Wonder products!

Options

Replies

• LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Too lazy to see if this was mentioned, but Julian's Smart Carb #1 bread (1 net carb, 1g fat, 12g protein, 12g fiber) — amazing and it tastes good!

http://www.julianbakery.com/bread-product/smart-carb-1/

Also, cold brewed green tea with stevia, and Simply Lite Low-Carb dark chocolate with almonds (from Trader Joe's).

It tastes amazingly good because it is an amazing lie.
    Look at the ingredients:
    Ingredients: Fresh Ground Whole Grain *Wheat, Sprouts of *Kamut, *Spelt, *Rye, Lentils, Sesame Seeds, *Millet, *Quinoa, *Amaranth, Ground Flaxseed, *Wheat Bran, Oat Bran, Eggs, Undenatured Whey Protein Isolate (90%), Chicory Root (Inulin Fiber), Wheat Gluten, Yeast & Sea Salt.
    It is not possible to be 1 net carb with those ingredients. No way, No how !!

Don't trust me? Ok, here is another opinion.
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb-bread-another-fairy-tale-bites-the-dust

There are lots of shady products out there that are not low carb friendly. I've been sabotaged enough times.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    pepperidge farms has a low carb bread - 7 carbs per slice 'i think'

i can't wait to try it for maintenance
  • katunder
    katunder Posts: 41
    Options
    Not sure if this was mentioned - sugar free chocolates and candies from Russell Stover are very good if you can tolerate sugar alcohols.

http://www.russellstover.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=24&path=1,2,4,24
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    just a couple things i can think of off the top of my widdle head:

newman's alfredo sauce: 3 carbs

goya pico de gallo (a mild chunky salsa) is 1 carb. i buy it by the case from walmart.

mmmmmmmmmmm
  • Kiki829
    Kiki829 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried CarbQuik baking flour? That stuff is sooo good that it makes me worry it's not as low in carbs as it says!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Yes I use it some, but sparingly, really sparingly, like probably 1/4 cup in the last 2 months.
    # 1 on the ingredient list is enzyme enriched wheat. Don't know for sure how the enzymes might or might not change wheat but I'm really skeptical.

Anyone with a blood glucose meter want to do a challenge like Jimmy Moore did with Dreamfields pasta?

I'll use a little to help make a pie crust but my days of making biscuits and pancakes from it are gone. The biscuits tasted the same as those made from Bisquick. If it taste like flour, then it probably is flour.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Xylitol, cream cheese, sugar-free syrups and bacon, can't live without them!
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Walden farms
    Shiratake noodle
    Ezsweetz
    Carbquick
    Low carb tortillas
    Quest bars
    Atkins bars
    Sf gum
    Crystal light
    Diet sodas
    Yes to cookies
    Flaxseed crackers
    Dried edemame
  • foranagirl
    foranagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bumping for excellent suggestions!!
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Where did you find pumpkin spice cream cheese!? What brand? I LOVE pumpkin everything, and that sounds amazing.
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    A lot of the low carb products don't seem to be available here in the UK so my lifesavers are diet coke and Atkins bars (which I can't find in supermarkets for some reason and have to go all the way to bloody Boots for). I really want some DaVinci syrup though, it sounds like it'd be divine in my morning coffee!

Starfires- Here you go :

http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/

This website is great and sells a lot of the low carb products that are available in the US, including every Da Vinci syrup flavour under the sun!!

The also do the Joseph's Pitta breads, Lavash flatbreads & tortillas and the 'Flat out' Flatbreads.

As well as sweets, chocolates, peanut butter, jam, honey, sauces, and low carb spice mixes.

wow i love u for posting this site, im from the uk too and this is sooo helpful!! thankyou!!
  • krys65
    krys65 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    parmesian and romano cheese crisps... takes the place of crackers and chips for me...
    flaxseed and parmesian crackers are really good too, and costs a miniscule to make compared to buying premade crackers
  • sungvars
    sungvars Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My favorite low carb items:
    La tortilla factory wraps
    sugar free jello
    asher's sugar free chocolate covered peanut butter squares
    sugar free dark chocolate almond bark
    boar's head pepperoni and low sodium ham
    occasionally 3-4 cheez its
    my daughter's to die for deviled eggs
    shiratki noodles
  • samko1976
    samko1976 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ok found some more for uk

http://www.carbgenie.com/low-carb-food-library
    database of uk low carb from supermarkets.

also mikado bisuits also have about 2g carbs each
    Waitrose Korma has only 1.1g of carb per 100g whole ready meal around 4.4g
    Lidl sausages 2g per sausage -bag of 20 for about £1.50
    Lindt 85% 2 large squares are 4g carb

(not to hijack this thread but have started a thread in this forum to find tips/recipes/gadgets specific to UK users (or find tips that can be international)-we do lack the products and would be nice for suggestions for us to be in one place)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/734003-uk-low-carber-need-quick-tips-and-recipes
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I love Atkins Bake mix and sub my recipes that call for flour with it. I have tried carb quick sub for flour but Atkins Baking mix is the best. I bread fish in it mixed with Parmesan cheese, make breaded cauliflower, Zucchini, I love the stuff.

Jay Robb Whey Protein Powder has no splenda or aspartame only Stevia and it is fantastic tasting in my opinion. Sweet Chili Cream Cheese, and Chocolate Cream Cheese so good! I also enjoy sugar free Jello puddings. I use Almond Milk for my sub for Dairy milk.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I love Atkins Bake mix and sub my recipes that call for flour with it. I have tried carb quick sub for flour but Atkins Baking mix is the best. I bread fish in it mixed with Parmesan cheese, make breaded cauliflower, Zucchini, I love the stuff.

Oh, that's good to know! I've got some Atkins mix and have used it once but figured I'd also try the Carb Quick at some point. Now I probably don't have to :D
  • aallegri
    Options
    I've been using almond flour and coconut flour to substitute for flour in cookies, pancakes, etc. Calorie content is high, so portion control is important, but it's doable. I'm dairy free and sugar free, but coconut milk and almond milk both work -- agave or stevia are fine as sweeteners.

A bunch of really great recipes here:
    http://pinterest.com/heiditrejo/coconut-almond-flour-recipes-or-gluten-free/
  • grace_eliza
    grace_eliza Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    UK..... Stumbled across some awesome cinema treats in Holland and Barrett today. Stevia dark chocolate bars, 35gram each are perfect just for a choclate fix and Sula sugar free caramel cream sweets, 2 or 3 are harmless!

And whats great is everythings on buy one get on half price at the moment and free delivery!

Happy as larry! :)
  • Kacieso
    Kacieso Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Almond mile with MRM Low Carb protein powder! Its my savior in the mornings, or to kill a sweets craving at night. Not awful on calories either. :)
  • Symphony6
    Symphony6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody :)

Don't know how many other countries have them, but Russell Stover SF candies are to die for. I just found the strawberry cream ones and even my daughter, who is not on low-carb, loved them. I'm in Canada and they sell them at most grocery stores, London Drugs, and Shoppers.

Other than that, I haven't tried many low-carb "bread" products and such. I tend to keep my carbs very restricted and my eating very clean. I do love zucchini bread made from atkins bake mix. It is the perfect thing for a bread craving.