Oct. 22 Mad Hatter Chatter

Options
Snooozie
Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
JUST FOR NOW

I will aim for progress, not perfection. I will remember that my progress will be in direct proportion to my honest efforts to become the best me I can be. I can chose who I will become.

I will remember that each of us is different and in order for me to LIVE I must LET LIVE. I do not have to like everyone and everything. By learning to like myself better, I will find I like others better.

I will use my talents and gifts. I will not deny these beautiful things in me. I will develop them and therefore me.

I will apologize and make amends if I have harmed myself or someone else. I will not apologize for doing my best, even if I don't always succeed. I will not allow myself to be crippled by fear, guilt or shame.

I will be more honest about what I can or cannot do. I will be willing to say "No" or "I don't know" and stick by it. I will not let the opinions of others, real or imagined, trap me into going against my better judgement.

I will take time to THINK. I do not have to react to pressure, real or imagined. I will test my actions by " How important is it to me?" If it is important to me, then I will act.

I will remember that I always have a choice. I can choose my attitude. My thoughts and feelings are not right or wrong. They are simply a part of me. It is what I choose that counts.

I will remember that the journey is its own reward, and therefore I will be patient, but not complacent.
(Unknown)

Good Morning Hatters!

I found this on the net during the night; there's no author associated to it, but I thought it was something that spoke to our own journeys towards weight loss and learning to eat well, and learning to love ourselves, so I thought I'd use it to start a new week.

I'm just home from my last midnight shift, heading out to an eyeball appt at 0730h, then home to sleep for a few hours, but I'll check in later this afternoon to see how everyone's weekend was, and to celebrate some losses, hear about some goals or some thoughts from our Hatters as to how your own journeys are going... have an awesome day everyone!

Replies

• hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Thanks Snoozie, once again you have started our weeks with lovely and provocative things to ponder.
    This morning when I woke up my rings were very tight. Meaning I am retaining water. I then started to rationalize why this week I should wait until Tuesday to weigh in. After this internal debate I reminded myself that the scale is not the reason for this journey. Health and fitness are my goals. So I decided to weigh in and move on to another week toward fitness. The scale was the same as last week,and that is no big deal, because I now know this is just the way my body is adjusting. I am really trying to get over those days when no matter what the scale said it would be enough to send me on an eating binge that would lead to me abandoning my fitness journey.
    Time for me to get ready for work,it is so nice having choices of what I can wear! And when I get dressed in the morning and find I can not wear a planned outfit because it is too big the feeling is completely different from not being able to wear something that has mysteriously shrunk while hanging in my closet!
    Have a healthy happy week fellow Hatters!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Thank you Snoozie for the wonderful thought. After the last few weeks of being sick and taking care of sicko's that is just what I needed.

Janet, so glad you realize you are not defined by a number. Choices for clothing are a wonderful inspiration to keep on doing what we know works. I finally broke down and bought some new jeans this weekend. Since January I have went from a size 26 to a size 18. It was a great feeling.

Good Morning all of my Hatter friends,

I hope all of you have a great day and a better week. This is Monday and the first time in over two weeks that I haven't felt like crap. I am not 100% but I feel 100% better
    . Not sure if many of you know but I lost my beloved Zeke (Great Dane) in April. For 9 years he was our constant companion and Rick, Cassie and I have been torn about getting another dog. Well, we have not only decided but we are getting 2 puppies in about 3-4 weeks. The dilemma we have now is what to name them. LOL, we will have a brother and sister so I am thinking cutesy rhyming names...Rick, Cassie and Derek want something regal and strange.
    The parents are rescues, mom is a pit mix and the dad is a mastiff mix. Cassie suggested I pose the topic to you all and see what ideas you have, so let the naming begin!

If I can figure out how to post a picture of them I will. They really are the cutest little wrinkly things at the moment.

Once again, I hope all of you have a great week!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend…It was good to be off.

Janet, Is the first thing you do when you open up your eyes to slide your rings? That’s what I do, to see if I want to get on the scales..If they are loose then I will weigh…if not I go straight and take a fluid pill… Isn’t that crazy? : )

Tonya, I can’t wait to see a photo …I’ve always wanted to see a mastiff as puppies…. I am so glad you’re both feeling better. I am so proud for you to have dropped so much ..We all know how hard that has been in the past, and how the Hatters and MFP have helped us…IPOU

Snoozie, Way to go on getting a set of midnights out of the way….Good luck with the eye visit.. I loved the message , too..

I hope you all have a great day!!

By the way, My rings were tight this morning, so I'll be getting in a lot of walking back and forth to the water closet...

