3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• sas6575
    sas6575 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi Helen,
    I love your new piccy, your bump is so neat and tidy! You look great :)
    I hope you had a great time in Paris xxx
  • sas6575
    Options
    Hey myice,
    I'm with you on the eating thing! I lay there wide awake at night through the sheer volume of food I've over indulged on yet get up and do it all again the next day! I finish work a week on Friday and I know it's gonna be tough keeping up my walking, especially after moving to a new area and not knowing any routes but for now I'm focussed.....for now lol
    I hope your placenta moves so you can have the VBAC you so want, please let us know what the ultrasound says in two weeks.
    Sounds like you had a real ordeal with your first - it must scare the living daylights out of you. Praying everything will be 'normal' this time around for ya :)

AFM - Still counting the days down at work until I finish on June 1st.....every 8 hr day feels like a lifetime, I guess the 'winding down' feeling has taken hold and I just sit clock watching all day! grrrrrrrr......
    Moving house on June 2nd so our home is still upside down but hubby has been a super star and I just feel like a useless preggo blob! We're usually such a great team but he won't let me lift a finger (although I did a bit of gardening last night!)
    I've been craving milk lately - well, not so much craving it but eating cereals galore and smothering each bowl in milk so I think my body needs the calcium right now. I've figured out I'm eating around 2000-2200 calories a day - is this 'normal'???

Have a great hump day ladies,
    Love Sarah xx
    30wks 3 days
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks Sarah, bump is quite neat but pounds still coming on. Think some of its water weight as weather has improved greatly, on the down side I have been struggling to sleep, Im off work for a weeks holiday which Im enjoying catching up on housework and gardening.

Aim to maintain the next few weeks and drink more water (as seem to slack when Im off work!

Im off to the hairdressers and to take my Gran shopping so will catch up with everyone later.

Helen 28 + 1
    Up 25lb
  • batgirlrox
    batgirlrox Posts: 105
    Options
    Sarah- Great work on the move and glad the bed isn't too bad. Yay for great husbands! I have been drinking WAY more milk then I have since I was a child. Almost every meal I have a big glass of it. I think around the 2000-2200 calorie range is right for 3rd trimester.

Emily- Haha sorry about the confusion. Either way I love hearing about people quitting smoking. I hope he's still holding strong!! Cold is still hanging around although changed from excess mucous to a nasty cough that's not letting me sleep unfortunately. That's so exciting for your son. It's nice that your hospital accommodate siblings to be present during the tour!

Myice- I hope the trouble free pregnancy continues to your VBAC plan.

AFM- Well other then my night of contractions on Friday and some light spotting ever since nothings been happening here. I would even say the Braxton Hicks have slowed down. I'm back to see the Dr tomorrow (first time without DH, he's pretty bummed about it, but someones gotta work ;)) He said he may strip my membranes depending on if things appear to be happening or not. Then down to the final week before Evie's due date. I'm still certain she won't be here before my DD but I can still wish.

Hubby and I dug out a rock garden this week and put in the dirt and prepped it for a vegetable garden. It's not very big but I'm quite excited....although so is my youngest dog. He thinks we've made a perfect little cage in for him and filled it with nice cool dirt to lay in and get away from the other dog. He is so pleased with himself lying like a little(ok well more big) prince in the confines of the garden. The little fence we put up is 3 feet but he doesn't even need a running start to get over it just a simple bounce. I'm hoping after we get some plants growing in there he will stay out but I have my doubt and am thinking next year we will need to put in a taller fence to keep him out.

Hope all is well with everyone else. It's rainy and cold here today so I've had another lazy day after our 3 busy ones with the garden so I'm not too upset about it.

Amanda
    38W6D
    (+ 28lbs)
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Just found out that DH will be coming home to visit for sure this Friday! YAY! It's only been 25 days since he left but it's hard being away, especially when pregnant and with our first! I also have my glucose test that morning as well as my cerclage check up. Big day Friday! If I don't get back on before then, have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone. It's also my dads' 54th bday Monday, so lots of busy times ahead!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    sas – sorry to hear you’ve been so wiped out, hope you start to feel better. Best of luck with the move. You’re lucky your DH is pampering you, mine will probably make me do all the packing. Your calories seem fine to me, if you find you are gaining to fast you can dial back a little.

Christina – Congrats on moving your son over. Sorry to hear about the stretch marks and varicose veins, doesn’t seem fair. Have you tried compression stockings to help prevent the varicosities? You are getting so close!

Kelley – yeah, we are definitely getting movers. You and your adventures with your son, lol at waking up singing at 5am! Great job getting exercise out of it! Hope you catch up on your sleep and keep up the good work with the water!

