intros!

Options

Replies

• connieannw
    connieannw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm Connie from New Haven
    Right over by East Shore Park - trying to get together a walking crew for Sunday evenings at East Shore Park 6:30 - we go around 3 times which is the equivalent of a 5k. Maybe someday we'll be running it and join up all these wonderful little road races.

Anyone else want to join us?
  • xnikkixsikkix
    Options
    Hi, My name is Nicole and I currently live in Milford.

I'm also looking for a new gym partner, I currently go to the edge in Shelton. :)
  • gerwienb
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Barbara from Shelton. It is so great to see so many CT people on here. I want to lose about 75 lbs, but am taking it 20 lbs at a time. I will be 40 in 5 weeks and have decided to start getting healthy.

Can't wait to get to know everyone.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm Kaitlyn, I live in Tolland.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Michelle, and I'm in Meriden.
  • glserr
    glserr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody, Gabriel from Waterbury, my goal is to lose another 30lbs, been in a slump lately, anyway, nice to meet all of you.
  • kateland47
    kateland47 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Kate and I live in Plainville. I'm trying to work my way into a healthy lifestyle! Its so great to see that there are so many MFPers in the CT!
  • KimG726
    KimG726 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Kim in Southington
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am Mike from Bethel. I am 49.

Joined MFP 522 days ago and so far have lost about 80 pounds.

I went from a 305 pound uncontrolled diabetic slug who needed my wifes help to get off the couch to someone who has now run 5K, 10K, Warrior Dashes, half-marathons (working on training for a full) and am doing the NJ Tough Mudder in October. I weight lift 4-5 times per week and take six classes of krav maga per week. Add in walks at lunch and so on and I think my weight loss and getting fitter is on track (more or less).

I also became a vegetarian after slowly removing mat from my diet over the last year or so. I went full veg 2 weeks before last thanksgiving.

A lot of this I probably would not have accomplished without the help of my diet and exercise partner Vegamy (who is also my veg mentor!)
  • crabbyab90
    crabbyab90 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Abby from Putnam. I'm just starting back over after some time off of dieting and gaining a lot of weight! It's so nice to see so many other CT people on here! I've got almost 100lbs to lose and still have 98 to go! =]
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I had no idea there was actually a CT support group until I strumbled across this :) I've been doing MFP for 110 straight days now. I'm mostly doing Les Mills Pump and now running on my off days and just finished my first WD. Still have a long way to go but I'm 43 pounds in and counting.
  • DawnzCreationz
    DawnzCreationz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    This is awesome that there is a mfp CT group!
    My name is Dawn.
    I am 35 and have been successfully losing weight using mfp since April of this year!
    I live in New Britain and we have a great park, Walnut Hill that is exactly a mile around if you walk it! Which I would love to do if not for having no one to walk with :(
    I wish everyone good luck and success on their weight loss journeys!
    Feel free to send a friend request! We can never have too big of a support system right?!?

Thanks!
    Dawn
  • Mareebzz
    Mareebzz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! Maria from Danbury. Joined MFP about 4 months ago. Nice to meet you all!
    Thank you to Mommyj2009 for inviting me to this group. I would have probably never found it on my own!
    I have about 40-50 more lbs to go - next summer will be AWESOME!! I would love to be able to wear a bathing suit and actually look good in it... :glasses:

Good luck to all of you!!
  • JPLYLER09
    JPLYLER09 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi! Maria from Danbury. Joined MFP about 4 months ago. Nice to meet you all!
    Thank you to Mommyj2009 for inviting me to this group. I would have probably never found it on my own!
    I have about 40-50 more lbs to go - next summer will be AWESOME!! I would love to be able to wear a bathing suit and actually look good in it... :glasses:

Good luck to all of you!!

No prob, good luck with your journey & hopefully you find some local people to help you along the way :laugh:
  • guyld
    guyld Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello to everyone. I am Guy from Danbury. I've been on this for some time but have redediciated myself to using it on a daily basis. I acknowledge that I need help in this struggle to lose weight. I do well and then relax. Need the help of others to actually continue. Hope to make some friends on the journey.
  • VikkiGettingFit
    Options
    Hey, everyone! This is Vikki from East Hartford. I'm still working on dropping the baby weight from my, ahem, 4 year old. Feel free to friend me if you'd like some mutual support!
  • kspada11
    Options
    Hi All!
    I'm Krista. I live in Simsbury. I lost a bit of weight for my wedding and have seemed to put it all back on within a year despite running a 1/2 marathon recently, I need fitness pals to keep me motivated!!
  • Iloveeyore78
    Iloveeyore78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Amy here from Middletown. I started MFP a little over 4 months ago and have lost over 30 lbs! I love the success and support on here! Please feel free to add me for support!!! :):flowerforyou:
  • Unodragone
    Options
    I have been juicing for a couple of weeks now :happy: typically I replace a meal with juicing ususally dinner but have not been hard core juicing only yet (I am Italian nuff said). But after watching that movie and seeing the mans progress it inspired me to be healthier especially since I gained weight after my foot surgery. I have the Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt juicer who is a bit hard to clean and I feel the fluff is still a little wet but works pretty damn good :smile:
  • RUBusinessman
    RUBusinessman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Kyle from West Hartford. Always looking to have new friends to help keep me on track.