Whole30 September Challenge

Anyone with me on this??! I'm a Crossfitter who has the working out part down, but needs some support on the nutrition side.

Replies

• mistybkarma
    mistybkarma Posts: 30 Member
    I am starting a whole30 tomorrow, so count me in. I wanted to wait for September, but a trip to Taco Bell changed my mind.

I need the working out help :)
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    I'm starting one on the 4th. I'll be out of town for that weekend, but I'm anxious to get another one started!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    I really need help, I want to start over so I am in!
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    I'm in! I'm starting tomorrow though. I want to get a jump on my husband, so I at least have a few meals under my belt before he gets back. I have all of next week planned, and I'm committed to not logging calories or checking my weight for all of September. I'm super excited!
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    I'll be joining in too!!
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Whole30? What's that?
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    i will be in. lets do it!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    September seems like a great month to do this! August showed no weight loss for me evn though I am feeling better I need this push! I am following it to the T!!!! NO measuring or weighing,meither myself or food! No alcohol either! Ouch.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    Whole30? What's that?

If you google 'whole30' you will get a web site with all the info on eating healthy for thirty days. It is kind of a pledge you make to just stick to it for one month to see the positive results.
  • Lets do it!
  • sara_alexandra
    sara_alexandra Posts: 65 Member
    Yay so excited. If you want to start now and give updates/rants/tips/motivations/food diaries please do:)
  • AmIhealthyyet
    Yay so excited. If you want to start now and give updates/rants/tips/motivations/food diaries please do:)

Starting in the morning! I am going to weigh myself! Too OCD to stop everything!
  • skwidlund
    Here's a link to the basics of the Whole30: http://whole9life.com/2012/01/whole-30-v2012/#

For more detail, check out the book It Starts With Food (seriously, it's awesome!).
  • rla099
    rla099 Posts: 66 Member
    I'm in. I need help on the eating part...
  • sataylor24
    sataylor24 Posts: 49 Member
    I'm in. Is Almond milk acceptable?
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 317 Member
    I'm definitely in - But I will be starting 1 week into September (on the 9th) when I get back from vacation!

Oh and almond milk is acceptable, but only as long as it doesnt have carageenan added. I believe Almond Breeze has carageenan but Silk Pure Almond does not.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    I'm definitely in - But I will be starting 1 week into September (on the 9th) when I get back from vacation!

Oh and almond milk is acceptable, but only as long as it doesnt have carageenan added. I believe Almond Breeze has carageenan but Silk Pure Almond does not.

I'm in for this one, just need a "reset button" on my food choices again. Been off the wagon. I'll be starting on September 9th with you and going until October 9th!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member

I'm in for this one, just need a "reset button" on my food choices again. Been off the wagon. I'll be starting on September 9th with you and going until October 9th!

I will be starting on the 8th, when I get paid, so I can grab up all the yummies!!
  • Geege18
    Geege18 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm In!! :)
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    I'm in too! I have less problems with food than with the whole working out thing. Maybe September will change that:)
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    I might be in to try again if I can eat all this delicious cheese I just bought. I don't want to share it with my kids, just keep it all to myself.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    I am in! I am starting today though! Hopefully I can make it successfully while on vacation! But I will give it my all!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    I'm in too! I have less problems with food than with the whole working out thing. Maybe September will change that:)

Don't feel like you must be an exercise freak!! It almost all comes down to our food choices! You have a big head start on many (me) when it comes to eating well! Glad your giving it a go!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    I might be in to try again if I can eat all this delicious cheese I just bought. I don't want to share it with my kids, just keep it all to myself.

OMG you sound like me! I had all the yummy cheese labeled "MOM'S Don't eat". I say finish it but don't buy more??? Cheese and date night (having a few beers) will be tough!
  • corimac
    corimac Posts: 30 Member
    I started today! Spent the better part of the weekend meal planning, shopping, and prepping. I really missed my latte this morning, but felt great otherwise.
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Yesterday was my Day 1 and it went pretty smoothly! I'd been slowly transitioning for the past week, but I still felt like crap in the afternoon yesterday. I was starving and exhausted by 3pm, so I scarfed down an apple and took a nap as soon as I got home from work. Normally I'd be bummed that I didn't get a workout in, but I know that I can't expect too much of myself right now. I'm looking forward to that boundless energy I've been hearing about!

Oh, and I had a delicious ribeye steak with garlic butter asparagus and a sweet potato for dinner.....so that made the whole day worth it. :)
  • 40goneby40
    40goneby40 Posts: 36 Member
    I am in! Starting on the 4th. From a diet standpoint, I am pretty close already, just need to eliminate the wine (OUCH!) and the occasional dairy and teaspoons of splenda!.

Exercise...definitely need to increase, but my work has free Crossfit classes in the morning, so that should not be too hard!

Feel free to add me as a friend and criticize my diary to keep my accountable!!! (yes...I will continue to track. I am too type-A to stop that. But I will put the scale away for the month!) :smile:
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    i really want to, but i just can't. alcohol i could easily cut out, but not butter and cheese, as those are huge in my house, every meal pretty much has one or both. and i'm poor, my meats definitely aren't the best but its all i can do right now. i'm sure there are some sulfites or something else bad in them. bah! :(
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    I'm in - starting on the 4th. I've already got my first week of menu plans!
    For anyone looking for inspiration there is a fantastic website thefoodee.com that has recipes that are all Paleo and Primal. You can filter out Whole 30 complaint ones.
  • skwidlund
    For anyone looking for inspiration there is a fantastic website thefoodee.com that has recipes that are all Paleo and Primal. You can filter out Whole 30 complaint ones.

You can also check out chowstalker.com - they have a button on the homepage that takes you hundreds of whole30 comp,Kant recipes. I think fastpaleo.com might have a whole30 section too.