Helenmelon – welcome! So exciting about Paris, I wish I had had a trip like that! Looking forward to more of an update. Don’t worry too much about those pounds, just drink plenty of water!

Emily – bless you for saying that about my exercise and post-baby recovery! I certainly hope I bounce back! Sounds like things are coming together for you, you seem really organized. I think everyone should quit smoking so I’m so glad to hear OH’s cessation news too and wish him the best of luck! So cute about DS and babies.

Yollie – just gorgeous! Congrats!

Monica – You are doing great on the running and still jealous of your tiny little weight gain! I feel like a whale by comparison. I don’t have any thoughts about a doula. All my experience with childbirth has been in hospital medicine. I think if you have a good husband or other coach they are pretty unnecessary, esp with a midwife around

Amanda – my dad is like your father in law, he LOVES to videotape. But he can’t go there!!! :noway: Sorry to hear about the head cold and life insurance snafu. Those life insurance companies are crazy! DH and I just got it and I am paying almost 3 times as much as DH because I had childhood asthma and used to take an anti-depressant! An abnormal pap is just a stupid reason – maybe try elsewhere. Exciting you lost your plug though, you might go right on time! LOL at your dog, good luck keeping him out of the garden!

yahyamommy – sorry to hear about the previa, I am also hoping you have no bleeding until your c section date!

myiceisonfire – welcome! I didn’t know about the preecclampsie before, hopefully it won’t rear its ugly head again! Definitely get out there and exercise though cause data shows that can help prevent preecclampsia. Crossing my fingers for your placenta! I’ve definitely been full but “metabolically hungry” as I’ve been putting it, lol. Some days I think my body wants more calories than my tummy can handle volume-wise…

Brunettewife – Best of luck on your tests and yay on hubby coming home! Enjoy!
  • cutmd
    Options
    AFM - could be better. After months of doing great DH and I have had more and more arguments over the last few weeks. He used to have a bad temper years ago when we were dating that resurfaces from time to time, but recently it's been constant. I think it's his way of handling stress but in my hormonal state I just can't take having a big fight over running late or when to eat dinner. It makes me wonder if the baby will be subjected to this foolishness :frown:. I've been giving him the silent treatment for a day or so since our last fight to show I'm serious since talking doesn't seem to help, but it is making me miserable. Before everything went south we did finalize an apartment and have an SUV coming to our dealership off a factory in S Carolina, so I am working on the movers and just had some boxes arrive, trying to focus on the baby since I can't control DH.

Still getting in my exercise about 5x per week, doing incline pushups since my bump is too big for regular and altering my squats a little as well. I find I get more wiped out with more BH but am proud I can continue to push through to the end. We'll see how long it lasts. Doing okay on my eating (sometimes no appetite and maybe too much restaurant food but getting in fruits/veggies, etc). Have an OB appointment tomorrow, got rescheduled with the nurse practitioner but at least I can still get measured and whatnot. Hopefully my weight isn't too different from what I've had at home. Wish me luck!

Melissa
    33 wk 5 days
    +21-22
  • sas6575
    Options
    Hey Melissa,
    Sorry to hear about your relationship problems. I feel for you I really do. DH and I had an explosive one yesterday and stood literally YELLING at each other for the best part of an hour. It was just awful. I am fearful little one will feel my mood and be stunned / shocked by it all as she's not been moving a great deal since (maybe that's all in my head!)
    I hope your situation improves QUICKLY - mine apologised after the event and has been in super creep mode ever since. Good luck :( xxx
  • cutmd
    Options
    Thanks sas, things got better, hopefully the moodies will stay away for all of us.

I posted a new profile pic - I'm getting huge! How did that happen with no weight gain?:noway:

Where is everybody? :frown:
  • sas6575
    Options
    You look amazing! Such a neat little bump :)
    I don't know where everyone is, it's soooooo quiet on here these days! Maybe they're all off giving birth ;)
    It's my last day at work today -hubby wanted me to finish today instead of next Friday as the house move has been brought forwards so I'm just going with the flow!
    Have a lovely weekend - long may the moodies stay away xx
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Hi all

Melissa- hope u doing ok. love your profile pic - you bump looks fab. Paris was great thanks, one of my best friends lives there so we tend to go a couple times a year. OH coulnt go until late June/July and I didnt want to travel too late so went on a girk trip instead. Leaving OH in charge of dogs!

Sas - glad you doing ok and hope you arent too stressed with getting ready to move or have u moved now?

Bru - hope hubby got home ok and you enjoy your weekend.

Kristie- Anyone know if she has had the baby- not 100% when due tho.

