1st Trimester

Options

Replies

• maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    During my first pregnancy I lost almost 12 lbs during the first trimester (due to extreme nausea). My baby was healthy and perfect. This pregnancy I have lost 3-4 lbs. I am 11 weeks today. My doctor isn't concerned unless I am still losing at 16 weeks or if the baby's growth takes a toll because of it. Try not to stress about it. A lot of people lose weight in the first trimester. You body metabolism speeds up since the baby uses your energy and until you figure out where your calorie intake must be it can be tough. Also, if you are eating healthy it is harder to eat 1800 calories of healthy food (instead of just junk).

Hmm, we might be due-date buddies or pretty darn close - we're due March 22, how about you? :flowerforyou:
  • lilacsunset5
    lilacsunset5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm new to this group. Got my BFP on Thursday!! I am currently 4 weeks and due May 13, 2013. This will be our first!

Before I got pregnant, I was trying to lose weight, although struggling a bit with workouts because I recently tore my ACL and have cartilage damage. :( I will have to stick with swimming and walking the next 9 months.

I feel like I've been trying to lose weight my whole life, so switching to maintenance is very different for me. MFP says I should be eating 2100 calories. I hope that's accurate.

My first appt. is the 13th, and I will be not quite 6 weeks. I'm actually surprised that they scheduled my appt. so early, but I'm not complaining...I'm sure I will have plenty of questions!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • maurierose
    Options
    Congrats and welcome, Lilac! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bought a Fetal Doppler yesterday! I love the sound of my baby's heartbeat! I'm thrilled! I've lost a few pregnancies within a year and am worried as heck! The Doppler is a godsend! 9 weeks 3 days today and weight is unchanged. :). I hope all of you previous loss mommies are doing alright. I know how scary it can be.
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Switching to maintenance felt like so much food to me in the beginning. Feels just right now. :). Enjoy those extra calories!
  • McVizzle
    Options
    Unfortunate news... I had a missed miscarriage at about 5-6 weeks. (I should be about 9.5 weeks now.) I have been in for many, many ultrasounds and TONS of bloodwork, and the baby is not growing. My hCg levels were at a standstill last week and this week they are very slowly declining. I go in for a D&C on Monday... My dr is afraid that waiting it out naturally will give me health problems and possibly affect fertility. (This is my 4th miscarriage, so she is taking every precaution.)

I wish you all a happy and healthy pregnancy! Hopefully, when me and my husband are ready again, I will be back here again.
  • katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The home pregnancy test was positive!!!! :) I was two weeks late and couldn't wait any longer to test it. I just went to the bathroom though and it looks like I'm spotting. Not too worried about it but I'd love some reassurance if anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!
  • maurierose
    Options
    Cake - awesome, I love mine too, that peace of mind is PRICELESS. Amazing to be able to hear whenever, wherever, and get that reassurance, isn't it? How are you feeling? How are you doing with chasing around after your little guy and still getting in enough rest?

McVizzle - I am soo sorry to hear that, and hope today went as well as it could. You're in my thoughts, and when you guys are ready, it'll be great to see you here again. I'm glad your dr. is taking every precaution - that's about the only thing that helps in that situation. Sending hugs. :cry:

Kaitilynne - congratulations! I've spotted a bit with a couple of my pregnancies, this one included.... can't hurt to call your doc and get checked, even this early. Hope things get better, keep us posted!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hiiiiiii. I am 11 weeks pregnant, I am so excited about this. I haven't had an ultrasound yet, I will in the next 2 weeks :) this is my second pregnancy and it's so different. I am nauseous and getting sick, ironically I start work tomorrow so crossing fingers everything goes well. Oh, so far I've lost 3 lbs.
  • AshtinNelson
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!

My husband and I have been trying for 6 months and found out two days ago that we are pregnant!!!! It is soo exciting! I am only at 4 weeks and the due date is May 19th 2013.

Ive been on MFP for over a month, starting weight 189 and have lost 8lbs so far. I am going to stick with my 1350 calories for the first trimester and try to lose a few more lbs and then increase my calories for my 2nd and 3rd trimester.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend, we can do this journey together!

I had some blood work done yesterday to test my levels and will have another blood test done at the end of this week. I have my first ultrasound scheduled at 6 weeks.

I am just praying for a healthy pregnancy, for myself and everyone else.

Have a great day!
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hooray! After what felt like eternities I'm glad to be in the 1st trimester once again! I am also due May 19th and I'm so excited (my first baby was a May 2011 baby! They'll be 2 years apart!!).

Right now I'm focusing on water-water-water! Moving (doing 1-2 miles a day)! And taking my prenatal each night!

I am not even going to call my OBGYN until we've missed at least 2 cycles. With it being my second pregnancy I feel much more relaxed about everything this time around :)

Last time I suffered from PSD (Pubic Symphsis Dysfunction), mild HE (Hyperemisis), and incredible heartburn. I'm hoping with everything I've got that I'm not plagued by those this time around.
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    13 weeks today!! wow time is sure passing by now! when does 2nd tri start? I've heard different things, some say at 13, some say at 13 and 4days and some say 14wk. I am confused yet again. lol

Well I am up about 6lbs :(( not fun

Don't feel bad. I am up about 6 lbs. and I am only 9 weeks. I am CONSTANTLY hungry and feel like I have to eat every hour or so. Anyone else have this issue? If so, what are you eating? I am trying not to gain a ton of weight (I lost 60 lbs. after baby #1), but I feel like a hog lately. :-(

Did have ultrasound done last Thursday and everything looks good except I have a huge cyst that they are concerned with. I have another ultrasound scheduled for the 4th to check on it.
  • maurierose
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome to those of you who just found out you're pregnant:

Miami_Mimi, how's work going? Keep those crackers close! :sick: Bet you're looking forward to that ultrasound!

