Whole 30 for August

Options
1235»

Replies

• tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ok guys here is my menu plan for the next week, tell me if you think there is anything that needs changing before I shop tomorrow!
    Wednesday Aug 8
    Lunch: Turkey avocado roll ups, olives, cherry tom
    Dinner: Grilled salmon, mixed roasted veggies
    Snacks: Banana, Avocado

Thursday:
    Lunch: Tuna cucumber sandwiches
    Dinner: Bacon spinach stuffed chicken breast, corn salad, sweet potatoes
    Snacks: Apple and almond butter, olives and artichokes

Friday:
    Lunch: Salmon salad, veggies
    Dinner: Pot roast with veggies, salad
    Snacks: Celery and almond butter/ pistachio’s, Beef jerky

Saturday: 11th Fishing/ camp
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and bacon
    Lunch: Foil pack burgers
    Dinner: Foil pack taco chicken, veggies
    Snacks: Jerky, lara bars, fruit strips

Sunday:
    Breakfast: Bacon scramble,
    Lunch: BLT salad
    Dinner: Burgers, hot dogs, roasted veggies( I do mine with lettuce no buns)
    Snacks: Lara bar, boiled eggs

Monday:
    Lunch: Stew with roast leftovers
    Dinner: Mexican meatballs, Salad,
    Snacks: Cherries, cherry tom, vegs

Tuesday:
    Lunch: Chicken salad lettuce wraps
    Dinner: Steak fajita, no tortilla
    Snacks: Leftover snacks

Looks amazing!
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok guys here is my menu plan for the next week, tell me if you think there is anything that needs changing before I shop tomorrow!
    Wednesday Aug 8
    Lunch: Turkey avocado roll ups, olives, cherry tom
    Dinner: Grilled salmon, mixed roasted veggies
    Snacks: Banana, Avocado

Thursday:
    Lunch: Tuna cucumber sandwiches
    Dinner: Bacon spinach stuffed chicken breast, corn salad, sweet potatoes
    Snacks: Apple and almond butter, olives and artichokes

Friday:
    Lunch: Salmon salad, veggies
    Dinner: Pot roast with veggies, salad
    Snacks: Celery and almond butter/ pistachio’s, Beef jerky

Saturday: 11th Fishing/ camp
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and bacon
    Lunch: Foil pack burgers
    Dinner: Foil pack taco chicken, veggies
    Snacks: Jerky, lara bars, fruit strips

Sunday:
    Breakfast: Bacon scramble,
    Lunch: BLT salad
    Dinner: Burgers, hot dogs, roasted veggies( I do mine with lettuce no buns)
    Snacks: Lara bar, boiled eggs

Monday:
    Lunch: Stew with roast leftovers
    Dinner: Mexican meatballs, Salad,
    Snacks: Cherries, cherry tom, vegs

Tuesday:
    Lunch: Chicken salad lettuce wraps
    Dinner: Steak fajita, no tortilla
    Snacks: Leftover snacks

Looks good but I have comments on Thursday meal -- what's in the corn salad? Corn is a grain not a vegetable. Also I assume that the sandwich is breadless??
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Dang girl...great plan! The corn though..yeah that is a no-no. The whole30 guidelines specifically mention no corn since its definitely a grain (which always makes me sad since I looove corn on the cob). Other than that, wonderful menu you've come up with!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    All sandwiches are breadless, the tune will be smushed between cucumber and burgers are in lettece that sort of thing, and the corn is on the menu for the family..Other than that my dressings will be vinegar and olive oil..
  • Karlaki
    Karlaki Posts: 74
    Options
    I started this with some folks at work yesterday and now see this thread. It's a sign! :) I'm in.
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    Anyone have trouble meet cals at first?
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm trying not to worry about my cals at all. I logged my breakfast this morning but I'm gonna try to not log at all for a few days so I can listen to my body better. It's such a habit though!

Ok, so I want to roast a chicken tonight. Can I do beer can chicken?? Obviously, I know I can't drink on the whole30 but didn't know how that worked for flavoring?? I'm guessing no but it would be awesome if I can:)
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    I want to make paleo Mayo, there recipe is here http://paleodietlifestyle.com/paleo-mayonnaise/ But what I really want to know is if it's really safe to use raw eggs?
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    I'm trying not to worry about my cals at all. I logged my breakfast this morning but I'm gonna try to not log at all for a few days so I can listen to my body better. It's such a habit though!

Ok, so I want to roast a chicken tonight. Can I do beer can chicken?? Obviously, I know I can't drink on the whole30 but didn't know how that worked for flavoring?? I'm guessing no but it would be awesome if I can:)

I don't want to worry about cals but If I am way under wouldn't that be bad? I have no idea about the beer..
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I don't want to worry about cals but If I am way under wouldn't that be bad? I have no idea about the beer..

That's where listening to your body comes in! If you truly are hungry, eat more! And don't forget to get your healthy fats in at each meal, that will help bump your cals up!
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Today we had our monthly ladies luncheon at work. This month is was a potluck thing: fried chicken, chicken salad, tomato+cuke+onion+dressing salad, brownies, cake, fruit salad with creamy yogurt dressing, plain fruit salad (strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges). Can you guess what I ate?

The plain fruit salad. I'm sure the mandarin oranges (looked+tasted from a can) were not W30 friendly but I only ate 3 tiny sections (actually I didn't think about their badness until a little while ago). Everyone thought I was nuts for not partaking more.

Lunch was several hours ago. I feel completely content and don't think I missed anything at all!!
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    Beckie thats awesome!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Lunch was several hours ago. I feel completely content and don't think I missed anything at all!!

I just love how I no longer feel like I am losing out by not eating bad foods! It gets easier all the time!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just bundled them in servings of 5-6 spears and tucked the bacon in the middle on one end...wrapped around..then tucked it in again, no toothpicks. Pull the bacon tight and wrap firmly =)
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    Day 3 and I have got past some hurdles epecially since my huge grain craving this morning!!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! The first couple days I had crazy grain cravings too... All I wanted was a chunk of crusty sourdough bread. It gets so much easier though after a couple days. Pretty soon you'll see grains and just turn them down no prob
  • rusty1257
    rusty1257 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up day 7 and either I'm getting used to lack of energy or I'm getting a bit back. I've been ok with eating. I've logged my food just to be able to see what I'm eating. I've limited my exercise this week.

The weekend will be a test as I plan to do a run of about 3 miles one day and bike about 20 on the other. I suspect that I won't have much pep. These distances are usually doable, but not easy for me.
  • MrsAbles
    MrsAbles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    "I want to make paleo Mayo, there recipe is here http://paleodietlifestyle.com/paleo-mayonnaise/ But what I really want to know is if it's really safe to use raw eggs?"

FairySoul, yes it's safe. Raw eggs have been used in mayo for millions of years. You just won't keep it in the fridge forever (like a jar of Hellman's). I believe the rule of thumb is to note the "sell by" date on the eggs and use your mayo up by then.