introduce yourselves

Options

Replies

• kcrojas630
    kcrojas630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Krista. 34 y.o. mother of two (5 and 4). I have started the shred a few times before, but never got past 2 days of level 2. I just started again on Oct. 22nd, taking one day off a week, so I just completed day 8 of level 1 today! Good luck to everyone!
  • calahope
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Cala. I started the 30DS yesterday, and felt like I was gonna die. But today I did it, and was barely breathing hard when I finished. All I have to say is pain today, is strength tomorrow. You just gotta push through it, in order to get the beautiful, strong body that you want and deserve.
  • Frances_C17
    Frances_C17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Frances. I'm 26 and hoping to tone up a bit before my wedding at the end of December.
    I've done level one 5 times in the past three weeks so want to up my commitment though I know I won't do it everyday as I don't want to get injured. Trying to mix in some running, Zumba and maybe a spin class so I don't get bored.

Good luck everyone!
  • christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'd like to join! I started this yesterday, and I'm ready to stay committed to it!

I'm Christine, 31yo mom to a 12 yo girl. I work full time - sitting at a desk - and need some help staying motivated to move around in the evenings.

I tried this workout a couple years ago - only did it for a couple weeks, but lost a few inches all around. I'm excited to start over, and share this experience with other people!
  • Panna9406
    Panna9406 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Anna and I've created my mfp profile a few days ago but I enjoy it very much already!
    I'll start the shred tomorrow, I can't wait, and I am really happy that this group exists, it's a very good idea!
    So, good luck everyone, I really believe that we will get rid of a lot of calories together!:)
  • lynsaaay
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm Lynsay, I've just turned 26 and I'm 150lbs.
    I did the 30 day shred for 9 days last month but a few things happening in my life distracted me.
    I'm ready to start again with the month of November arriving and hopefully I can stick to it much better this time around!
  • mz_asher
    mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Ashley. Im 25 years old. 2 awesome boys! As of right now i dont have time to go to the gym due to hubby's work and son soccer so I thought I would do the 30 day shred! Im new to MFP as ive been on it since September-ish. I recently started a group on MFP for mommies who want to be accountable :) its called Phat to Fit Mama's :)
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Frankie. I'm 31 and have a 21-month-old daughter. I have started the Shred 3 times already, always quitting at day 6 when life gets in the way - I get sick/injured or my daughter is ill, not sleeping etc. so I'm really hoping that this time is MY TIME!

My problem has always been being an all or nothing person. I'll log consistently and workout full-on for a few weeks and then ditch everything and eat like a pig for a few weeks, hence I get nowhere! Since starting to use MFP properly, I lost 27lbs but then have gained 13lbs again these last few weeks, which just kills me when I think of all the hours I've sweat my butt off for nothing. I definitely need to find balance with all this and not to take on too much that I can't sustain.

I'm starting today (1 Nov) and hope to do the Shred 5 days a week. I also Zumba for 1 hour a week and I'd like to add in some more cardio too (some Turbo Fire classes), which I think I will do gradually so as not to take too much on.

5'6"
    SW: 141
    GW: 128 but actually I'd much prefer to have more lean muscle and lose inches
    Chest: 35"
    Waist: 30"
    Across navel/muffin top/belly: 38"
    Hips: 39"

I'm so disgusted at how much I've grown in a mere 3 weeks that I'm off to workout right now!

Good luck everyone!
  • m0mofw4r
    m0mofw4r Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Ronda and I'll be starting 30DS today!!! I've had the DVD for over a year now, started it once but never made it to the second level. I'm also on week 4 day 2 of the Couch to 5K program so it'll be interesting to see how those two will mesh together. I can't tell you how excited I am about starting today! As of this morning, I am 0.8lbs away from my first goal weight so I'm hoping this will help me through that and on to the next one! Good luck everyone!
  • cchhome
    cchhome Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Carla. I am doing the 30 say shred (as well as I can). Day 1 was yesterday, and oh my, how sadly out of shape I am! Today, my shape feels like melted candle wax, just puddled there where I dropped in bed last night....to say I'm sore would be a bit of an understatement-it even hurts to type....very sad, I know. I have committed to trying to do this everyday, so, I will give it a go today again. Everybody starting out, let's keep on going!
  • cvillneauve
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Christi. I just found this group yesterday and I plan on starting this challenge Saturday. I have had this DVD for a couple of years and have not picked it up in a very long time. I enjoy it, even though it is very hard for me to do when starting out. I can tell it works by how it gets easier with time and effort. I am looking forward to using this tool to jump start my program. This is just what I need to enter the exercise world once again!
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I started 30DS on Monday (10/28). Plan to do level one until next Friday.

Ht. 5'3"
    Weight 204
  • juliette1677
    juliette1677 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm Juliette and completed day one of level one today! I had surgery 3 months ago and realized that I've put on 10 pounds during that time! Time to start taking it off!!

I turn 36 this month and I currently weigh 159 and I'm 5'2". My goal weight is 135. I'd like to loose at least 10 pounds this month with the 30DS.

I tend to have trouble staying consistent. I start strong, but then fizzle out when work or life gets busy. So, I'm looking forward to having this group to motivate me. I'm pretty new to MFP, so please add me as a friend.
  • shanni30
    shanni30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Shannon, a 30 year old mother of 2 (3 years and 5 months). I've been using MFP for a few months on and off. I've had the 30 DS DVD for several years, but have never tried the challenge before (used intermittantly with other DVDs and the Wii for quick at home workouts).
    Currently I'm on day 2, and I had to do 2/3 of the video with my 3 year old "exercising" along with me while the baby napped. But it got done!
    I'm also exercising 2 times per week at a gym, 30-40 mins of cardio and 10 mins of yoga for stretching and feeling good.
    I hope to lose 1 inch from each of my bust, waist and hips by the end of the shred.
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    I'm ashley and i have been off and on of MFP for a litle over a year now. Until now which i am at my heaviest weight do i really care about dropping the pounds. I'm starting 30DS for the second time because after i finished it the first time i felt like i didn't complete it the way that i should have and i didn't get the maximized results that i felt that i should have. This DVD is very tough and trust me i do want to turn it off but after the workout i just feel like a BEAST (:
  • jensdesk33
    jensdesk33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am starting the 30DS today. I am 42 with 3 teenagers, a new husband and a full time job. :) I am responsible for my weight gain over the last 6-7 years and I am responsible and in control of taking the steps to get back in shape! The denial is over and committment is the key!! I am excited to spend the next 30 days with you all, lets bring it!! :)

179640.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am Linda I am new on MFP. My goals on MFP are to lose 20lb, tone up,
    and learn a workout that works with my schedule that is real and doable.
    Group members can add me as a friend if you want. I am at level 1 on the
    Shred...
  • lenartn
    lenartn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great Attitude!! Welcome!
  • jaathai
    Options
    Hello all. I live and work in Thailand, but have been in the USA for the past 4 months assisting my parents after my dad underwent surgery. Since I've been here and out of my normal schedule and workout routine, I've gained approx 10 pounds! I've started 30 DS before, but have never finished it. I don't want to continue this weight gain, so I've decided to start this before the holidays come and hopefully jumpstart my metabolism again. I started level 1 today. Good luck to you all and thanks for the encouragement!
  • campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Taylor and I have been on MFP for about a year and a half, off and on. I recently got married and is trying to be proactive and not gain the honeymoon 15! Also I want to look fit and toned for our honeymoon that we're taking in January.