Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I graduated c25k last Thursday and ran my first 5k last Saturday! I am already signed up for another 5k on Sept 15 and a third on October 13th...that one is a zombie run with obstacles!! I am going to train to do a 10k in the spring and hopefully a half marathon next fall...very excited!!!
  • gdilliha
    Options
    Finished W9D3 day before yesterday! Completed 5K in 28:52. Looking forward to my first ever 5K race September 15th on same course.
  • miannie
    miannie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I graduated tonight! I'm doing the program by time rather than distance, so I ran 30 full minutes on the treadmill tonight. My first 5k race is in 11 days, so I'm going to work on increasing distance until then.
    If I can do this, ANYONE CAN DO THIS! Keep going everyone!!
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I ran 5.15K in 34 minutes! Friday Sept 7. :)
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Ran my first chipped race this morning - still obsessively checking the race site for them to post the official chip times. My gun time was 49 minutes, so I think my chip time was about 48. Not all that fast (yet), but definitely ready to do the next one. (And better than I expected since I didn't ever really train on streets with hills). Now I have a pb to beat! Also: word of advice from a new graduate: Do Not go out and immediately eat a 1000 calorie breakfast afterwards! :sick:
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Finished today!!!!! I run a 5k on 9/29
  • centralvicgirl
    centralvicgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I deviated from the C25K program once it got to the 20 min straight run, and began adding 2 minutes every run thereafter until I managed 30 minutes. It took me another 2 weeks to manage 5km, which was two days ago in 39:53. It was painful afterwards! Today I tried again, was only 9 seconds faster, but managed to do it over fairly hilly terrain and felt much better.

My first 5K fun run is in 3 weeks, and as it actually appears to be closer to 5.75km, I will keep working towards increasing my distance until then!
  • profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wonderful to hear everyone's success stories. At 48, I finished C25k in July but was still running a slow 14:30 minute mile. I ran my first 5 k last Saturday, September 8 in 38:23, 12:28 m/m. Next one is September 22. Would love to match or beat my time, but it's lots of hills, so we'll see :) Congrats to all! :smile:
  • miannie
    miannie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Graduation part 2 for me (feels real now): ran my first 5K race today in 34:44! I'm so pleasantly surprised!
    I highly recommend running with friends, you'll do better than you ever thought you would :)
  • waddlingtowiddle
    waddlingtowiddle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    W9D3 Done! Now to work on improving speed. When I began the program I definitely had my doubts that I would ever be able to run 30 mins. straight. But I can and I do.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I started on July 20th and deviated my workouts around Week 6, as I felt I could run more and ran my first 5K distance today in a time of 38:13. My first 5K race is next Sunday (30th), the course next week is a little hilly but I'm hoping to complete it in less than 40 minutes. C25K has made me into a runner, going from being out of puff running for 90 seconds to running a 5k distance.

To C25K I say thank you!
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've kept this thread saved for weeks now, waiting for the day I would finally post my graduation.

Today is that day!

I only repeated one day and I don't even remember which one it was (back in week 3 or 4, I think), I just kept on moving through. It took me a while longer than I predicted because of the sporadic weather patterns and then classes starting up again, but today I finished my last day in week 9 and actually lost track of time and ran for 33 minutes :)

My first 5k is on 13 October, which I'm very excited about, and in the meantime I'm beginning Bridge to 10K!

Thanks so much C25k! I never would've thought in my life I would be able to say "I am a runner", or even farther from that, "I am a distance runner."
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am so pleased to announce that I graduated today! Yay! When I started back in July I struggled to run 1.5 mins and couldn't believe I would ever make it to W9! W5D3 was the milestone that made me believe I could actually do it. I am now going to continue running and try and improve my speed and distance. This programme is just amazing:love:
  • mommybambi
    mommybambi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    MY husband and I graduated on Sunday, 9/23. We run our official first 5k on Oct 6th. I'm a little nervous because I have no idea how long it will take. What if I can't make it? I'm planning on doing a few longer runs this week and the beginning of next week.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Today I ran for a solid 39:45 and it was W9D3. I am so, so proud of myself - I can't believe I made it through. 4 weeks ago W5D3 was so intimidating - today, I practically doubled it. I was never a runner before - I didn't think I was built for it. But today? I know - no matter how slow - that I am a runner.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your graduation!! :)
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Thank you - and thank you for all your encouragement even when I felt like beating myself up :)
  • tajour
    tajour Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow. I actually stuck with it and finally made it through the WHOLE PROGRAM. Ran my third run of Week 9 this morning and it felt AWESOME!

I could barely finish the runs in Week 1. I couldn't see how I'd ever be able to run for 30 minutes straight, but I decided to just trust in the program. AND IT WORKS, even for fat girls. I started on Day 1 weighing 226, and I'm 207 now. I got good shoes and I listened to my body, slowing down when I hurt and resting when I was supposed to.

My mile is about 12:10 at this point, so I haven't actually ran 5K in those 30 minutes, but I trust that as I keep running, that time will go down. First 5K race is October 13, with about three more planned after that before the snow flies. This program ROCKS!
  • duckfloats
    Options
    my daughter and I completed C25k Sept 29, 2012. We did the program by the book

We're running 3 miles each time now. I did 4 miles once last week. We're going to work towards 10k now using this plan.

http://running.about.com/od/racetraining/a/10Kadvbeginner.htm

Sound reasonable?
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    What is considered graduation? running a 5k in under 30 minutes?