Luh ya!!
    G
  • bestmother13
    Options
    Thanks for the Words of wisdom, Snoozie. Just got back from vacation. Managed to lose a couple of pounds, which was great. Hiking was too hard on my knees, so had to take mule ride out of the Grand Canyon. Your inspirational piece ths morning was just what I needed to read in order to not beat myself up over it.:smile:
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thank you snoozie for the uplifting words. I have thought of these words maybe not in that order but often some of them on this journey and in life general. Good words to live by.

I have been taking care of a dear friend this past week and will til thurs, while our husbands are on a fishing trip. She has Huntington's disease. It is so hard for me to see the changes in her, which there are from week to week. The words that snoozie wrote today was something we all need to remember. My friend knows what her condition will be for her. I just can't imagine. We as a group can work together to change our lives. She can't! She has taught me alot about life in the last few years. She is a wonderful person and am so glad to be her friend for the past 30+years. She has a awesome outlook on life.

Tonya, so glad to hear you are feeling much better.

Janet, I noticed my rings were tight this morning too, but went ahead and weighed in. Lost 1 lb. I know this week I haven't gotten all my water in and I can tell.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • 1slimlinda
    1slimlinda Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!

I don't take my rings off! What I don't know don't hurt me!
    Anita, you are an angel to be such a devoted friend. Yes, we do take things for granted and it puts things into perspective when we see some of the difficulties people suffer in their lives.
    Hope you all are well and happy. Thanks for the inspirations from all.
    Congrats Tonya on the 26 to 18, that is terrific!!! Linda
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    What a great message to start the week off Snoozie. Thanks for that! I really don't know where you guys find this stuff...or find the time to look for it!

My life continues to be crazy. Was sick all last week with the flu, but still worked because I am preparing 3 attorneys for trial. Ugghhh. Feel better, but still have this awful cough that keeps me up half the night.

All I have to do is get through this week....and two days next week. Then my daughter Carly and I are off on vacation to the Breeders Cup World Champion thoroughbred races at Santa Anita, CA. My trip of a lifetime.....

Have a great week my beautiful friends!

Love
    Kimberly:flowerforyou:
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it... but my NSV is that I had to take off my engagement ring - "too loose" - don't wanna lose it....:wink:
    And moving the rings around so I don't lose them....

Amazing what 9 glasses of water a day (glad the restroom is near by :laugh: ) and skim milk will do for you.... wore my size 14 pants - please don't hate me.....:glasses:

And so true snoozie - we can make the change if we want it bad enough... gotta go change so I can dance my "*kitten*" off ..... see you soon.....

Carol
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for those very inspirational words Snookie. Just what I needed to hear.
    Putting last week behind me and moving on.

Hope everyone has a great week and thanks again for all the encouraging words.
    -Mazie
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thanks Snoozie for the words of wisdom and all of the encouragement !

I have had a great day today. First the seemingly never ending plateau is over- yippe ki-yay!!!! Then had a dental cleaning and once again my gums are reported to be in great shape, and this is the kicker, while the dental hygienist always compliments my dental hygiene, nothing about that has changed-it is my post menopausal change of hormones that has actually benefited me in one way by giving me healthy gums- go figure!

Wishing everyone a wonderful week~Susan
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Susan, hooray that the plateau has been ended. Those plateaus are the hardest times to keep believing and stay healthy!

Tonya, your progress since January has been amazing and I know that you are just passing through those size 18's!

Carol, why would we hate you when you sashay by in those size 14's? Can I now have the size 16 purple pants? Please?

For years I could not wear any rings. Eight years ago I lost a lot of weight and I had the rings made smaller. When I regained weight when I broke both ankles and then had my thyroid removed, the rings no longer fit. I considered having them sized again to be made bigger, but that seemed like surrendering to remaining that size. So I just did not wear rings. When I lost about 30 pounds I started wearing my rings again. But, because of swelling, I had to take them off at night and when I did any kind of exercise. Now I am at a size where I can wear my wedding rings all of the time. And they are a great reminder of drinking enough water. So on those mornings when I did not drink enough water the day before, I can just feel the rings being tight on my fingers. When I go for long walks they remind me to move my arms because if I just leave my arms dangling at my side, my fingers will swell up. So far I have not needed water pills, I just drink about 20 ounces of water and I am in the bathroom and the swelling is gone.
    Even after being married for 36 years (next week!) my mother in law will still make comments to my husband about how she cannot believe that he gave me such a small diamond and she doesn’t understand why he doesn’t buy me a bigger one. I always tell her if I wanted a bigger diamond I would have gotten one. Instead I like being reminded that we were still in college with no money when we became engaged.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Good morning Hatters!

and it IS a good morning, cause nights are over! That shift messed with my mental and physical self - but I think perhaps I brought some of it on myself in retrospect; I hadn't worked it since I joined MFP and I knew that HABITUALLY (yes that word rears its ugly head yet again) it was hard for me to eat healthy stuff during the night .. and sure enough... but.. I'm wondering if maybe I talked myself INTO doing the usual food choices just because I was anxious about screwing up before I even started them, and because it was HABIT, so I just assumed it wouldn't be any different this time. Wish I had figured this out BEFORE hand LOL.. but.. I have one more set of nights this year to do, so a week before I will try changing my mindset this time; and see if my mouth follows suit! I will believe the lesson has been learned, and think positively that I can move forward with this particular issue from now on :bigsmile:

I'll be tackling some chores this morning then a physio this afternoon, but will be popping in to see how everyone else is doing today!! It's a cold, rainy day here - a day crying out for some laughter to raise the spirits... lets see if we can get some giggles into our day, ladies!!

A few quick replies afor I get cracking:

TA!! Huge congrats on that 3lb loss - so, so happy for you.. and you've already reached that 50lb goal you had set for Christmas!! You are an inspiration every day my friend - congrats and kudos on the hard work paying off!

Hairspray: I applaud your mindset, I really do! It's so hard to not let that little machine affect our thinking; I did an experiment while on nights and hopped on it about 6 times one day; there was a 4.7 pound difference at various times... which should reinforce for me that it is indeed, just a tool - yet its amazing how that little piece of plastic can alter our feelings about ourselves in a heartbeat if we let it. Congrats to you for focusing on the truly important part - becoming healthy, and realizing your body will always need an adjustment period as we continue the journey... thanks for sharing your thoughts, they help me too! :flowerforyou:

Tonya! Woo hoo on the jeans.. I GUESS you felt awesome - !! I am going to admit on the world wide web I am totally JEALOUS of you getting two pups!!! Waaaah... but under the envy is true happiness for you!! As to names... hmmm.. let's see what I can come up with.. for the boy, how about D'fer? (Dee fur) when people ask why D'fer you can say we called him "D fer dog" LOL.. I've never been able to pick a name for my dogs til they came home.. and got to know them a little... but will keep thinking!

T2: hope you enjoyed your weekend of down time my friend!!

Bestmother! Oh my gosh, how was the trip??? Friends of mine did it last year and had an amazing time; they took the mule ride in and out.. you must have had a blast!!! Trip of a lifetime or what?? Would love to hear some of the high lights??

Adiane - how wonderful you are able to be there for your friend, it is so hard to see someone you love suffer (and often times our friends are closer than some family members); sometimes we want to pull away because its so hard to watch what they go through and it takes a lot of strength to put our own fears and pain aside and be there for them. I'm sure she treasures the gift you are to her. Huge congrats on the 1lb gone!! Every time I think of "one pound" i picture a brick of butter (i have no idea why that's my visual lol) and think yippee i've lost that big chunk of fat from my body) Around 10lbs I visualize a bag of potatos gone... lol weird but true! So very happy for you!

LOL @ linda... see no evil, right?? gigle snort.. so good to hear from you!!

Abbe: is that a new pic? You look wonderful btw... !! Glad to hear you're feeling better but not about the cough! I was thinking about you hoing your daughter didn't get it because you were going to the Breeders Cup soon; hope she's managed to stay well and that you guys have an awesome time together!

cbm: time to invest in a ring guard I think! Don't want to lose your engagement ring :o)

Mazie: hope all is well in your world this week my friend...

Seehe: Yay on the plateau break and loss.. woo hoo!!! atta girl! we all understand the frustration of things not moving for a while, so doing the happy feet dance for you my friend!! and on the menopause gift of good gums... lol seems only fair we should get something good out of it so yay!:laugh:

K.. better get in gear.. remember that old song "don't worry, be happy"... ? Gonna be humming that under my breath today to remind myself life IS good.. and to be happy today!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    This was playing on the oldies station this morning.... Just sayin.....Carol

Well you're dirty and sweet
    Clad in black don't look back and I love you
    You're dirty and sweet, oh yeah
    Well you're slim and you're weak
    You've got the teeth of the hydra upon you
    You're dirty sweet and you're my girl

Get it on, bang a gong, get it on

Well you're built like a car
    You've got a hub cap diamond star halo
    You're built like a car, oh yeah
    Well you're an untamed youth
    That's the truth with your cloak full of eagles

Get it on, bang a gong, get it on - oh

Well you're windy and wild
    You've got the blues in your shoes and your stockings
    You're windy and wild, oh yeah
    Well you're built like a car
    You've got a hub cap diamond star halo

Get it on, bang a gong, get it on - ooh

Well you're dirty and sweet
    Clad in black, don't look back and I love you
    You're dirty and sweet, oh yeah
    Well you dance when you walk
    So let's dance, take a chance, understand me

Get it on, bang a gong, get it on - ow
    Get it on, bang a gong, get it on - ow - get it on - mh

Get it on, bang a gong, get it on - a-a-a-a
    Get it on, bang a gong, get it on - a-a-a-a ....
    Take me, for a meanwhile I'm still thinking ....
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    maybe add to the mad hatter song list?
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Just to keep it fun.....

