Me (dani) - 5 (day 13 BF!)
    The Binge - 0
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    October 6:

Me - 2 (10/1, 10/5)
    The Binge - 3 (10/2, 10/3, 10/4)

It feels so good to wake up on a Saturday morning feeling light. I'm so grateful to have had a binge-free Friday! I feel pretty confident that I won't binge today. I really would like to have more binge-free days than not!
  • PhoenixIsis
    Options
    Ive just saw this and would like to do this. Sort of worried what I'll see on this count but sounds like a good way to keep myself accountable and might give a bit of motivation to fight the binge urge. I'll start with yesterday :(

10/06 Start
    Me - 0
    Binge - 1
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    As of October 6, 2012:
    28 or more BF days and a 20+ day BF stretch
    Me (dani) - 6 (day 13 BF!)
    The Binge - 0
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    October 2012

Diane: 4
    The Binge: 1

Very proud of myself for continuing to log and not say to heck w/ it and make it a free for all- life's stress is a big factor for bingeing and lately for me it has been very high- This challenge is helping me in the fact that I have to be aware of the behavior. I know I'm gonna document it the next day one way or another and I focus a lot harder on not diving into a binge because as for all of us deep down inside we don't WANT to behave this way and we'd like to see The Binge conquered. Others might look at my diary and see all the sweets and consider it a binge if their diaries looked the same. But we are all very different, and have different views about what is and isn't a binge. And that's OK. However, I'm concerned about my behavior and at the end of the day I was able to be done with my sugar fit and go to bed. I even thought many times about leaving the house to go get something in particular that I really wanted, but I didn't - I knew it wasn't because of hunger and had I gone and gotten it, I would have given in to The Binge. So instead I said if I really want it the next day I can have it and I did want it this morning and I did have it, and it was controlled and I enjoyed it. Coming on here and documenting how the previous day was is really helping me focus on one day at a time. Today is a new day and yesterday's behavior is just that - yesterday's.

I really appreciate my MFP friends and all their encouragement. I know there is no way I'd be doing so well without you. You continue to give me hope. You continue to bring my spirits up. You continue to remind me of the good I oh so often forget. You continue to be a shoulder to cry on. Having this support system is a necessity for me now. I am so grateful I was introduced to MFP. Prior to, I never would have EVER thought about having an online support network. But now that I have reached out and found many other people who share my troubles, I'd never go back to trying to fight this alone.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Hello again,

I wanted to give some encouragement for those of you just beginning the challenge or feel as if you are struggling. Please keep at it, you will only get better at this. October will be the 6th month in a row that I've done this challenge and my statistics are below. As you can see, it got better for me. I was very embarrassed about May's numbers especially, but in June I was determined to see better, and I did. And better again in July. And pretty steady since then, but still continuing to focus on each and every individual day.

May 2012 --- Diane 17 --- The Binge 14

June 2012 --- Diane 20 --- The Binge 10

July 2012 --- Diane 25 --- The Binge 6

August --- Diane 26 --- The Binge 5

September --- Diane 23 --- The Binge 7

(Yes, I love statistics. I'm guessing many of you do too because of our love for black and white vs grey)
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Since October 1st-6th
    Me: 4
    Binge : 2
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    October 2012

Diane: 5
  • danifo0811
    Options
    As of October 7, 2012:
    28 or more BF days and a 20+ day BF stretch
    Me (dani) - 7 (day 14 BF!)
    The Binge - 0

Today was close. I made banana chocolate chip muffins and had 600 calories worth of baby muffins. After I got them away I was fine for the rest of the day. More of overindulging due to opertunity than a real binge. I decided if I ate ok for the rest of the day I was ok with the muffins and if I continued to eat poorly but not binging I would count it as a binge.
  • nerak50
    nerak50 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Karen=6
    the binge=0

I am very pleased with all of our success!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    As of October 8, 2012

Suzanne: 5
    Binge: 3.

I had one last night, and didn't want to waste the rest of the snacks I had bought for the binge the night before, so I ate the rest this morning..along with breakfast. Not pretty. I'm the type that does not like wasting food..so in the future to avoid this, do not buy binge snacks and do not get them at night if it came down to it. I hope the rest of the month gets easier. I feel sick, bloated, guilty, sad in a way..and been really struggling winning the battle since the urges are too powerful.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    October 2012

Diane: 5
    The Binge: 2

I was able to stop after minimal damage yesterday, but the behavior was still very present. Sometimes grocery shopping can be a dangerous thing for me. I seem to do better when I have minimal food in the house, even healthy food.
  • dopeydani10
    dopeydani10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Was excited to have a good Thursday and Friday! Especially Friday! Definitely overindulged at parties on Saturday, but didn't quite binge. Sunday was a whole different story. =( Am disappointed in my choice to take that first compulsive bite, that I contemplated whether or not to take, because it was all downhill from there for the rest of the day. It affected my mood and attitude as well, and just put me in a complete funk for the day. I did force myself to try to log all my food from the weekend, and it was hard to even look at, but I hope it will help to keep me on track next time. Thanks for being here to help me keep myself accountable.

