Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone!

I am new to the group and the site. I am 32 years old, but my birthday is in November, and it took me several months to process and realize I was no longer 31:) Now, I am a responsible adult who pays bills, goes to work, does laundry, and can't go on shopping sprees. The highlight of July was when I organized my closet and unpacked the rest of my boxes from when we moved into our house a couple of years ago.

For fun, I hang out with the kids, do the Girl Scout thing, go to parks, get crafty, and workout, as well as find free fun stuff in the community to do.

Glad to be here and eager to hear how the other 30 somethings do it:flowerforyou:

Layla
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome all to the group...

Russell
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Hello! I'm 36 and thank God I found this group. Finding 30 somethings is like finding a needle in a haystack on here...jeez!

I am a mom, wife and I work full time as an accountant. I'm also going back to school in Sept to finish my degree.

I have more than 100lbs to lose before I'm at my ideal weight. My short term goal is just to get out of the 200's. I feel like I have the eating part licked now I need to commit to a exercise schedule. I used to work out hard core and now I just don't make it a priority. I like to cycle, I have both a mountain bike and a spin bike at home so I just have no excuses at all not to exercise!! I just joined a group for cycling too so I'm excited for the motivation there.

My food diary open, however, it is boring. I tend to eat the same things every day...until I get bored and I'll change it up a bit. I'm consistently losing 2lbs a week so it's working at the moment. :)

It's nice to meet all of you and I look forward to getting to know you.
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi im 34 with two kids boy an girl. Im seperated going thru a divorce. Ibe gained so much weight due to alot being ill an stress. Laid off a few months ago. An now taking this time to get my health an weight back.

Hey, Lady,

It sounds like you are going through a lot! Working out and getting extra support seems like a great place to start to help ease some of the stress and help with the transition.

Welcome to the group:):smile:
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and always looking to meet new wonderful people. Hope you all continue kicking *kitten* at reaching your goals cuz guess what? YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group for those of you coming on these past two weeks!!! There are several of us actives on here so feel free to add us for additional support. Please feel free to start any posts/threads. :wink:

We have started a new 3 Month Self Challenge if any of you are interested. Check out the thread.

Good luck on your journeys!!

Jo
  • SoftballPrincess23
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm 35, recently single and just looking to get back in shape and rebuild myself overall. I'd love to surround myself with some positive, like minded people. I love what I've read so far and hope to find some new friends. I'd like to start playing softball again and just feel good about me. I'm a baker, an artist (painting and computer graphic) and creative Frankenstein overall. Love Halloween and my kitten Polly. I use the batting cages as my personal beating ground and it's great for love handles. So yeah, that's the short of me.

Audrey
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm 32, almost 33 and loving what I am seeing on the site. Hoping to learn new things to get this weight off and keep it off for good.

Kristi
  • sowbugangel
    sowbugangel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 33 with a husband of 13 years and a 5 year old princess. I am new to the groups on here and hoping to make new friends to support on our journey to becoming fit AND I am determined to get this weight off & keep it off!
  • Zoot_suits
    Zoot_suits Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am 30yo mother of 3 handsome little men, 10, 8, and 7. Step-mom to 2 gorgeous little girls, 12, and 11. and one challenging fur-baby. Been married since 11/11/11 and been with my love for 4 years today :) Full time working mom.

Always been big, but still the smallest in my family, but I have set a goal to get FIT. Any and all friends would be great, encouragement goes a long way, and I will do the same :)

I am determined to break the stereotype of women in my family, and I want to be around for a long time, for my kids and the Hubs.

It's always great to find that one person you want to annoy for the rest of your years :D
  • cincysji
    Options
    Hi my name is Sarah and I am 31. I am the mother of 2 great kids, Ruby is 6 and R.J. is 5. I work full time in a job where I am sitting most of the time. My short term goal for now is to loose 30lbs by my 32rd birthday(It's also my 2nd Wedding anniversary) which is April 11th.
  • verzinoviolet
    Options
    Hi! I am thirty four and just joined MFP yesterday. I am a stay at home mom of three young boy's. I am enjoying my 30's as a wife, mother and Artist. At 35 I am the happiest I have ever been. Yay 30's! After the birth of my twins and third child the baby weight hung around and the stress of life made it difficult to manage a healthy weight. Three years ago I felt awful and took the first step into wellness and began working out without changing any food habits. I have had success at the gym and am healthy and strong. However, I have always carried extra weight around my midsection and this is the place that it is still hanging around. I am an emotional eater who has had difficulty with binging when I cut calories so messing with my food habit's is scary territory for me. I am feeling ready to make healthier food choices and I am looking for support and friendship in this endeavor.
  • edozier
    edozier Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Gang,

I'm 35, have been using MFP on/off for maybe a year and am realizing that I really need support and accountability to achieve my weight loss goals. I'm 5'10" and want to lose 15-20 lbs. It feels incredibly weird to me to be asking strangers to be my friends, but my husband is slender, eats what he wants, rarely exercises and still looks like he's in good shape, so I don't feel like he really knows where I'm coming from in this dept. I need someone that understands how hard it is to pass up that cookie, what an accomplishment it was to jump on the treadmill or how awful it feels when you blow it and totally binge! If any of you have similar goals and/or need support/accountability, too, please add me as your friend (or request to be mine....I don't really know how this works).

Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

By the way, I am the proud mama of 3 fabulous shelter pups, live in Houston and am a critical care nurse..
  • StarLady82
    StarLady82 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I turned 30 on 25th July so am looking forward to chatting with all of you :flowerforyou:
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome all to the group..
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Erin and I'm 31. I've been on MFP for a few months now and have been pretty successful but am always looking for people to be on my journey with :happy: I'm getting married in December of this year to a wonderful man and am dedicating to continuing our life together as a happier healthier me :blushing:
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group for those of you coming on this past week! There are several of us actives on here so feel free to add us for additional support. Also, feel free to start any posts/threads.

We have started a new 3 Month Self Challenge a few weeks ago if any of you are interested. Check out the thread.

Good luck on your journeys!!

Jo
  • morninglory5782
    morninglory5782 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello 30 Somethings. I'm new to MFP, have had some success with Weight Watchers but got burned out with it after a while and decided to try something different. I'm newly married (6 weeks!) and my husband has lost over 100 pounds! He's doing great with WW and lots of exercise - but it's not as easy for me. I have lost 40, but I seem to have reached a plateau. I'd like to lose at least 40 more. Looking forward to chatting with new friends! Feel free to add me!
    Meg
  • CaptainClipboard
    CaptainClipboard Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I am Tamaryn, a 31 year old wife & mother from Johannesburg, South Africa.

Keen to work in a team environment to stay on the straight & narrow, as it were. Always easier for me if I am rivalled, & have to be accountable. Otherwise it all goes pear... literally & figuratively.
  • DietCuki
    DietCuki Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hola 30-something people!

31 yr old chica here. Joined 2 weeks ago and loving it. My BFF actually introduced me to this place, people are great :)
    I actually was starting to turn to healthier living, set my goal to lose weight and continue with a healthy lifestyle after I'm done with that milestone. I've been the chunky girl in my family ever since I could remember, it tired, decided to do something about it, and I am! Goal is to lose about 130 to 140 lbs. I used to go to the gym for a good while but never ate healthy, it was more of a stress reliever. I stopped as to many reasons that sound like excuses now, important thing is I am here and ready to rock and roll!
    I love to motivate so please feel free to add me :)
This discussion has been closed.