SOON!!!
  • RubyRyker
    Options
    I live in Southern NH and am looking for a few friends here on MFP for support! My husband (dandaninc on MFP) is my biggest supporter but it's always nice to meet new people.
  • np9494
    np9494 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Nilam and im an 18 year old about to start college at Barnard college in NYC. I just started using this site as a way to stay on top of what I eat while in college and to tone up a bit more. I have been a runner for four years and hope to keep running for as long a as I can. I love trail running so I'll be needing some motivation to run during the transition to road running on the city. Feel free to add me since I don't have many friend yet:)
  • kallston89
    kallston89 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! My name is Kenyette and I live and work in Howard County Maryland. I joined MFP around March and didnt really start using it until April. Tracking what i eat and how I exercise has really helped me lose weight. I topped the scale at 243 and I knew it was time for a change! I got a Planet Fitness membership and I now log every morsel that I eat. So far i have lost 12 lbs. That may be little to some, but I feel like I have moved mountains. I wish everyone luck in their weight loss journeys. If you need motivation, I am a great supporter. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • shirin8
    shirin8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Shirin and am from Chappaqua, NY (in Northern Westchester), originally Long Island. Right now, I am doing a Chalean Extreme/Insanity hybrid to lose the last 12 lbs of baby weight (currently at 139, looking to get to 127 lbs).
  • eileen673
    eileen673 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, Eileen from NYC
  • charminme
    charminme Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is Charmen and I live outside of Portland, Maine. I just started here on MFP about 10 days ago and so far, it has been great keeping me in check! I tend to be competitive with myself so having the trackers is motivating! I need to lose at least 80 pounds so will be here for awhile!

Have a great week!
    Charmen
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am Kristin, originally from Manchester, NH but currently living in North Berwick, ME and working in Portsmouth. Hello! :flowerforyou: