OFFICIAL JINGLE THOSE POUNDS OFF CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE 2012!!

Options

Replies

• golden7784
    Options
    Ok I'm new to MFP and this group but would like to join the challenge. I hope I'm doing this right...well here goes...

My name is Tonysha and I'm from Detroit, Michigan.

SW: 295
    GW: 265
    Goal #1 Aug 23: 293lbs
    Goal #2 Sept 23: 285lbs
    Goal #3 Oct 23: 277lbs
    Goal #4 Nov 23: 270lbs
    Goal #5 Dec 23 265lbs

Please feel free to add me as I need all the encouragement and support I can get!!!
  • 4sandrad
    4sandrad Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm new to MFP and this group but would like to join the challenge. I hope I'm doing this right...well here goes...

Goal #5 Dec 23 265lbs

Please feel free to add me as I need all the encouragement and support I can get!!!

Hey Tonysha and welcome Diva!!!!
  • cjoylamb06
    Options
    Hello Ladies:
    I am Candace and I am new to MFP. I would love to join this challenge. I am from Humble, Texas.

SW: 280
    GW:250

Aug: 274
    Sep: 268
    Oct: 262
    Nov: 256
    Dec: 250

For a total of 30 pounds lost by December 27, 2012. Please feel free to add me so that we can encourage and uplift each other!
  • BamaGirl813
    Options
    Im afarid I won't reach my goal by the 23. :( but any loss is better then none at all! :)

I don't think I am either (Teeaaarrssss) But, Its good i'm losing and not gaining! :)

We got this! :happy:
  • BamaGirl813
    Options

Goal #5 Dec 23 265lbs

Welcome To MFP and the group Tonysha! There is sooooo much motivation and support here! And we're glad to have you!
  • lady_blu
    Options
    Hello, I am not new to MFP but I just saw this challenge and I am super excited to join so here goes. Before I joined MFP I went form 378 to 278. I have gained some of the weight back so I am fighting to keep this journey going.

My name is Charmaine and I am from Augusta, GA.

I am 5'5" and
    SW (Aug. 15,) 287.2
    GW: 237.2

Goal 1(Aug): 277.2
    Goal 2 (Sept): 267.2
    Goal 3 (Oct): 257.2
    Goal 4 (Nov): 247.2
    Goal 5 (Dec): 237.2

Please feel free to add me and send all the encouragement my way. I am stuck and I hope this challenge will help to keep me motivatd and on track. Good luck ladies.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am not new to MFP but I just saw this challenge and I am super excited to join so here goes. Before I joined MFP I went form 378 to 278. I have gained some of the weight back so I am fighting to keep this journey going.

I am 5'5" and
    SW (Aug. 15,) 287.2

Please feel free to add me and send all the encouragement my way. I am stuck and I hope this challenge will help to keep me motivatd and on track. Good luck ladies.

Welcome Charmaine! What an amazing loss you've had thus far. Congrats!!! You will have great success with this challenge. :smile:
  • myasmom
    myasmom Posts: 26
    Options
    After weighing myself today and yesterday I'm 2-3 lbs away from my goal for the month and have a week to go until my weigh in! I am so happy to see some results! I've been reading everyone else's posts and it looks like everyone is doing great! (even if we do slip up once in a while!) Stay motivated and on track everyone!!!
  • myasmom
    myasmom Posts: 26
    Options
    Wow great job on your weight loss so far!!! That's amazing!

I am 5'5" and
    SW (Aug. 15,) 287.2

• lady_blu
    Options
    Thanks. I am looking forwards to gifting some fat cells to the trash for Christmas! Let's get it!!!!
  • nbrown1989
    nbrown1989 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Didn't even realize i was to check in 1x a week. Well my weight now is 323.2 so I have lost 10lbs since I began this journey. On the 23rd I will do my one month weigh in from July 23. NSV...My work clothes are looser and I have more energy!
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who has been losing! Isn't it exciting to see your body change? For me the change is increasingly mental. The past few days I've been working out twice a day, and I'm really challenging myself in the evenings to do more, go faster, and push harder. I even turned down a free lunch because I don't want to wreck my progress so far. That would not have happened two months ago.

This past month has been amazing for me. Not only am I getting this weight off, I'm enjoying the journey. Last night I got a little upset because I was in a lot of pain, but once I managed to peel myself off of that yoga mat and stumble into the shower, I realized that while I will not see the results of my hard work tomorrow, or even the next day, if I maintain this level of dedication and fortitude, I can and will SOON see results. I already sleep better, my mood is better, I feel lighter, and I am generally in better spirits.

For those who don't think that they will reach their goals, we are a looooong way form the finish line. Don't count yourself out! If you finish on Christmas day even 10 pounds less than you are now, that's still an awesome accomplishment - but there really is time to make your goals. I know that you can do it because I know that I am going to do it.

Let this challenge be the catalyst to accomplish your weight loss goals, not just for Christmas, but forever.