Ashtin, woohoo! So excited for you guys! Check with your ob/gyn and make sure that's enough calories for you and baby, sounds a little low but doc always knows best! And an ultrasound coming up too, such a great moment! :smile:

Mormonmomma - congratulations! That spacing is awesome, my first two were 19 months apart and I looooved that. Here's hoping you get to skip those issues and have a wonderful pregnancy this time around :drinker:

Phoebe - glad everything looked good on your ultrasound! Hope they figure out the cyst, and that it doesn't cause any issues for you. Glad they have another ultrasound scheduled fairly soon for your peace of mind! I've been hungry constantly (and nauseous at the same time, NOT a good combo) but have found that if I try to get protein in with the carbs I'm craving, it helps a lot. Peanut butter on toast/bagel/english muffin, cream cheese on a rolled up tortilla, cheese on crackers, hummus and pita, etc... hope it helps!
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    duplicated post. sorry :(
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    duplicated post again... oops! :(
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    Mormonmomma - congratulations! That spacing is awesome, my first two were 19 months apart and I looooved that. Here's hoping you get to skip those issues and have a wonderful pregnancy this time around :drinker:

Did you have separate rooms for them? We are in a 2 bedroom apartment and my DH is freaked about the space. I plan on LO sleeping in our room for the first few months anyways - but am nervous about the transition to a shared kids room.
  • maurierose
    Options
    Did you have separate rooms for them? We are in a 2 bedroom apartment and my DH is freaked about the space. I plan on LO sleeping in our room for the first few months anyways - but am nervous about the transition to a shared kids room.

Nope, they shared a room for quite a while and did just fine with that (boy and a girl too). When we moved, they were ready and excited about their own space. I just had 2 closets, 2 beds, 2 dressers, 2 desks.... they kept their toyboxes in their closets (works fine when hanging clothes are "short" and fit on the closet bars, they're little! :smile: ) and they've always shared a bathroom, even as teenagers when they had their own room. It works out! When they're old enough for it to matter, they can change in alternate places (one in the bedroom, one in the bathroom). You can also think about bunk beds with curtains, or curtains around their bed for private space, etc. Get creative! :)
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I wrote in the 'due April 2013' thread but figured I'd copy/paste here since it's not like I can only talk to people due the same month as I am! :-D I'm due around April 28.

I just joined the group; got my positive test a week ago at 6 weeks (based on lmp) so now I'm 7 weeks along. This is pregnancy #3, baby #4. I have a 2.5 year old daughter and b/g twins who will be 1 year old tomorrow. So they'll be 20 months when this little one arrives, which is how old my first was when the twins were born.

My first appt is this Monday; I'm hoping for an ultrasound to verify there's only ONE (please, oh please!) in there. I'm pretty sure it's only 1 because my symptoms aren't as bad as they were with the twins; they're about on par with my first pregnancy. Just some tiredness so far (I try for a nap when my 3 are napping) and nausea, same as my other pregnancies (but they were stronger with the twins).

I gained about 50 lbs with my oldest (!), lost it all just in time to get pregnant with the twins, gained 50 again (the appropriate amount that time!), lost it all and more and currently weigh the lowest I have in my adulthood (I'm 29). I haven't gained any weight so far; I'm eating at maintenance, which is 2150. I'll increase by 300/day later in the pregnancy. Anyway, that's me! We haven't announced to anyone yet, so while I'm happy to add you as a friend, I'd appreciate no baby mentioning on my wall since I have RL friends in my list. :-) *edited to add: my profile pic is from yesterday; a pic of me at 36 weeks with the twins compared to now
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome to those of you who just found out you're pregnant:

Miami_Mimi, how's work going? Keep those crackers close! :sick: Bet you're looking forward to that ultrasound!

Ashtin, woohoo! So excited for you guys! Check with your ob/gyn and make sure that's enough calories for you and baby, sounds a little low but doc always knows best! And an ultrasound coming up too, such a great moment! :smile:

Phoebe - glad everything looked good on your ultrasound! Hope they figure out the cyst, and that it doesn't cause any issues for you. Glad they have another ultrasound scheduled fairly soon for your peace of mind! I've been hungry constantly (and nauseous at the same time, NOT a good combo) but have found that if I try to get protein in with the carbs I'm craving, it helps a lot. Peanut butter on toast/bagel/english muffin, cream cheese on a rolled up tortilla, cheese on crackers, hummus and pita, etc... hope it helps!

Thanks! :-)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello
    Nervously popping in. got my bfp today (cb digital said 2-3) so i reckon im about 4+ weeks. so still quite early. Very happy, nervous, scared, excited! its 5 months to the day of my silent miscarriage. so keeping everything crossed this time around.