Today I had my 28 week app. My BP was high on arrival, which is normal as I seem to get worked up, but has always dropped down after 10 mins - once baby checked etc. Today it did drop but my pulse stayed high so off I went to the day ward to be monitored. After 30 mins it had gone down but still high ish. Did blood tests etc and low on iron, was told it can increase pulse rate so hopefully when I go back in 2 weeks it will be ok. I have my own monitor and readings been fine all week - think half the time I just get worked up!

Apart from that all ok here. Weather has gone crazy - approx 30 C today which is very hot for here (prob didnt help my heart rate etc).

Managed to get lots of washing done and hope to do other housework tomorrow but will see how it goes.

Has everyone got much bought/organised for baby? We have got a bit now but still plenty to get, but hopefully plenty of time. We have a few fav names: Isaac Michael for a boy (Isaac is OH Granda name and Michael my Dads name) and Hannah _____? (Hannah is both my great grandmothers names), but unsure of middle name yet.

I will check in tomorrow - if anyone has any high iron food ideas please suggest them.

Helen 28 + 3
    Up 25 lb

xx
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Quick pop in for me. Hubby decided to surprise me yesterday and got home right after my alarm clock went off at 410am! He's home til late Mon/early Tues. Got all of the important adult stuff done yesterday (bills, bank acct switch over, plate renewal on the truck, etc) so we have the rest of the weekend to do whatever for the most part.

As for my appt yesterday.. my blood pressure and weight were on track. Her heartbeat and measurements are perfect. My cerclage and cervix are doing all the right things too. The glucose test is done, just awaiting results. I got to choose between orange and lemon lime, took lemon lime, wasn't nearly as bad as they make it seem. No sick yucky feeling at all, not even after the blood was drawn. All is well and I go back June 8th to discuss my glucose test unless there's something wrong, then they'll call me sooner. So no news for 2wks is good news!

Hvae a fantastic weekend all and I'll see ya Tuesday!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    It has been EONS since I have posted....
    Due to increased tightness/braxton hicks throughout most of my day and pubic bone pain (I think it may be Symphysis pubis dysfunction) and AWFUL lower back pain, I haven't been able to work out at all the last three weeks. The chiropractor helps a little bit, but not as much as he used to. I plan on discussing all of this with my OB next week.
    I have been doing good with my eating, but not bothering to log. I just keep track that I am getting at least 2 fruit and 4 veggies a day, a gallon of water, and protein and calcium at every meal. I am not as hungry now that I am not exercising, and really can't fit as much food anyway.
    OH. and babygirl is still breech, and I will be 33 weeks tomorrow. I am really hoping she turns for me!
    On a positive note, the new heartburn script the doc gave me made the night time pukes from acid and heartburn go away. Yay for that!
    I hope you are all having an easier time than I am, and have a great long weekend!
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Melissa- hope u doing ok. love your profile pic - you bump looks fab. Paris was great thanks, one of my best friends lives there so we tend to go a couple times a year. OH coulnt go until late June/July and I didnt want to travel too late so went on a girk trip instead. Leaving OH in charge of dogs!

Sas - glad you doing ok and hope you arent too stressed with getting ready to move or have u moved now?

Bru - hope hubby got home ok and you enjoy your weekend.

Kristie- Anyone know if she has had the baby- not 100% when due tho.

Today I had my 28 week app. My BP was high on arrival, which is normal as I seem to get worked up, but has always dropped down after 10 mins - once baby checked etc. Today it did drop but my pulse stayed high so off I went to the day ward to be monitored. After 30 mins it had gone down but still high ish. Did blood tests etc and low on iron, was told it can increase pulse rate so hopefully when I go back in 2 weeks it will be ok. I have my own monitor and readings been fine all week - think half the time I just get worked up!

Apart from that all ok here. Weather has gone crazy - approx 30 C today which is very hot for here (prob didnt help my heart rate etc).

Managed to get lots of washing done and hope to do other housework tomorrow but will see how it goes.

Has everyone got much bought/organised for baby? We have got a bit now but still plenty to get, but hopefully plenty of time. We have a few fav names: Isaac Michael for a boy (Isaac is OH Granda name and Michael my Dads name) and Hannah _____? (Hannah is both my great grandmothers names), but unsure of middle name yet.

I will check in tomorrow - if anyone has any high iron food ideas please suggest them.

Helen 28 + 3
    Up 25 lb

xx

I think spinach in veggies and apples in fruits
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Morning

Another gorgeous day here. Just had breakfast on the patio with OH and now he has gone off to work so Im going to clean bathrooms and go and buy our summer bedding plants and a little bit of food - milk, spinach and brocolli and vit C (as was told to take that will help absort Iron).

We went to a 30 th birhday party last night. Enjoyed it but prob be tired later.

