3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Only 5 weeks left at work before my scheduled induction, and so much to do!! Hubby and I are going shopping this weekend to buy all of our necessities that we need before she comes! We are sooooo excited, and I can hardly believe the end is coming up so fast! Honestly, I'm still amazed that we've made it to this point, and very grateful everyday that she is thriving. It is such a miracle, and I feel blessed that we've seen her grow from a 5-day blastocyst into our daughter. Sorry, I am a sap! But after waiting 9 years for this, I can't help myself!

I was not all that excited about scheduling an induction, but I do see my midwife's point. I am a high risk pregnancy, and she feels that since the baby will be full term at 38 weeks, she would feel more comfortable doing it then rather than waiting it out. I've had 2 rounds of steroid shots now, so we've done what we can to prepare our little girl for the big world! (I am still wired after my steroid shot from yesterday, yikes!)

I have never been induced but I see her point they can at least control it instead of you going into labor on your own. Especially if you are high risk it might be safer. Babies come when they want to and she may show up earlier you never know. Wouldn't worry too much about the baby I do not think they would take her if they weren't sure she was ready to go at that time. I went into labor with my son at 39 weeks and he was still 8lbs 14oz. I joke around that I had a toddler not an infant. Even though I know people have larger.
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Both my boys weighed in at almost 10 pounds. This one is......who knows. I have a c/s scheduled for the 15th, but I am soooooo very done. I am short waisted and there is just no more room! I can feel her little feet poking my innards up under my ribs. Heavy sighs. 2 weeks left.
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have never been induced but I see her point they can at least control it instead of you going into labor on your own. Especially if you are high risk it might be safer. Babies come when they want to and she may show up earlier you never know. Wouldn't worry too much about the baby I do not think they would take her if they weren't sure she was ready to go at that time. I went into labor with my son at 39 weeks and he was still 8lbs 14oz. I joke around that I had a toddler not an infant. Even though I know people have larger.

She also told me a couple of horror stories to drive her point home! If she wasn't a close friend of mine, I'd probably be appalled, but she just wanted me to know where she's coming from.

A toddler! That's too funny! I am not too worried about her not being ready, but I was always the one to say, "She's staying in until she's ready to come out, no pitocin for me!" Oh, how things change! We started telling people yesterday "5 weeks or less", because she could come earlier. My uterus is kind of heart-shaped, so my midwife told me to be prepared to go into labor anytime after we stop doing our progesterone shots.
  • ajsdream
    Options
    Both my boys weighed in at almost 10 pounds. This one is......who knows. I have a c/s scheduled for the 15th, but I am soooooo very done. I am short waisted and there is just no more room! I can feel her little feet poking my innards up under my ribs. Heavy sighs. 2 weeks left.

I haven't had my ribs poked yet, I bet that doesn't feel too pleasant! I think it's a good thing we get to the point eventually when you are ready for them to come out....it makes labor seem more welcoming than scary!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I felt "done" several times throughout my pregnancy. It seems to come and go for me. At 39w6d I declared to DH I was "really done this time", but then 40w until today (40w3d) I've gone back to being okay with still being pregnant (aside from being impatient for things to get going, and getting tired of the "You're still pregnant?!" comments). Even though I'm growing impatient I'm wishing I had more time because I'm totally not mentally ready for a baby to come into my life in the next few days! Ready or not, here it comes! :laugh:
  • blink1021
    Options

I haven't had my ribs poked yet, I bet that doesn't feel too pleasant! I think it's a good thing we get to the point eventually when you are ready for them to come out....it makes labor seem more welcoming than scary!

I thought labor would be the worst thing possble and was extremely scared to have my son, but when my water broke I was the calmest out of my mother and husband. I think that it was the anticipation and once things got going I just wanted it to be over. This time I am just worried about getting to the hospital in time. I had a dream I had the baby in my bathroom.......Scarey!!!!!!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I go in today for a pre op for a cesarean. My 38 check up yesterday showed that my little girl is still breech, going between frank and complete breech. Her butt is partially engaged so the chances of her flipping are pretty slim. So it's delivery by c/s on Nov 9.

She is also a teeny tiny baby, right now she measures in 11-12% on growth charts and less then 6lbs. Because I'm pretty small my OB is not worried, but I definitely am. It's hard not to worry! I've quit gaining weight and my belly is stuck measuring 33-34 weeks.

Because she is breech I'm dealing with some mid back pain instead of low back pain. I've got pain in my ribs too. It's all normal, but it is making me very grumpy and moody. I'm at the "I'm done" point. Anyone else?

don't worry about the growth part. I had bi-weekly growth scans with DD because they said that she was under the 10% on growth charts. My belly measurements were also 3-4wks behind. My dr actually went and freaked me out saying that shes not growing enough and she is not getting enough food because my placenta is thick and she can stop growing and die. I about went ballistic when I heard that. The u/s dr calmed me down and told me that she will be fine and what not but i was put on a strict high protein diet, needless to say I was induced at 40wks (my Ob didn't get the memo from the u/s dr to induce me asap after my 38wk appt with him) and she was a perfect size of 6#13oz. Needless to say, I switched OBs this time around and never want to see my old OB again. lol

My sister had her DD at 38 wks and weighed 5lbs 2oz at birth. When she was 1 month old, she already doubled her weight and weighed 10lbs!

