Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• StaceyG221
    Options
    Hello all! I am 39 and a mother to 3, I work a full time desk job, that allows me to be only slightly active...delivering things and taking care of supplies and such. I homeschool my 2 youngest ages 9 & 12...my oldest is 19 and graduated from public school in 2011. I joined MFP 30 days ago after years of leading a sedentary lifestyle. My diet used to consist of 8 -10 Mtn Dews a day, a bag of chips from the vending machine and a candy bar. I am trying to eat healthier and tone up to lose the excess 25 pounds that I have put on over the last few years. I have even started taking a Zumba class with a couple of friends from work. I am on my second marriage, going on 11 years now, but together almost 16. I am looking for friends to share this journey with for motivation and support, my hubby and 2 youngest are all tall and thin...so as much as I love hubby for loving me the way that I am, he is not much support. I log on everyday and am willing to offer support to others on this journey!
  • amys141
    amys141 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm 34 years old, I work full time (and by full time I mean 10+ hours a day, sometimes 6 days a week) and I also go to college part time at night, 2-3 nights a week. Somehow I manage to find time to work out about 4-5 times a week, and occasionally get some sleep as well. I have no kids, but i do have 5 dogs - 3 great danes, a neapolitan mastiff and a basset hound. I live with my boyfriend of 4 years, as well as his daughter, her husband and her 5 year old son. I'm new to MFP, looking for some support in losing that final 20 pounds (or so). I know I'll never look like I did in my late teens or early to mid 20's, but I really want to be healthy and looking good as a cross that halfway point in my 30's!!
  • nikkiellie01
    nikkiellie01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi

My name is nikki im 36 and a mum of 2 , what a great group all in our 30's , Hi everyone please feel free to add me as i have no friends on here lol, I gave up smoking in april 2011 and i have put on some weight which has been hard to shift . need to loose at least a stone . which might not seem alot to some peeps but to me its loads , bye for now
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm 36 and working on losing 40 or so pounds. New to this site as of last week, but I've found it has been of great help so far. I quit smoking almost a year ago (October 2011) and now want to get healthier in general. I live in Vancouver, Canada. Don't have any kids, but do have two super-sweet dogs and in a long term relationship ( 3 years and counting).

Decided I do not want to turn 40 being overweight.

Feel free to add me as a friend as I'd really love to get the most out of this site as possible.
  • Fairieluv77
    Options
    New here, just wanted to say Hello!
  • Tracy_03311981
    Options
    Hey there everyone!
    I'm Tracy, 31 years young, I am an executive administrative assistant at a scrap metal recycling company, and a part time graduate student, studying Forensic Psychology (undergrad in Crime Scene Investigation and Corrections)
    I decided it was time to buck up and lose some weight, I was at my peak at 165 lbs in March. I've lost 20 lbs., so far, probably could have been more but I've had a couple of setbacks.
    Everyone can add me, I log in everyday and have made some great friends here!

:bigsmile:
  • JosieGirl1976
    JosieGirl1976 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Becky. I'm 36 and single. I work as a Marketing Assistant at our local Zoo. Love my job. As you can tell I love animals and have two crazy cats.
    I have been heavy all my life but looking to change it once and for all! I would like to lose 60 lbs. before my brother gets married in May in Las Vegas.
    Always looking for new friends so please feel free to add me!
  • tinz75
    tinz75 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 30 something (honestly, most of the time I can't remember what the something is) and new to all this.
  • yummymummy2013
    yummymummy2013 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is Crystal I just joined today and started my 1st big workout :) It went good I pushed myself and I am proud. Looking for motivation and to motivate others who are looking to loose weight while having fun :) My user name is yummymummy2013 please feel free to add me I am from Canada .
  • yummymummy2013
    yummymummy2013 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey just wanted to say that is amazing that you have already lost 4lbs :) keep up the great work!!
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hello

Welcome to all the new members..