October Stats (Thru 10/7)
    Me - 5
    Binge Monster - 2 (10/3, 10/7)
  • dopeydani10
    dopeydani10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello again,

I wanted to give some encouragement for those of you just beginning the challenge or feel as if you are struggling. Please keep at it, you will only get better at this. October will be the 6th month in a row that I've done this challenge and my statistics are below. As you can see, it got better for me. I was very embarrassed about May's numbers especially, but in June I was determined to see better, and I did. And better again in July. And pretty steady since then, but still continuing to focus on each and every individual day.

May 2012 --- Diane 17 --- The Binge 14

June 2012 --- Diane 20 --- The Binge 10

July 2012 --- Diane 25 --- The Binge 6

August --- Diane 26 --- The Binge 5

September --- Diane 23 --- The Binge 7

(Yes, I love statistics. I'm guessing many of you do too because of our love for black and white vs grey)

Thanks for posting this! It's awesome to see your improvement, and very motivating! Congrats on your own successes!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of October 7, 2012--goal: to binge no more than 7 days

Me: 5
    Binge: 2

Slacker weekend! I binged just a tiny bit on Sunday. I was a little bored and watching tv; just kept getting up and going to the kitchen. It wasn't too bad though.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Sigh :/ bad weekend. Wasn't even gonna get on here to put that I binged, but I realized I'm not helping myself if I give up doing these challenges. Binged both Sat and Sunday.

Binge: 2 (10/6 and 10/7)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Sigh :/ bad weekend. Wasn't even gonna get on here to put that I binged, but I realized I'm not helping myself if I give up doing these challenges. Binged both Sat and Sunday.

Binge: 2 (10/6 and 10/7)
    Good job on checking in and being accountable. The key in mindfulness and not perfection. Today will be a better day just because you are mindful of your actions. Have a good week!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    October 2012

Diane: 4

Very proud of myself for continuing to log and not say to heck w/ it and make it a free for all- life's stress is a big factor for bingeing and lately for me it has been very high- This challenge is helping me in the fact that I have to be aware of the behavior. I know I'm gonna document it the next day one way or another and I focus a lot harder on not diving into a binge because as for all of us deep down inside we don't WANT to behave this way and we'd like to see The Binge conquered. Others might look at my diary and see all the sweets and consider it a binge if their diaries looked the same. But we are all very different, and have different views about what is and isn't a binge. And that's OK. However, I'm concerned about my behavior and at the end of the day I was able to be done with my sugar fit and go to bed. I even thought many times about leaving the house to go get something in particular that I really wanted, but I didn't - I knew it wasn't because of hunger and had I gone and gotten it, I would have given in to The Binge. So instead I said if I really want it the next day I can have it and I did want it this morning and I did have it, and it was controlled and I enjoyed it. Coming on here and documenting how the previous day was is really helping me focus on one day at a time. Today is a new day and yesterday's behavior is just that - yesterday's.

I really appreciate my MFP friends and all their encouragement. I know there is no way I'd be doing so well without you. You continue to give me hope. You continue to bring my spirits up. You continue to remind me of the good I oh so often forget. You continue to be a shoulder to cry on. Having this support system is a necessity for me now. I am so grateful I was introduced to MFP. Prior to, I never would have EVER thought about having an online support network. But now that I have reached out and found many other people who share my troubles, I'd never go back to trying to fight this alone.
    Good job Diane and I totally agree with you on your 2nd paragraph about the awesome support found on MFP!! Well said!! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!!
    Thanks for stats too and good job again!! I was not even aware it had been that many months already. :wink:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    ]As of October 1, 2012:[/u] - Goal to remain mindful of not binging and when I do binge figure out why and what was going on when I binged. I also want to log it all. (25 or more days binge free)

Mollie - 6 :flowerforyou:

The Binge - 1 :happy: (6)

I had a good trip and one mini binge Saturday night. It is hard to binge on a trip with others :) Feeling good and ready for a new month.

I see some new faces. Welcome to the group! Have a good week everyone and have a wonderful week and keep sharing!
  • danifo0811
    Options
    As of October 8 2012:
    28 or more BF days and a 20+ day BF stretch (14 days BF)
    Me (dani) - 7
    The Binge - 1 (8)
    back on track tomorrow