T, Sep 4

beatrixia: 3
    The Binge: 1 (9/4)
  • susiebear29
    Options
    September 4th;

The Binge - 3
    Me - 0

Very disappointed in myself :sad: hopefully today will be 1 for me!!!
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 3
    Binge 0

Ah, got through the holiday weekend with no bingeing! Here's to a good week!!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Late to jump in this month but as of yesterday:

September 3, 2012--goal to binge no more than 7 days

Me: 2
    Binge: 1 (9/3)
  • moppet85
    moppet85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined this group, and I'm ready for the challenge :smile: It's is a great idea and I really need it. I only saw it today so I'm already at a bit of a disadvantage but I'm committed to winning for the rest of the month.

Moppet85 (Marnie) - 1

The Binge - 3 :frown:

Also, I was thinking about seeing if anyone wanted to be my binge-beating buddy. We could exchange numbers and text each other for encouragement and distraction if we ever feel the urge to go on a mindless eating rampage. Perhaps someone else in Australia, so we're in similar time zones? Message me if you're interested :smile:
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Unknown_Sister: 3

Binge: 0
  • barbara6410
    Options
    Barbara here. Just found this group.
    Began binge day # 1, Sept 3,2012

No Binge yesterday!!

24 hours no binge!!

Ok one day at a time. going for day 2!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    September 2012

Diane: 3
    The Binge: 0

FAR better Labor Day weekend than I remember last year being. I think a big mistake I've made in the past is allowing myself not to log on a holiday weekend as a reward for something else. I actually thought about it too - I've logged food each day May - Aug and am proud of that accomplishment, but I want to keep it going. And now that I'm allowing myself to indulge and practicing not feeling guilty about it, it is making a difference in that I don't mind seeing unhealthy food on my diary. I'm certainly not proud of the unhealthy choices but am proud that I am being mindful and that I'm logging it all. I know that I really have 2 problems with food - 1 is bingeing and 2 is balance. I've been working very hard on not bingeing lately and for the month of Sept I will work harder on balance.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Terrible weekend. Binged Saturday and was not as bad Sunday, but I went over my cals by more than 500 cals so I'll call it a binge. Not a good start to the month :(

Me: 1
    Binge: 2

So mad because I was doing so well. I was 2lbs away from my goal weight and because of the binges, I gained 3lbs back. I hate that my binges always hinders my progress.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    September 4th;

The Binge - 3
    Me - 0

Very disappointed in myself :sad: hopefully today will be 1 for me!!!
    Susie,
    A 3 day weekend is very tough. Put it behind you now. You have the rest of the month to get back on track! have a good week!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    As of September 3, 2012: - Goal 25 or more days without binging
    Me - 1
    The Binge - 2 (2,3)

Not a great start to the month. I was in day 12 of being binge free. I really struggle in the 10-14 day range and haven't made it longer than that in ages. My additional goal this month is to have a Binge free stretch longer than 14 days.
  • danifo0811
    Options
    Terrible weekend. Binged Saturday and was not as bad Sunday, but I went over my cals by more than 500 cals so I'll call it a binge. Not a good start to the month :(

So mad because I was doing so well. I was 2lbs away from my goal weight and because of the binges, I gained 3lbs back. I hate that my binges always hinders my progress.

I have been losing the same 4 lbs since the end of June because of binging :(
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    September 2012

Diane: 3
    The Binge: 0

FAR better Labor Day weekend than I remember last year being. I think a big mistake I've made in the past is allowing myself not to log on a holiday weekend as a reward for something else. I actually thought about it too - I've logged food each day May - Aug and am proud of that accomplishment, but I want to keep it going. And now that I'm allowing myself to indulge and practicing not feeling guilty about it, it is making a difference in that I don't mind seeing unhealthy food on my diary. I'm certainly not proud of the unhealthy choices but am proud that I am being mindful and that I'm logging it all. I know that I really have 2 problems with food - 1 is bingeing and 2 is balance. I've been working very hard on not bingeing lately and for the month of Sept I will work harder on balance.
    Awesome Diane!!! Excellent insight and goals too! You are getting there!! Keep up the good work!!:flowerforyou: Very inspiring indeed and thanks for sharing!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Steph,
    It was one bad weekend and a 3 day weekend too. Remeber consistency not perfection is a key. None of us are going to be perfect. You are doing well and 3 pounds gained is not a complete picture of progress. The is scale is not our measurement of success. You are progressing well by being mindful. Instead of focusing on the scale and the 3 pounds gained, I recommend focusing on what you can do differently next time and why you had the binge and once you have that resolved or not. Move on to the future. We can not change the past but we can change the next day, our next step, etc. Today is a new day and a 2 day binge overall does not mean you are not progressing. Keep up the good work and have a good week!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

I have been losing the same 4 lbs since the end of June because of binging :(
    I can relate also, but if you were not mindful of your binges and they spirialed out of control you could have been gaining more that 4 pounds. If you have been losing the same 4 pounds that is maintenance and that is better than gaining 10 pounds. It shows you are doing something right because you are not letting your binges get out of control. Keep up the good work and soon you will get beyond the 14 day range. You may want to work more on the whys of the binges also. Getting to the nitty gritty on that issue will lesson the binges and could also lesson the extent of our binges. Meaning are you still have hog wild binges or mini binges. We as bingers can not let the scale be our only measurement of success. Keep that in mind peeps! Have a good week!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Peeps!!

I see many of you have checked in!! Some of us had a good weekend and others not so good. I am proud of you all for just checking in and sharing your successes and your disappointments also. Today is a new day so the 3 day weekend is over so now we have the rest of September to be mindful and make goals. I do recommend our goals be based on actions and not pounds to lose. Because if we base them more on actions we will get to our goal weight eventually. This is not a race. Who are we racing with? It is a matter of soul searching and overcoming our issues with food and why we are turning to food for comfort or for whatever it does for us. Most of us eat for comfort.

Have a awesome month and keep on sharing!:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

Steph,
    It was one bad weekend and a 3 day weekend too. Remeber consistency not perfection is a key. None of us are going to be perfect. You are doing well and 3 pounds gained is not a complete picture of progress. The is scale is not our measurement of success. You are progressing well by being mindful. Instead of focusing on the scale and the 3 pounds gained, I recommend focusing on what you can do differently next time and why you had the binge and once you have that resolved or not. Move on to the future. We can not change the past but we can change the next day, our next step, etc. Today is a new day and a 2 day binge overall does not mean you are not progressing. Keep up the good work and have a good week!
    You're right! I need to focus on the progress I have made already and not worry about the scale so much. Thank you so much! You have a great week as well :)
  • irvinedbs
    Options
    Hi guys

Just found the group! I'm just going to take it one day at a time as I know if I set myself too high a goal, should I fail then all hell breaks loose with the food so...

irvinedbs: 1
    binge: 0

Good luck you guys

:bigsmile: x
  • kelbelzz
    kelbelzz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I managed to go to the state fair and not eat anything, brought my own lunch and avoided a binge! Today on the other hand. Ew.

me ; 3
    binge/purge ; 1 (4)
  • danifo0811
    Options
    As of September 4, 2012: - Goal 25 or more days without binging
    Me - 2
    The Binge - 2 (2,3)

I do think how much my weight would go up due to binging if I didn't eat well and exercise the other 60% of the time. I can usually lose it before i binge again but not always.