YOU can do this...We CAN do this!!
  • smoore1988
    smoore1988 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!! Hope everyone is doing well during this challenge. Keep up the great work!! 8 days until my weigh in, hope I hit my goal for the month.
  • alleykatwill
    alleykatwill Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey Chicas! I thought that I posted when I started this challenge but I guess I did not :-(

On August 8th, I starated at 180lbs.

----Goals----

Goal Weight: 155 lbs with a BMI of under 25

Aug 2012- 175 lbs

Sept 2012- 170 lbs

Oct 2012- 165 lbs

Nov 2012- 160 lbs

Dec 2012- 155 lbs

I am working out at home and jogging at least three times a week. I began the Tapout XT on the 8th as well. I had my first weigh in with that program today and I am already at the my August goal weight of 175lbs!!! I am so Happy and Excited! I
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Challenge Sw 235
    Aug goal 228
    Sep goal 220
    Oct goal 213
    Nov goal 206
    Dec goal 199

I'm 27 y/o and 5'6" tall.

I'm in!!

Well I gained a pound. I'm at 236. I weigh daily so I know I went down to 233 and then back up to 236. I've been here for a couple days. It might be because I wasnt eating enough or because TOM is here. I decided I'm going to try calorie zigzagging. Eat the same number of calories per week but vary the amount per day in either direction. I will not let this hold me. ............ Now that that's out the way I can move forward.
  • Geege18
    Geege18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm GG and I am new to the group. Here are my achievable goals.

SW 168
    GW 150

Aug goal - 166
    Sept goal - 162
    Oct goal - - 158
    Nov goal -- 153
    Dec goal ---150

I am 55 years old; 5'6' tall.
    We can do this!!!! :)
  • Dstdiva01
    Dstdiva01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hello ladies hope the challenge is going well for everyone the 23rd is almost here, best of luck to everyone!
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Bah Humbug!!
    Greetings ladies!
    It's 8/16/12, my weigh in day. I am still at 238 pounds :grumble:
    After only losing one pound at the last weigh in I decided to step up my routine a little. I've been adding an additional workout for the past several days. And this week = no weight loss.
    But again, trying to look at the bright side, at least it's not a weight gain. I guess it's still possible to reach 236 by next week. I'll be back on 8/23/12--my goal is still 236 by then.
    Take care ladies.
    Good luck on your journeys :flowerforyou:
    Greetings ladies!
    Hope everyone is still on track. Today was my weigh in day (8/9/12) and I came in at 238 pounds. :indifferent: Slower progress than previously but still on track to meet my first goal of 236 by 8/23/12. I think my problem may be eating too few calories. I'll try and see what adjustments I need to make. At least it's not a weight gain. My next weigh in is 8/16/12.
    Keep pushing! :flowerforyou:
    Greetings--it's 8/2/12 and I just wanted to check in. I am on track so far and currently at 239 lbs. Thursday is my weigh-in day so I should be back on 8/9/12. So far, so good! Good luck everyone. :smile:
    I'm in! I started my journey about a month ago with 110 pounds to lose. I am 5'4".
    For this challenge:
    SW 246
    8/23--236
    9/23--227
    10/23--218
    11/23--209

GW--200
  • TracyDiva28
    Options
    Hi gals, well today I weigh in at 256, so im just 1 lb away from my goal next week. I hope to make it, cuz we all know that ish happens. So we'll see :)
    Hey sistas, I'm Tracy, 28, and definitely in on this challenge! I'll post my weight every friday.
    My stats:

SW: 274 lbs
    CW: 263 lbs
    GW: 220 lbs

8/23: 255 lbs
    9/23: 246 lbs
    10/23: 238lbs
    11/23: 229 lbs
    ~~*12/25/12*~~ 220lbs
  • TracyDiva28
    Options
    I wonder what's making you stall? Do you think it's something in your diet? Maybe you need to go off your diet for a week, stop exercising for a week, and start back up the following week. Shake things up a bit?
    Bah Humbug!!
    Greetings ladies!
    It's 8/16/12, my weigh in day. I am still at 238 pounds :grumble:
    After only losing one pound at the last weigh in I decided to step up my routine a little. I've been adding an additional workout for the past several days. And this week = no weight loss.
    But again, trying to look at the bright side, at least it's not a weight gain. I guess it's still possible to reach 236 by next week. I'll be back on 8/23/12--my goal is still 236 by then.
    Take care ladies.
    Good luck on your journeys :flowerforyou:
    Greetings ladies!
    Hope everyone is still on track. Today was my weigh in day (8/9/12) and I came in at 238 pounds. :indifferent: Slower progress than previously but still on track to meet my first goal of 236 by 8/23/12. I think my problem may be eating too few calories. I'll try and see what adjustments I need to make. At least it's not a weight gain. My next weigh in is 8/16/12.
    Keep pushing! :flowerforyou:
    Greetings--it's 8/2/12 and I just wanted to check in. I am on track so far and currently at 239 lbs. Thursday is my weigh-in day so I should be back on 8/9/12. So far, so good! Good luck everyone. :smile:
    I'm in! I started my journey about a month ago with 110 pounds to lose. I am 5'4".
    For this challenge:
    SW 246
    8/23--236
    9/23--227
    10/23--218
    11/23--209

GW--200