Yoga in the Morning

Options
asugar
asugar Posts: 181 Member
I have just joined the yoga "generic" group. Perhaps we can keep each other motivated. A little cup of yoga in the morning is good for the soul and the body. I feel it keeps us young. Anyone with me?

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, hon !

I'll join you ...... can commit to 15 minutes of yoga each morning ...... recorded some programs & have my mat ready ..... just hoping the hubby doesn't walk in on me :laugh:
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Perhaps close the door? I do it in the living room by the windows with the mat and sunlight, and hope the dogs dont come in. Its nice to know you will be doing it up in NY and I will be doing it down in eastern NC. :wink:
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Perhaps close the door? I do it in the living room by the windows with the mat and sunlight, and hope the dogs dont come in. Its nice to know you will be doing it up in NY and I will be doing it down in eastern NC. :wink:

It seems wherever I am, my retired hubby is trailing right behind :laugh:

Not a problem ...... I'll just set the alarm & get in some yoga while my world is still quiet ......

Peace !
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I found "Yoga With a View" on You Tube. I will join you for a yoga session each morning from Ohio. I've been wanting to get back to it on a regular basis, so this is a great motivator. Namaste. :)
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I found "Yoga With a View" on You Tube. I will join you for a yoga session each morning from Ohio. I've been wanting to get back to it on a regular basis, so this is a great motivator. Namaste. :)

Cool beans ...... glad you can join us ...... btw, I just LOVE your profile pix !
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Way to go guys!
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have such a hard time motivating in the morning. I know that even a 15-20 minute session would be great to get the day started but I seem to stay in bed until the last possible moment, then I'm rushing to get ready and out the door. I would love to figure out how to overcome that!
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Cool beans ...... glad you can join us ...... btw, I just LOVE your profile pix !

Thanks! We were at the Tetons a few summers back. Btw, I found Yoga With a View on Hulu, but it might be on You Tube, too.
  • yoga_mel
    yoga_mel Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    awesome! I will look for that yoga with a view....as someone just starting yoga at home without a teacher i like the videos
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Isn't the Yoga with a View the one with the traffic noise in the background? I found it to be a bit distracting... though I like the girl and her voice. :)
  • verptwerp
    Options
    I did 20 minutes of a 30 minute TV program ...... this one was "Yoga: Basic Flow" from the Total Body Workout series ....... followed along for 20 minutes, and then pooped out, so went into Child's Pose & let the instructor's words float around me ...... very restful ..... will also go to the gym later for cardio & weights.

JUST DO IT !
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the ultimate yogi program. It's definitely getting me back into my yoga mindset again! You can follow my blog at yogalyssa.tumblr.com
  • AngelDog1
    Options
    Count me in! I have a hard time in the mornings getting myself together, and I normally do my yoga sessions in the evening after work. But I just started today to just make myself get up and just do it. I started out at 10 minutes and I will try to slowly add in more time (meaning: get up earlier) and perhaps I will be able to even work up to a full hour in the a.m.!
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Count me in! I have a hard time in the mornings getting myself together, and I normally do my yoga sessions in the evening after work. But I just started today to just make myself get up and just do it. I started out at 10 minutes and I will try to slowly add in more time (meaning: get up earlier) and perhaps I will be able to even work up to a full hour in the a.m.!

I have a 90 minute yoga class tonight ....... but doing 10 minutes of gentle yoga this morning got me stretched out & ready to deal with the day !

Peace !
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    Isn't the Yoga with a View the one with the traffic noise in the background? I found it to be a bit distracting... though I like the girl and her voice. :)

The ones I have done are all in exotic locations. That cracks me up! Nothings says relaxation like traffic zooming by. Send me a link to that if you find it. Giggle.
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    awesome! I will look for that yoga with a view....as someone just starting yoga at home without a teacher i like the videos

There are all different styles of yoga. Some are very slow and restful, others are fast and challenging. You might not like one style, but find another is perfect for you. If you have any interest, check out Hulu or You Tube. You will find loads of free yoga classes. I've enjoyed quite a few and it helps break up the monotony of a video, or if I can't make a class. Hope you find something you really enjoy.
  • yoga_mel
    yoga_mel Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few different types of yoga but always in classes....I do enjoy mixing them up...I just dont usually practice at home, which I am hoping to do more of :)
  • verptwerp
    Options
    I'm doing between 10-20 minutes of yoga each morning ...... how are the rest of you managing ?

There's a yoga class at the gym at 6 ...... not sure if I'll get out of work early enough for that ...... but can always do cardio & weights instead :drinker:

HAGD !
  • patabcn
    patabcn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I get up at 6.30 am to do my yoga for 45-60 min. been doing it for a month now. I feel great and I'm loving it!
  • verptwerp
    Options
    I aimed for 20 minutes this morning & ended up doing 40 ..... hubby was out at a doctor appt ...... he's never seen me do yoga & I'd like to keep it that way :laugh: