Options
    Gonna try for another clean month!

MamaDee2 - 1
    Binge - 0

Good luck!
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    September was pretty horrible for me. Tried to up my cals and it just led to losing control. I need to learn how to relax and go over my cals by a couple of hundred, rather than losing control and going over by a few thousand.

In October I’m taking control, allowing myself to CONSCIOUSLY over-eat but stopping before binging.

DeTaart – 2
    The Binge – 0

This is a big problem for me too, a few hundred over is really nothing but for some reason it starts with that and then I end up with a "screw it" mentality and go over thousands! I like this, "consciously" over eat.
  • eschorre
    Options
    As of October 2, 2012:
    28 or more BF days and a 20+ day BF stretch
    Me (dani) - 2 (day 10 BF!)
    The Binge - 0

I'm supposed to expect a job offer tomorrow ...

Yay, I hope it goes your way! Let us know!
  • eschorre
    Options
    Elizabeth - 2
    Binge - 0

I was proud of myself today because we went to meet up with friends and I knew we were having pizza and I had one slice and throughly enjoyed it and then stopped. I am trying to let myself eat anything without restrictions but to really taste and enjoy then just stuffing my face and barely remembering what I ate.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    T, Oct 2

October Goal: I'd like to read Geneen Roth's "eating guidelines" (first posted by Mollie...thx!) early in the day each day to remind myself how to approach food and eating.

beatrixia: 2
    The Binge: 0

analysis: I didn't eat the healthiest foods today, and I went over by a couple of hundred calories. But I did log everything, and looking back over my log I can see how each eating experience was fairly controlled. I met some of my food goals, too. Not a perfect eating day, but not a binge-y one either.

:smile: :smile:

:heart: Daily Reminders--Geneen Roth's Eating Guidelines :heart:
    1. Eat when you are hungry. (Truly hungry, body hungry not mind hungry)
    2. Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
    3.Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspaper, books, intense or anxiety producing conversation and music.
    4. Eat only what your body wants. (Big difference from what your MIND wants!)
    5. Eat until you are satisfied. (This is different than full.)
    6. Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
    7. Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a great September, MamaDee. You'll have a great October, too! :flowerforyou:

Do you have any words of wisdom or coping skills to share with us? :heart:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    T, Oct 2

October Goal: I'd like to read Geneen Roth's "eating guidelines" (first posted by Mollie...thx!) early in the day each day to remind myself how to approach food and eating.

beatrixia: 2

analysis: I didn't eat the healthiest foods today, and I went over by a couple of hundred calories. But I did log everything, and looking back over my log I can see how each eating experience was fairly controlled. I met some of my food goals, too. Not a perfect eating day, but not a binge-y one either.

:smile: :smile:

:heart: Daily Reminders--Geneen Roth's Eating Guidelines :heart:
    1. Eat when you are hungry. (Truly hungry, body hungry not mind hungry)
    2. Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
    3.Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspaper, books, intense or anxiety producing conversation and music.
    4. Eat only what your body wants. (Big difference from what your MIND wants!)
    5. Eat until you are satisfied. (This is different than full.)
    6. Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
    7. Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure.
    Good goals Beatrix!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Elizabeth - 2
    Binge - 0

I was proud of myself today because we went to meet up with friends and I knew we were having pizza and I had one slice and throughly enjoyed it and then stopped. I am trying to let myself eat anything without restrictions but to really taste and enjoy then just stuffing my face and barely remembering what I ate.
    Good job Elizebeth!! That is also a Geneen Roth guideline. To eat food slowly and really enjoy the food.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    October 2012

Diane: 2

:flowerforyou: Great to see so many new people!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    As of Oct 3,

Me: 2
    Binge: 0

GOAL: Go more than two weeks without binging. I've noticed a pattern of binging every other weekend. Still trying to figure out why.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of October 1, 2012: - Goal to remain mindful of not binging and when I do binge figure out why and what was going on when I binged. I also want to log it all. (25 or more days binge free)

Mollie - 2 :flowerforyou:

The Binge - 0 :happy:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of October 2, 2012--goal: to binge no more than 7 days

Me: 2
    Binge: 0

I had a hard time eating yesterday (weird!). I skipped the gym and hit the grocery store after work. I was super hungry when I got there and I had forgotten my list which usually leads to disaster. I managed to get everything on my list (from memory!) and didn't add anything additional. By the time I got home, I was so hungry that I was shaky, headachy, and my stomach hurt. This usually triggers binges but nothing looked or sounded good. I tore through my cupboards, and ended up eating a piece of string cheese. I ate some chicken and vegetables later, but I'm not sure what was going on in my brain last night that made me say "NO".
  • kelbelzz
    kelbelzz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good September! I've been distant and avoiding MFP again. BUT, I need to come back and get my stuff together.

Me ; 3
    ED ; 0

:)
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    As of October 3, 2012:
    Me (dani) - 3 (day 11 BF!)
    The Binge - 0

new job starts October 15
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Ugh, so yesterday turned to crap and continued into today. The binge monster got me. I so don't feel like checking in today but I will because I committed to it and I am hoping that it will get me motivated to get back on track again.

Me - 1
    Binge monster - 2

I'm embarrassed to write that and I hate how I feel like there's something wrong with me because I can't control my eating. I'm starting to wonder if I have more bad days than good!

Thanks for posting Geneen's guidelines. I need to read them every day too. Obviously, lol.

I'm going to keep checking in and I'm not going to punish myself.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Ugh, so yesterday turned to crap and continued into today. The binge monster got me. I so don't feel like checking in today but I will because I committed to it and I am hoping that it will get me motivated to get back on track again.

Me - 1
    Binge monster - 2

I'm embarrassed to write that and I hate how I feel like there's something wrong with me because I can't control my eating. I'm starting to wonder if I have more bad days than good!

Thanks for posting Geneen's guidelines. I need to read them every day too. Obviously, lol.

I'm going to keep checking in and I'm not going to punish myself.
    There is nothing to be embarrassed about dear! It will all help in the end to keep you more mindful. Good job on checking in!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of October 3, 2012:
    Me (dani) - 3 (day 11 BF!)
    The Binge - 0

new job starts October 15
    Congrats on new job!!:flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of October 1, 2012: - Goal to remain mindful of not binging and when I do binge figure out why and what was going on when I binged. I also want to log it all. (25 or more days binge free)

Mollie - 3 :flowerforyou:

The Binge - 0 :happy:
  • chasingfreedom
    Options
    This is a really cool exercise. I'm in!

Me - 2
    The BInge - 1

Today was pretty good for me. Unlike last night, I actually ate big enough meals during the day to not binge at night. Hope I can keep this up tomorrow!
  • DeTaart
    DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Me 2
    The Binge 1

It got me already. I'm embarrassed. Yesterday I could fit some chocolate into my goals, so I had some. Then I thought, I can still fit in another bar since I’m going to the gym. But by that point it had me and I wanted more and more. I ate and ate and never made it to the gym – too full to exercise and feeling sick.
    Hopefully this thread will make me more accountable.