My Baby Loves Me lyrics
    Songwriters: Peters, Gretchen;

Don't need no copy of vogue magazine
    Don't need to dress like no Beauty Queen
    High heels or sneakers, he don't give a damn
    My baby loves me just the way that I am

He never tells me I'm not good enough
    Just gives me unconditional love
    He loves me tender, he loves me mad
    He loves me silly and he loves me sad

He thinks I'm pretty, he thinks I'm smart
    He likes my nerve and he loves my heart
    He's always sayin' he's my biggest fan

When there's dark clouds in my eyes
    He just sits back and lets 'em roll on by
    Come in like a lion and go out like a lamb

He's always sayin' he's my biggest fan

Don't see no reason to change my plan
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Looks like all is well in Hatterville. I have been keeping up with postings, but fell off the wagon for a couple of days. Enjoyed a run outside today for the first time in a couple of weeks. Between the rain & shorter days it is hard to get it in & the treadmill, just not as enjoyable. I am on vacation this week, so enjoying fall in New England. Heading out on a hike with my son in a few minutes. We are exploring old town hill. Do you know how you can live in an area your whole life & not explore your own back yard. Well, that's what I am doing. The hill is supposed to have spectacular views of the coast line. I will try to post photos's later. Well have a blessed day all!!!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I lurked yesterday since the sight was being crazy.

Snoozie as always wonderful words of inspiration.

Looks like we as a whole are having a better week than last. So after all my venting about school, students, grades, and so much more I would like to also share that I gave a test today and had more than just a few pass. I even had a few make 100s. I am praying this means this is the beginning of a wonderful turn around and that they are figuring out they are going to have to put in their part if they are going to pass. I am saying lots of prayers nightly for both students and me. It is just one class but I have this class two hours a day, once for Social Studies and once for the only science class I teach. I am hoping this will mean a change in both !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I am tried ( have had a stomach bug for a couple of days) but I wanted to share after with the ladies that have given me so much support.

Have a wonderful Wednesday we are just days from the weekend.

THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've got this, this time around
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hello Hatters! I have also plateau'd (is that even a word?) Have been stuck for about a month. Today I decided to get back to my c25k training to change it up a bit. I have my second 5k run on Feb 2. The Dirty Girls mud run. I want to be able to run the whole thing. I ran most of the Color Run last month, but not all. I didn't finish the c25k training before the first run, but I should be able to by Feb without a problem. Well, unless the weather stymies my efforts. I hope to have lost several more pounds by then too. I am determined to make this lifestyle change permanent, but it sure is frustrating being stuck...And mentalpause doesn't help either - what with hot flashes and night sweats which equals no sleep! Maybe I should go to the dentist and see if my gums are improving lol! One good thing maybe???

Keep up the good work all you Hatters!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Good morning Hatters!

Had one of those nights of being up every couple of hours; hot flashes reared their ugly heads too LOL.. but I suspect most of it is just the usual switch over from nights. It was weigh in day for me; I'm up 1/2 a pound but not down about it in the least; know its from some poor choices over nites and will be gone by next weigh in (plus another few ounces hopefully!)

It's almost a relief to get back to normal eating.. which sounds weird but made me realize that I'm slowly changing those little grey cells to recognize this IS a permanent lifestyle change - I know there's still a long way to go with learning new habits and embracing good food rather than feeling deprived of crap (yep, there are still days where I feel that way.. but after 50+ years of that habit.. I know I'm going to need more than a few weeks to have it sink it permanently LOL!

But rather than worry about how far I still have to go, I choose to celebrate my progress today - IPOM!

Have a few appts this morning so need to get brekkie in and clean up - hope everyone has a good day and if you're in need of a little encouragement or support, don't be afraid to ask - we've got each others backs in this journey and we are never alone!

TA: YAY!! so happy to hear about the test results.. for both you and the students!! Will absolutely keep fingers crossed it's a turning point !

Tonya: woo hoo on the pesky drug induced pounds gone!! Can only imagine how much it SUCKED to gain a bit from medications supposed to be making you better. seems completely unfair!!

Patrice: I feel so bad for you; TOTALLY get the frustration; I wish there was a magic spell I could do to break that plateau; even knowing you're doing awesome and great things for your inside is not always much consolation when you just want to SEE the results of your hard work... but I am totally starting to believe in that WOOSH theory; our bodies won't co operate when we want to but when it's ready, you're gonna see amazing results! Hang in there my friend and know we're here for you if you need to scream or rant or rave a bit to lessen the frustration anytime!!

Better get my butt in gear so I don't skip breakfast!! Later, taters!:bigsmile:
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    <<< homage to the queen mother... let's see, whose heart is up for grabs? JK - it's not poisoned "as she sits here and smiles in her size 14 straight leg cords......."