Run, Walk and Crawl 09/16 to 09/22

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
"Even when you have gone as far as you can, and everything hurts, and you are staring at the specter of self-doubt, you can find a bit more strength deep inside you, if you look closely enough." Hal Higdon

Running! If there's any activity happier, more exhilarating, more nourishing to the imagination, I can't think what it might be. Joyce Carol Oates

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles:
http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/
for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

Now let's get moving folks :)

Find your limits and exceed them.

Replies

• nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 5.5k running "Orange Sport Royal Klang Town Run 2012" race celebrating Malaysia Day.
    My PB 37m 52secs :bigsmile: :bigsmile: 6.88 min per km average.
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I shared it in the main thread but I must share it here too. Thanks to Reese and Bregalad5 knowingly or unknowingly dragged me into the world of running. I did other stuff too. But 90% of the time is run, walk or crawl. That's how it will be (at least for a long while)

Oct11_Sept12.jpg

So Reese and Bregalad5 both of you had inspired more than you can ever know! :drinker:
  • reese66
    Options
    I shared it in the main thread but I must share it here too. Thanks to Reese and Bregalad5 knowingly or unknowingly dragged me into the world of running. I did other stuff too. But 90% of the time is run, walk or crawl. That's how it will be (at least for a long while)

Oct11_Sept12.jpg

So Reese and Bregalad5 both of you had inspired more than you can ever know! :drinker:

Lady you just brought of tear of joy to my eyes. You look amazing Nona!!! You are an inspiration to all.
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday - 5.5k running "Orange Sport Royal Klang Town Run 2012" race celebrating Malaysia Day.
    My PB 37m 52secs :bigsmile: :bigsmile: 6.88 min per km average.

Picking 'em up and putting 'em down! Damn nice job Nona, you rocked it!!!
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow Nonafit what an amazing difference, you look like a different person. Well done x
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been awol from here in quite a while. Weight wise I am back to where I started a year ago, but I've given myself a good talking to and I am ready to start again.

Sunday - 1 mile jogging & 1 mile walking

Total so far - 2 miles
  • thinktank32k
    Options

Oct11_Sept12.jpg

you look amazing
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    9/16 My first 10k 6.2 miles ran the whole thing
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Oct11_Sept12.jpg

You look AWESOME !!
  • Suz_w8loss
    Options

Congratulations ^^ excellent job !
  • Suz_w8loss
    Options
    Another week & loving the cooler temps !! Hope everyone has a super running/walkin/crawling week :)

Sunday ~ 9 mile run

Total ~ 9 miles
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Sun: 6.35mi Run ~ Plaza 10K Time 1:03:57.3. Age pos: 83 of 174(F). Gender pos: 656 of 1450 (Sah weet!). Finish Pos: 1248 of 2289. Changed my RK to tell me my pace at every .25mi... seemed to help me manage to keep my pace fairly even... between that and the fairly flat course... I shaved nearly 5mins from my HHR 10K time! :D 10:11min/mi., 5.89mph avg. (My only "walk" breaks were the short time it took me to grab water and toss it back at the 2 aid stations) :happy:
  • wiglet23
    Options

Nona, you look amazing!! Congrats for all your hard work! :smile:
  • wiglet23
    Options
    Another week & loving the cooler temps !! Hope everyone has a super running/walkin/crawling week :)

Sunday ~ 9 mile run

Total ~ 9 miles

Fab run, Suz!! Way to start the week :smile:
  • wiglet23
    Options

Congrats, Tank!! :smile:
  • eudaimonia_sf
    eudaimonia_sf Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    congrats thinktank!

nonafit congratulations on your race and on all your progress. you look great! and that's an amazing dress!!
  • eudaimonia_sf
    eudaimonia_sf Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    wiglet congrats on your new PR!! I do not know all the acronyms -- RK? HHR? anyway -- great job!!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am in awe myself that I am running. It was never a workout that was on my radar. Now I have signed up for 2 half marathons.
  • wiglet23
    Options
    wiglet congrats on your new PR!! I do not know all the acronyms -- RK? HHR? anyway -- great job!!
    Thank you!!
    RK= Runkeeper
    HHR= Hospital Hill Run ( a local KC run, very big...)
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Finally getting over this cold. Hoping to get at least some walking in next week! I so miss my runs. :(
This discussion has been closed.