Russ

Russ

--
    fitnessthegeekway.1.gif
    Follow My Journey At FitnessTheGeekWay.com - http://bit.ly/QCAEGE
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Candy and Im 34..I live in Tennessee born and raised. Have traveled a little but always came back. Now that Im older I find the weight stays on more than it used to , and I actually have to exercise to make a change and eat right. lol. well, my 4 year relationship is going great, except my boyfriend of 45 has had 2 heartattacks and I find myself trying to do better for him, to inspire him as well. :O) Im fairly new here just a couple of weeks, and love it, feel free to add me :O)
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Stephanie. I'm a 34 year old from Kentucky. I have had issues with my weight for a long time and I have dieted in the past and lost it then gained it all back plus some. I joined MFP three days ago and am really enjoying it so far. I have really like keeping track of my food and exercise as well as the blog area. I started a blog just as a way to clear my head of my self image and weight issues. Feel free to check it out. Also feel free to add me as a friend. The more support we have the better.
  • babygyrl1999
    babygyrl1999 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, My name is Antonise and I am a 31 year old mother of three. 2 boys and 1 girl. I work full time and attend online classes throught the University of Phoenix. I am working on my bachelors in accounting. I look forward to going on this journey with you guys. :smile:
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    hi! my name is jamie, i am 32 yrs old. i want to lose 30 pounds and i need all the help i can get. i am new to this, but it is so great!
  • Momyontherun
    Momyontherun Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey MJ, my name is Tanya. I was reading your story and it reminded me of mine. I am in my late 30's with a yours mine and ours family. My husband, the best in the world, and I quit smoking last year. To replace smoking financially we bought a car, figured we wouldn't be able to afford to smoke any more, and joined a gym. It was tough at first, infact, I carried my last half a pack of cigarettes until my purse was stolen. Figured God decided I had them long enough. Anyway, I just wanted to offer some support in quitting smoking. I haven't used myfitnesspal in quite a while, but am getting serious TODAY!!! hopefully i will loose this 30 lbs.
    Good Luck to you, YOU CAN DO THIS< look at what you have already done!
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am 32 and back again....
    I need to lose 15 kg (33 lbs) to get back on my ideal weight. Last time I have been at that weight was about 8 years ago.
    But i woud be happy if i lost around 12-13 kg.
    Since i have pasted my 30's i have not been able to get more off then 5 kg (11 lbs) and then slowy get it back. This time...

But okay enough about my weight. I live with my boyfriend for over 5 years now, we have a lovely dog together who i treat like a cat because i am a catperson (even try to call him cat, but my boyfriend, nephew and the dog seem to object to that).
    I work for the government for official 32 hours in the week, but i always make more hours then that. I love my job but is kinda stressfull, so thats not helpfull.

i just started to exercise again (bobypump) and i hope a can keep up with that so that will get my over the 5kg loss.
    Thats enough about me. Nice to hear/read from you and hope to be supportive!

greetz, Polgara
  • Ericaalicia0608
    Ericaalicia0608 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm 31 and and live with my boyfriend of 6 six years in beautiful San Diego, Ca. Both of us are major Foodies and work in the restaurant industry. I recently lost 25 lbs with Jenny Craig...about 2 years ago. I have almost gained it back. I need to lose 15 lbs to be where I was..confident and able to fit into my skinny jeans! So here I go...Trying to make healthier food choices and stay motivated to exercise. I am having a hard time sticking to this. Its not easy without support, so here I am. :)
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone..Im Kesha and a mother of a 7 y/o girl. I just saw your group and said HEY! Im 30 something and will be for a while so why not? As big as I am I know losing weight is very important, however I just like to focus on controlling my eating habits and being active. I know with those things...the weight loss will come. I am approaching my weightloss slowly. Even tho I know I can lose 2 lbs/week safely..right now if I can just lose one a week I will be happy and I think I will maintain it much more easily. I have been sucessful with weight loss in the past and just was not commited enough to stick with it. This time I am commited. I am trying something different so I will need you all to hold me accountable. Expect the same from me. I look forward to intereacting with my 30 somethings!
  • ajsminer
    ajsminer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Im a student, mom, wife... busy busy busy! Finding time to run and eat right is a challenge but it feels better than the alternative. I live in the Midwest. It's September so I find myself being sucked into the chaos of school-- homework is killer when trying to juggle two kids and a hubby!! Little by little. I have hope :)
This discussion has been closed.