September Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 4
    Binge 1

I am proud that I had a good day yesterday even though I had a disappointing weigh-in. I didn't have the "screw it" attitude for once in a long time :-)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!!

Welcome to newbies!!

What are your plans for the weekend with regards to the Binge Monster? I have planned to cook my meals and pre-plan my meals. I am looking forward to attending a wedding. It used to be a binge feast for me but now I have become quite the social butterfly and chose to walk around and socialize vs obsessing about getting as much as I can to eat.

Have a good day!! One day at a time.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of September 1, 2012: - Goal to remain mindful of not binging and when I do binge figure out why and what was going on when I binged. I also want to log it all

Mollie - 4
    The Binge - 1 ashamed0005.gif (9/1)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    September 2012

Diane: 5
    The Binge: 0
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Unknown_Sister: 4
    Binge: 1

Lost it tonight, came home from work at almost 5pm, STARVING, then while I was cooking dinner, had a low blood sugar, and it was all over.....

That's a vulnerable time for me, too--when I move past hungry to ravenous.
    I've started carrying little snacks with me (like nuts, protein bars, or dried fruit) so that I can try to prevent getting TOO hungry.

I actually had cut up veggies, and a cereal bar to start, but then I just could not stop myself.....
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Sept Goal = the entire month with no binges!!!!

MamaDee - 5
    Binge - big fat goose egg!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Lost it tonight, came home from work at almost 5pm, STARVING, then while I was cooking dinner, had a low blood sugar, and it was all over.....

I've started carrying little snacks with me (like nuts, protein bars, or dried fruit) so that I can try to prevent getting TOO hungry.

I actually had cut up veggies, and a cereal bar to start, but then I just could not stop myself.....
    For me sometimes those cereal and protien bars can trigger a binge on those very items. I think it is the sugar but I try to eat those on the run so I can not go back for another or should I say pack them on the run :) I use them as a before workout snack. And sometimes veggies just don't cut it. I still do not cut them up but I buy the single packets of some veggies. Anyways, today is a new day. :flowerforyou:
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how we win against the binge ... is it everyday we don't binge or is it just when you feel the urge and ignore it ?
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options

Yes, I've been there, too (just this week, as a matter of fact!). But, today's a new day. :)

(If there a way for you to have a carb+protein snack around 3 or 4 p.m. to hold you over until dinner is ready? I have to think of ways to plan for "emergencies" because when I get _too_ hungry, I almost always overeat, and sometimes I binge.)

Hope you have a good day...
  • anorangie
    Options
    I don't understand how we win against the binge ... is it everyday we don't binge or is it just when you feel the urge and ignore it ?

I give myself a victory point for every day that I do not binge. (Some days I have no urge to binge, and some days I do and do not give in to it. But at the end of the day, if I haven't binged, I get a point!)
  • anorangie
    Options
    As of September 1, 2012: - Goal to remain mindful of not binging and when I do binge figure out why and what was going on when I binged. I also want to log it all

Mollie - 4

Mollie, I really like these goals you have for the month. You can do it!

The last two times I've binged, I've been able to pinpoint specifically why I did. (Last time was triggered by _one_ comment from someone!) I'm hoping eventually I can be so insightful before a binge as well as after. :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Welcome Crystal,

It is a figurative game we are playing here. Not sure if you have ever been in therpary for eating disorders but one of the things most programs highly recommend is making your eating disorder a 3rd person.

So in this challenge there is THE BINGE (or whatever ED you are battling) vs. ME (Crystal). For the month of September we have 30 days so if you don't binge for 15 days and binge the other 15 you are tied. If you do not binge for 16 days and binge 14 days you win. Please note the purpose of the challenge is to make you more mindful of your binges and to help with the all or nothing mentality many of us have. When it comes to binging it is never black and white. We have to find a middle ground and not think we have to be perfect to manage binges. We do not have to be perfect.

Also note too you actually get to make your own rules. Sort of like what Beatrixia said, what may be a binge for one person may not be a binge for another. Or you may be at a different point in recovery so you may count overeating as your binge vs a period of uncontrollable eating, which is what a true binge is.

Hope this helps.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Mollie - 4

Mollie, I really like these goals you have for the month. You can do it!

The last two times I've binged, I've been able to pinpoint specifically why I did. (Last time was triggered by _one_ comment from someone!) I'm hoping eventually I can be so insightful before a binge as well as after. :smile:
    Thanks Beatrixia!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options

^ This is Awesome!
  • anorangie
    Options
    ^ thank you :)
    _____

R, Sep 6

beatrixia: 5
    The Binge: 1 (9/4)
  • susiebear29
    Options
    Today;

binge - 3
    me - 3!!! :happy: :happy:

Im slowly overtaking the binge!!! Im determined for that number to stay at 3!!! :smile: :smile:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of September 6, 2012--goal to binge no more than 7 days

Me: 4
    Binge: 2 (9/3; 9/4)
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    As of September 6, 2012: - Goal 25 or more days without binging
    Me - 4
    The Binge - 2 (2,3)
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    As of September 7, 2012: - Goal: No Binges for a WHOLE MONTH! woohoo

Me - 7
    The Binge - 0

-Let's rock this ;D
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Sept Goal = the entire month with no binges!!!!

MamaDee - 6
    Binge - 0