Baby will grow just fine outside the womb especially since she is fullterm. No need for added stress. I stressed enough about it with DD. lol
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I go in today for a pre op for a cesarean. My 38 check up yesterday showed that my little girl is still breech, going between frank and complete breech. Her butt is partially engaged so the chances of her flipping are pretty slim. So it's delivery by c/s on Nov 9.

She is also a teeny tiny baby, right now she measures in 11-12% on growth charts and less then 6lbs. Because I'm pretty small my OB is not worried, but I definitely am. It's hard not to worry! I've quit gaining weight and my belly is stuck measuring 33-34 weeks.

Because she is breech I'm dealing with some mid back pain instead of low back pain. I've got pain in my ribs too. It's all normal, but it is making me very grumpy and moody. I'm at the "I'm done" point. Anyone else?

I'm with everyone else - I wouldnt worry about her weight, it's hard for them to get accurate numbers. With my 2nd, I had only gained 10 lbs by the time I reached 38 weeks. Docs were worried about the baby, thinking that she wasnt gaining enough weight They considered delivering her early saying that she would have better chance of growing/gaining weight outside of the womb. I was so nervous! They did an ultrasound and said she weighed a little over 5lbs and decided to keep her "baking". I had her the next week (at 39 wks) and she was 8 lbs 5oz! So, as far as I am concerned, they can't get good numbers - I highly doubt she gained 3 lbs in 1 week!

Good luck, I am sure everything w/ your daughter will be just fine! Keep us posted, though!
  • ajsdream
    Options
    Braxton Hicks or plain old back spasms?

Yesterday and today, I've felt my mid-back muscles tightening up on me. I'm not sure if it's because my belly is getting heavier, or if it's braxton hicks. I don't feel anything in my stomach when this is happening. This morning, I bent over to hook my dogs up on their leashes, and my back tightened up 4 times in a row. These haven't been painful at all, so I'm not worried about early labor. I'm going to track down my midwife when she gets here (we work together) and ask her opinion too.
  • cocolo89
    Options
    Hello all. Had my ob appointment today everything seems to be going well! I did leave with some questions though. My results from the glucose test came out at 50. Is that too low? My dr made a comment saying that she hasn't seen a number that low before and even asked if I am sure I drank the whole drink. She didn't seem worried or anything about it, but I guess it just kinda lingered in my head. She said baby is head down, but of-course that can change since I still have about 10wks left.
    Last night I had some pretty painful BH, I almost thought they were the real thing. They kept coming every 5 mins or so for about 45mins and then they got further apart and eventually went away. It definitely had me worried. I didn't do a whole lot of exercising this week so I am not sure what triggered it. Hopefully no more of them happen painful like that cause they really had me breaking a sweat, lol.
    I definitly slowed down my exercise lately, I really need to pick it back up before I get out of the habit. I feel so yucky when I don't do anything for a week.

How;s everyone else doing?
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Final countdown. One week. Five days. Man, am I ready to not be pregnant anymore. My energy is sapped, my ribs hurt and it is a struggle to be in a good mood.
  • blink1021
    Options
    Hello all. Had my ob appointment today everything seems to be going well! I did leave with some questions though. My results from the glucose test came out at 50. Is that too low? My dr made a comment saying that she hasn't seen a number that low before and even asked if I am sure I drank the whole drink. She didn't seem worried or anything about it, but I guess it just kinda lingered in my head. She said baby is head down, but of-course that can change since I still have about 10wks left.
    Last night I had some pretty painful BH, I almost thought they were the real thing. They kept coming every 5 mins or so for about 45mins and then they got further apart and eventually went away. It definitely had me worried. I didn't do a whole lot of exercising this week so I am not sure what triggered it. Hopefully no more of them happen painful like that cause they really had me breaking a sweat, lol.
    I definitly slowed down my exercise lately, I really need to pick it back up before I get out of the habit. I feel so yucky when I don't do anything for a week.

How;s everyone else doing?

Yes 50 is too low. I am surprised you aren't feeling light headed. I was given a chart of what your blood sugar should be at at certain times depending on whether you take the 1hr, 2hr, or 3hr test. My chart says that your blood sugar one hour after taking the solution should be under 180. You were under 180, but my dad is a diabetic and he is considered to have low blood sugar when he hits 60 or lower. I would definitely ask your doctor because some pregnant women can experience hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
  • blink1021
    Options
    Final countdown. One week. Five days. Man, am I ready to not be pregnant anymore. My energy is sapped, my ribs hurt and it is a struggle to be in a good mood.

I bet you are ready!!! So exciting can't wait to hear the story hope it goes well for you.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options

soooooooo close!!!!!!!!!!! how exciting!!!!! last days always suck and seem triple the tiime . ur almost there hang in there
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Baby Rose arrived at 11:48pm Thursday, November 1st, 3 (almost 4!) days late! We have been home for 3 hours, so still settling in. Will post details as soon as I can!
  • cocolo89
    Options
    Baby Rose arrived at 11:48pm Thursday, November 1st, 3 (almost 4!) days late! We have been home for 3 hours, so still settling in. Will post details as soon as I can!

Yay congrats!! Can't wait for details
  • ajsdream
    Options

So exciting! Can't wait to hear more! Congrats!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

Congrats!! Take your time and enjoy her :)
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Welcome baby Rose! (That is my middle name and will be our little girl's middle name.) I hope you and baby are doing well. Welcome home. :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

YAY!!!!! Love the name choice too! What a beautiful name! :)