3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Congrats Faughorn! That's awesome:)

I'm 39 weeks 1 day today and have had contractions allllll day as well as my "bloody show" this morning. Hoping this is the start of labor...but no idea since I was induced last time. HERE WE (hopefully) GO:)

Oooh so exciting!! Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Faughorn-that's great news! Hopefully labor starts soon!

Jillsie-Sounds like the start, hoepfully baby comes soon!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Popping in from the 2nd Tri group. I am 28weeks now so I thinks its safe to say I am in the 3rd tri. lol. I have the glucose screening tomorrow. Yuck, I am sure I will pass but I am not looking forward to it. :-/
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Yeah so exciting anytime now. I would much rather deliver vaginally than have a c section especially listening to the horror stories my SIL has told me about her 3 csections. I delivered my son vaginally and I found it to be really easy, painful but not as hard as some say. I hope labor comes soon for you all I never had contractions until I reached the hospital my water broke and that was all it took for me to get my butt in the car. Hopefully there will be new babies soon :)
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Posted this in October Due Dates and will post here now:

Baby is here!!

Jovie Kay was born early this morning at 12:16 am...can share more of my birth story later, just wanted to give a quick update! Had contractions all day yesterday and had my bloody show yesterday morning. Around dinner time the contracitons were 5 min apart, so we headed in to the hospital. Wasn't dilating much more but they admitted me at 8 pm due to my contractions, and she was born only 4 hours later. Only pushed 1 1/2 times. Weighed in at 6 lbs 15 oz, 19 in long! We are doing great!!:)
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Faughorn - Yay for baby turning on his own!

Jillsie - Congrats! She's cute!
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Jillsie - Can't wait to hear more of your story! Congrats!
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Had my 36 week appt yesterday. Holding steady at 14 pounds gained. My doctor measured me and said she is measuring at full term already. So I am assuming she will be a giant like her brothers. They both weighed in at almost 10 pounds. I guess I'll go return those newborn diapers today!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Had my 36 week appt yesterday. Holding steady at 14 pounds gained. My doctor measured me and said she is measuring at full term already. So I am assuming she will be a giant like her brothers. They both weighed in at almost 10 pounds. I guess I'll go return those newborn diapers today!

That's exciting! Congrats!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Baby is here!!

Jovie Kay was born early this morning at 12:16 am...can share more of my birth story later, just wanted to give a quick update! Had contractions all day yesterday and had my bloody show yesterday morning. Around dinner time the contracitons were 5 min apart, so we headed in to the hospital. Wasn't dilating much more but they admitted me at 8 pm due to my contractions, and she was born only 4 hours later. Only pushed 1 1/2 times. Weighed in at 6 lbs 15 oz, 19 in long! We are doing great!!:)

Congratulations! She is gorgeous!!! :smile:
  • blink1021
    Options

Baby is here!!

That is great!!!! Yeah for fast labors. Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures. Go get some rest:)
  • blink1021
    Options

Thats great only 14lb gain!!! I hope to be the same right now I am holding at 7lbs. Thats great that she is full term hopefully she won't be as big as her brothers :) They are estimating my girl will be a whole 1lb and 4oz smaller than my son was so maybe you will get lucky :)
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled for a c section on the 15th. I don't doubt she will be huge so I'm glad it's not a natural birth!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Congrats Jillsie-she's precious :)
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Awwwww congrats Jillsie!!!!!!!!!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    congrats on your baby!! she's adorable!!
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    congrats, Jillsie! Thanks for posting a quick story and pic! So fun to hear about and see the new baby!
  • blink1021
    Options
    ok well nothing like spending my entire Wed. at the doctors office. Went in for my regularly scheduled appointment for a stress test and visit with the doctor. Well I knew that my regular doctor was on vacation so I was going to have to see a partner which I was fine with at first considering it was my SIL doctor and she can't say enough good things about him. Well now I know why I do not like my SIL. This doctor I saw was awful I could not stand the man. I do not doubt that he does not know his stuff but he is not a people person at all. When he got in the room he complained the whole time about about my stress test results than he asked me why my doctor scheduled me for one because 32 weeks is too early. How should I know why my doctor scheduled me for one I trust and like my doctor and he says I needed one so I had one who is he to second guess my doctor in front of me. He also kept his back to me the whole time and when I tried to tell him about the pelvic pain I had been having he dismissed my concerns!!!! He then wants me to have an ulrasound that day. My doctor told me he would do another ultrasound at 34 weeks. Now this doctor who does not listen has scared the pants off me that something is wrong and now I have to wait almost 2 hours for the ultrasound. I call my husband and tell him whats going on so now he is upset he leaves work and meets me at the hospital and we sit around the cafeteria waiting for my appointment. We go in and of course NOTHING is wrong she is fine movement is great she passes all 8 tests and she is 4lbs 7oz already. I guess the highlight out of my day is I got to have some 3d pictures done. So I missed an entire day of work . So now I am going once a week I feel its a little early to be going once a week, but that is what they tell me. I will be seeing my regular doctor on Monday and believe me he will hear about his "partner". Does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling and I will be making sure that there is no way this other doctor could possibly do my delivery.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Blink - what a frustrating day! I'm glad everything is okay with your little one, but I'm sorry you had to go through the stress of the day with that other doctor. I think your doctor will appreciate knowing what happened while he/she was away, and if I had to guess, I'll bet you aren't the first patient he/she has heard it from. Hopefully everything is smooth from here on out with your weekly appointments!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Blink, that's terrible!!!! So glad your dr is coming back soon!! There's this OB i was using before the one i have now and i saw her for over 2 years and she'd only be nice to me when my hubs would be there with me...any other time she was a rude B! i kept using her bc she knew all my medical issues (i have PCOS) and bc of that i didnt want to switch but the day i found out i was pregnant i called up there and went in to take a pee test and that was the last time i saw her lol i will not recommend her to anyone!! I don't see how she's still in business as rude and careless as she is!