Im back at work tomorrow after a week off, but the following week we are off Mon and Tues for the Queens Jubilee, so weather permitting we will have a little garden party to celebrate that.

Yahyamommy - thanks will get some spinach and already eat a few apples a day.

MrsJax - sorry to hear about your tough few weeks. There is plenty of time for her to turn yet - hopefully sooner rather than later.

Bru - pleased your hubby got back ok and you got all your jobs etc done. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Enjoy your day and catch you tomorrow.

Helen x
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I stepped on the scale this morning. I weighed 225.6lbs... That's what max weight I'm suppose to be when I deliver. =/ I have 13 weeks to go. What happen? My son's birthday party & my anniversary really killed me that much? ... Hubby picked all my food today since we weren't home. I chose my last snacks. Now I only have 28calories left for dinner and I want to cry. I'm ashamed that I'm gained so much this pregnancy with so many weeks left to go still. And I am upset because I'm so hungry and I just can't see myself going over my calories today knowing I've already done so poorly this past week, but 28 calories wont do much for how hungry I am. *sigh* Now what? I feel trapped!

Also, my last OB apt I'd had a 10lb gain between the appts and said it was okay because that was usually when pregnant woman see a sudden weight gain. But she'd be conserened if I had a 10lb weight gain every time.... Well I've done just that. Gained 10lbs since my last apt, and I dont go in until the 7th! Which I'll probably gain even more. =/ Really freaking out. What if this is the begining of pre-eclampsia again? That's one of the symptoms, weight gain, a lot of weight gain. And then is when I started to gain a lot when I got it last time.
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    HI

myiceisonfire - hey dont panic. I can easily jump up 5lb over a weekend which droppes back down after a week, esp if the weather is warm and havent drunk enough water. Defo dont be ashamed and try not to get upset. (easier said than done I know).

I would give it a week of clean eating and loads of water and then weigh again and see how you feel then.

I have to get back to work but will log on again later.

Helen
    28 + 6
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Hi everyone - where are you all?

Off to work in 30 mins so just checking in. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Catch up tonight

Helen 29 weeks
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Sorry I've been MIA for so long! I've been incredibly busy with school ending, trying to get my garden canned, dehydrated, frozen, etc., getting ready for baby, and traveling. I'm currently in SC visiting my husband while he's at Ft. Jackson and I've been preocupied with thinking of all the things I still need to do at home. Only 5 weeks left before little Tayt arrives. I'm not ready!

It's been really awesome seeing my husband, though. Yesterday we went canoeing up and down a river that was more like a swamp, but we didn't get stuck on logs or anything. We saw lots of pretty trees and small animals. No snakes though, thank goodness. It was really fun and a good workout for my upper body. My DH actually took a video of me paddling (I was in the front) and when I watched it, I was SO shocked to see how fat I look. I couldn't believe it. I mean, I feel and look pregnant, but from behind, I just look like a fat girl. So all night and today, I've been dwelling on how I'm going to get the weight off. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and depressed by all this weight (I've put on 35 pounds so far and I've got a month left!). Here's to hoping that LO latches on and breastfeeding helps take the weight off. But like my husband told me, I'm active and I love exercise, so he has no doubt that I'll lose all that I need. I made the mistake of asking him if I was as fat as someone we know. He said yes. :( I've kind of always been "well, at least I'm not as big/fat as so-and-so", but it turns out that I am! :sad: That's what I get for thinking that about so-and-so. Anyway, I need to read and catch up on everyone. I hope you're all healthy and happy!

Jalyn
    34w6d
    +35lbs
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bru-Good luck on your tests and enjoy your time with your hubby!

Myice- glad you haven't had any problems yet! Let us know wha they say at your next ultrasound.

Sarah- Glad you got moved. That can be so stressful.

Yahyamommy-Good luck!!

Amanda- Sorry about the life insurance disappointment. A veggie garden is so much fun!! WHat are you planting?

Monica- I'm so jealous that you can still run! My belly hurts when I try. It's onlyl been walking and strength training for me since 22 weeks.

Yolie- Congrats! What a handsome boy!

Emily- Yay on OH quitting smoking! Good luck to him.

Helen- Welcome to the 3rd trimester!!

Melissa- Sorry to hear about you and DH arguing. My DH isn't a big yeller, but I am. I get really angry and resentful of him and I, unfortunately, find myself thinking about just taking off and leaving him. I hate the south and he will never leave. Sometimes I feel like I have to choose him or my family since he will NOT compromise. I cry all the time about missing my home and my own culture, but he doesn't care. Or at least that how I precieve it. He doesn't care enough to make a change, at least. I hope things work out and improve for both of us. Until then, try and focus on the positive.

Have an awesome week, ladies!!