November Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
Well this challenge is a challenge with youself. The challenge is to for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage on another along the way. Please feel free to share you ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

As of November 1, 2012:

Me (Please use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012:

Me: 0
    The Binge: 0
    Overate (100 cals or more): 0

I'm in again as I completely lost it last month. I think I'm going to track days that I'm over by 100 cals or more on here too. I may not always binge, but I definitely eat way more than I should.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012:

Overate (100 cals or more): 0

I'm in again as I completely lost it last month. I think I'm going to track days that I'm over by 100 cals or more on here too. I may not always binge, but I definitely eat way more than I should.
    Welcome back!! I may add overate too or something similar. I have a day to think about it
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012 :

The Binge: 1

I might add overeating too, but if I add that....do I check off the binge and overeating each time? Because when I binge, I cant say I didn't overeat too lol
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    R, Nov. 1

beatrix: 1
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Nov 1

Me -- 1
    Binge -- 0

Day 1 successful, whew!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012:

Overate (100 cals or more): 1 (11/1: 579)

Fiance made dinner last night. While not truly "healthy", it would have been fine in moderation. But I don't know the meaning of that word yet. It was good though. :smile:
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Alright, think my kids have FINALLY settled into school routine, so perhaps I might be able to keep up daily now.....man the last two months have been rough, lol

So, one last try here

Me: 1
    Binge: 0
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I somehow got off on the wrong foot for this month but makes me more driven to turn it around. I wanted to avoid confronting it but this is the way I need to do it.

Me - 0
    The binge - 1 (11/1)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    November 2012

Diane: 0
  • fayefern
    fayefern Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    feeling guilty about the binge i had last night! it doesnt happen often, and i want to keep it that way, but wow did i go over when i logged in everything i ate! oh well- it's another day right? i cant take back what i shoved in my mouth....anyway i like this challenge and i want to give it a try....

Nov 1, 2012

me- 0
    the binge- 1
  • Shyster2005
    Shyster2005 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new on this support group. I have BED, diagnosed about a year ago.

As of 11/1/12:

Yesterday was terrible but today is another day!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    This might sound weird.... but I thought I was an idiot for binging on November first, the BRAND new start of the month, the one day i wanted to win and start new (having binged the day before) But I didn't win...It's sort of reassuring to see others on here fell too, but its okay because we all get back up

As of November 2, 2012

The Binge: 2
    Grrrrrrrrrr.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    As of November 2nd,
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Nov. 2012

Dee - 1
    Binge - 0
  • suse33
    suse33 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    First time joining in on the challenge

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012:

Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 1 (1)

Logged it all - 1
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    October was so bad that I quit the challenge like a week into it! I'd like to start again.

Me - 1

The Binge - 0

Finally! Two days without a binge. I feel so much better, even after just two days of not bingeing. I think I binge more days than not! At least I did in October. I want to make this a better month, especially with the season coming up...I tend to put on a few pounds around the holidays and I really don't want that this year!
  • Isatryli
    Isatryli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    October was bad too for me but I'm feeling better

So November 1, 2012

Isa : 1
    The binge : 0

Keep going everyone§ We can all do this!
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I want to join! Last month was BAD, and so far in November things haven't been great either. But I want to do No-Binge No-vember (starting tomorrow...)!

metalvegan: 0
    The Binge: 2

Tomorrow is another day.

Also, if anyone wants to friend me, I'm ALWAYS looking for binge buddies. I'm 27 years old, I live in Ohio, and I'm 5'8.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Me - 1
    The binge - 1 (11/1)

Low calorie day and no urge to binge. Really focusing on how I feel mentally so the 'switch' doesn't flip. Aiming for seven days In a row (...and leading to more!)