October Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
Well this challenge is a challenge with youself. The challenge is to for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage on another along the way. Please feel free to share you ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

As of October 1, 2012:

Me (Please use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

Replies

• greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi Mollie, thanks for the welcome! I'm in! September was not too good for me. I will check in every day, most likely in the afternoon because that's when I struggle the most. So far so good for me today, but that could be because yesterday was not good but who cares, I'll take it. :smile:

So, here goes!

As of October 1, 2012:

Me (greeky!) - 0
    The Binge - 0

Thanks for being there, I need this and I need you all!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    As of October 1, 2012:
    28 or more BF days and a 20+ day BF stretch
    Me (dani) - 1 (day 9 BF!)
    The Binge - 0

Job interview today. Looks good except for no longer being a SAHM and losing my gym time!
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I'm going to do my best to be accountable and to avoid binging as much as I can. Today the binge has won but tomorrow will be a new day! I have a lot on my plate lately and could really use the support.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Oops! I forgot to include the right format. Here it goes:

Me (CrisAlex) - 0
    The Binge - 1
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    As of October 1, 2012:
    Me (dani) - 1 (day 9 BF!)
    The Binge - 0

Job interview today. Looks good except for no longer being a SAHM and losing my gym time!

Awesome-9 days!! You rock!
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth-1
    Binge-0
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    M, Oct 1

beatrixia: 1
    The Binge: 0

:smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I'm going to do my best to be accountable and to avoid binging as much as I can. Today the binge has won but tomorrow will be a new day! I have a lot on my plate lately and could really use the support.
    Welcome CrisAlex!! We are here for you. Hope this thread is helpful to you.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this again....last month was SUPER stressful....my son started high school and it was a complete nightmare, but I now think he has got it under control a little better....

U_S - 1
    Binge - 0
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of October 1, 2012: - Goal to remain mindful of not binging and when I do binge figure out why and what was going on when I binged. I also want to log it all. (25 or more days binge free)

Mollie - 1 :flowerforyou:

The Binge - 0 :happy:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'll join this, I really need it. Feel free to add me for support if you need to. :happy:

Suzanne - 1

The Binge - 0
  • DeTaart
    DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    September was pretty horrible for me. Tried to up my cals and it just led to losing control. I need to learn how to relax and go over my cals by a couple of hundred, rather than losing control and going over by a few thousand.

In October I’m taking control, allowing myself to CONSCIOUSLY over-eat but stopping before binging.

DeTaart – 2
    The Binge – 0
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    October 2012

Diane: 1
    The Binge: 0

:flowerforyou: Thank you to everyone for being here too!
  • nerak50
    nerak50 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello--I am in. This might help the fight with the binge. Good luck to all-we can do it.

Karen 2
    The binge 0
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, had a good binge-free day yesterday and so far today but I am feeling the urge to binge, or at least eat more even though I'm not hungry. I know why and I'm doing my best to work through it. I do not want the binge monster to win today!!

Me-1
    The binge-0

Thanks guys!!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of October 1, 2012--goal: to binge no more than 7 days

Me: 1
    Binge: 0
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Gonna try for another clean month!

MamaDee2 - 1
    Binge - 0
  • VGomez22
    VGomez22 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm allowing myself ONE Binge day this month for my bday :)

Me: 2
    Binge: 0!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well, I see a bunch of new faces! Welcome!!:flowerforyou:
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    As of October 2, 2012:
    Me (dani) - 2 (day 10 BF!)
    The Binge - 0

I'm supposed to expect a job offer tomorrow ...