What Does a Good First Date Look Like?

Options
12346»

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

See it seems like you have a lot of rules.

:laugh: You think? He has it down to a science. :happy:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    See it seems like you have a lot of rules. That's fine if it works for you, but I'm the opposite. I have no rules really, I just try to be my funny, charming self and see how everything plays out. Sometimes we can't keep our hands off each other and end up making out. Sometimes I'm not sure how I feel about someone and I get a similar vibe from them, so we end up waiting until the second or third date to kiss.

I agree with just figuring out the vibe. Pretty sure I've said this to DM before, but I wonder if having so many rules just causes more frustration or disappointment in the end if things don't go 100% as planned (as often happens in life)??
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    We may have to agree to disagree on this, but I've always just let things develop naturally and I've never had a problem getting a second date. To me, first dates are about me deciding if I want another date with them as much as it is about them deciding if they want another date with me. So it's more about getting to know them and less about creating some sort of false sense of environment. You can't force chemistry. I want to know I can connect with them emotionally before I try to connect with them physically. And sometimes after a cup of coffee or a drink I just don't have that sort of comfort level yet.

See it seems like you have a lot of rules. That's fine if it works for you, but I'm the opposite. I have no rules really, I just try to be my funny, charming self and see how everything plays out. Sometimes we can't keep our hands off each other and end up making out. Sometimes I'm not sure how I feel about someone and I get a similar vibe from them, so we end up waiting until the second or third date to kiss.

I would not necessarily call the 7 Points at the beginning of this thread rules. I have certainly done a fair amount of reading on attraction, relationship principles that help to develop and maintain successful relationships, and some of my own experience. The spatial relations thing is something that I've learned over time, but I learned about setting up the first kiss from an e-book I read years ago.

You can't force chemistry, but you can nurture it. The seed has got to be there (that's what I talked about in Point 1 of Pre-Selection), but atmosphere, appearance and other factors can nurture the chemistry.

I feel more in control when I visualize the details of the date in the early stages beforehand and play it out in my mind. Women do like a man who takes charge. That's attractive. The nice guy doesn't take charge of the situation and doesn't go for what he wants. I go for what I want.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I feel more in control when I visualize the details of the date in the early stages beforehand and play it out in my mind. Women do like a man who takes charge. That's attractive. The nice guy doesn't take charge of the situation and go for what he wants. I go for what I want.

Yes, women definitely like a man who takes charge. That's the beauty of being a man. We are visual creatures who spot what we want, target in, and acquire (and discards the rest).

I think you meant to say that the nice guy *doesn't* go for what he wants. Well, that is why they usually end up friend-zoned. If I was a woman, I certainly wouldn't want a passive aggressive nice guy. I'd want someone who takes the bull by the horns and has a gameplan.
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    I feel more in control when I visualize the details of the date in the early stages beforehand and play it out in my mind. Women do like a man who takes charge. That's attractive. The nice guy doesn't take charge of the situation and go for what he wants. I go for what I want.

Yes, women definitely like a man who takes charge. That's the beauty of being a man. We are visual creatures who spot what we want, target in, and acquire (and discards the rest).

I think you meant to say that the nice guy *doesn't* go for what he wants. Well, that is why they usually end up friend-zoned. If I was a woman, I certainly wouldn't want a passive aggressive nice guy. I'd want someone who takes the bull by the horns and has a gameplan.

Yes, sometimes my brain moves faster than my fingers can type.

I think it is clear that I have a game plan.

I do believe in planning because with planning and forethought, it is easier to handle an unusual situation in the moment.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Laughter. Connecting on odd common ground platforms. Always finding little opportunities to touch. Slowly scooting closer into each others personal space. Eye contact and seeing who looks away first, after really seeing each other eye to eye. Feeling so drawn to that person that you simply must see them again and soon. Like, life just changed and probably more than I can currently realize.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options

I love your honesty, Mike :flowerforyou:

Do you beat GIRLS with a club and take them back to your cave too? :wink:

I feel disgarded.... HAHAHA!
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

Do you beat GIRLS with a club and take them back to your cave too? :wink:

I only do that if they raise their voice to me. :smokin:
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I only do that if they raise their voice to me. :smokin:

I don't even have a suitable smark remark because I'm laughing too hard... well, I was going to be slightly cruel and say I thought that was when you threw their clothes on the lawn, but that's just mean :wink:

Oh, the lucky girls that have a good first date with you!! :wink: Seriously, make sure you're taking DMs advice. It works on old(er) women as well as girls!!
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    I don't even have a suitable smark remark because I'm laughing too hard... well, I was going to be slightly cruel and say I thought that was when you threw their clothes on the lawn, but that's just mean :wink:

Oh, the lucky girls that have a good first date with you!! :wink: Seriously, make sure you're taking DMs advice. It works on old(er) women as well as girls!!

Appreciate the recognition! :bigsmile: