Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• ajackson129
    Options
    I'm new to mfp..I am 33 years old, I am a newlywed...had a beautiful beach wedding last summer, and I am a mom to an energetic 7 year old little girl. I have.been focused on working towards my goal since May 2012. I have 26 more pounds to go :-) This is the year I will finally reach my goal and maintain a healthy lifestyle!
  • stayc922
    stayc922 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm Stacey and I'm 30, I am single but have been in a committed relationship for 12 years until recently, thank goodness we have no children. I'm looking forward to losing weight so that I can be the person that I always knew I was meant to be!!! I have always been heavy and finally I am in a "do or die" situation for real. My health has taken a very serious downward tumble and I am determined to rise back up and conquer! Any advice and motivation is greatly appreciated and very much needed!!! My new mantra..."Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!"
  • akerrigan78
    Options
    I'm Andrea and 34. I'm happily married with an 18 month old son. I work F/T and I want to be healthier. This is not the heaviest I've been, but I'm tired of feeling this way. I've got a long road ahead of me. But I'm ready to do this. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  • desilou23
    desilou23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Desiree, and i turned 33 yesterday. i am a widowed mother to a 13 year old son, i have 4 step children, and 3 grandbabies. I have been over weight most of my life, but was diagnosed with PCOS last year. I am the heaviest I have ever been and I am tired of feeling bad about myself, looking forward to a change.
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey all I'm Monique and I'll be 31 in January. My weight has always been an issue bit no with some health scares I really need to change my lifestyle. Hope to make some new friends along the way :flowerforyou:
  • catjan
    catjan Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I'm new to MFP but not so new to being 30..........I'm 37
    I've been married for 14 years, I have 2 children, a dog, a rabbit, a fish and an old VW campervan.
    I'm a yo-yo dieter, currently wining my battle and almost at goal, BUT I'm very unfit
    I DO NOT want to be 40 and unhealthy so I'm trying to change but exercise has never been my friend!

I wish you all lots of healthy happy success
    Jx
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have been so neglecting this thread lately, so sorry babes!! :embarassed:

Welcome to the 30 Somethings group for those of you coming on these past several weeks!!! There are several of us actives on here so feel free to add us for additional support. Please feel free to start any posts/threads. wink

We will be starting a new 3 Month Self Challenge on Monday if any of you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just post on there.

Good luck on your journeys!!

Jo
  • vickmar8
    vickmar8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I` m Vicky,I`m 36.
    I used to be a yo-yo dieter but i want to change this.Since i stoped smoking i gained 25kg(55lbs) in few months by eating many sweets(this is my big weakness).For almost 7months i was trying to lose weight and when i joined MFP i found a help to this.

thank you,
    and wish to all of us
    reach our goals
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hello,
    I` m Vicky,I`m 36.
    I used to be a yo-yo dieter but i want to change this.Since i stoped smoking i gained 25kg(55lbs) in few months by eating many sweets(this is my big weakness).For almost 7months i was trying to lose weight and when i joined MFP i found a help to this.

thank you,
    and wish to all of us
    reach our goals
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Vicky! There are several of us actives on here so feel free to add us for additional support. Please feel free to start any posts/threads.
    We have just starting a new 3 Month Self Challenge if you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me. Good luck on your journey!!

Jo
  • praying4four
    praying4four Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Susan, I am 33 and a mother of 4 children; 8 yrs old to 2 yrs old. I have been putting on the pounds since college, I'd go up and down as I would diet but stayed arount 190 - 196 until recently, I am 5' 8". I had an IUD in place for birth control after my last child and gained 20 lbs of weight I lost 1 1/2 yrs ago and have since put on almost another 20 lbs. I am at my heaviest ever (except when I have been pregnant). I am ready to lose it all and look forward to show my before and after pictures along this journey! Looking forward to making some new friends along the way.
  • prettydorky82
    Options
    Hi all! I'm new here.... I did TDP a few years back and lost about 30 lbs like lightning, until they made the website very clunky with all the features and overwhelming with ads. After that I quit smoking and gained it all back. Now, I'm trying again. I haven't been fit since before I got pregnant and my son is nearly 9 now. I'm doing this for him and of course for me. I turned 30 in July, and I am glad there is a group here for this age group. I look forward to getting to know everyone!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group for those of you coming on these past several weeks!!! There are several of us actives on here so feel free to add us for additional support. Please feel free to start any posts/threads. :wink:

We have started a new 3 Month Self Challenge if any of you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Jo
  • gyenyame6
    Options
    Hi All ! I am 34; I had an ACL injury a few years ago that I was able to rehab back top health (no surgery) but I have not been able to get back to my ideal weight. Over the last few years, I have completed 2 half-marathons, Peachtree Road Races, and recently- the Zombie Run in Baltimore. In spite of being sporadically active, my personal struggle is consistent workouts, and maintaining a healthy diet. Several friends have had great success with this site, so I am hoping to learn lots of things, be motivated and motivate others. Excited to be here !!
  • sincerely4me1o0
    sincerely4me1o0 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    First of all I want to say that I am so glad I have found an active group! :happy: I am 32 and a SAHM and wife. I have 4 kids and an aunt who is recovering from a stroke. I feel like she is my chlid, lol. Happy to find this group and have some support in loosing this 127lbs. :bigsmile:
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Julie. I am going to be 37 on the 24th of this month. I am engaged and have 4 kids, 3 boys & 1 girl ages 12. 10, 4, and 14 months. I've been on a weight roller coaster most of my adult life. I've struggled to keep myself at a healthy weight, seems once I do get there, I stop doing everything I was doing to gain it all back. I don't want that this time. I want to get healthy and STAY healthy. I want to set good examples for my children and I want to be active with them.

I hope I can find a place with this group, haven't had much luck with groups lately as the ones I find end up not being very active.

Julie
  • Jpinson16
    Options
    Hello, I'm Jason. I am 35 and have twin sons that will be 2 next week. I was away from the gym for a while as they were born really premature but am now dedicated to get back into great shape. I live in Cincy and have 50 more days until my New Year's vacation to Jamaica....... that's motivation!

Happy to meet everyone and I hope this is a good place for motivation to stay focused.

Thanks,
    JP
  • wrighthousec
    Options
    Greetings my fellow 30-somethings!

I'll be turning 32 on 18 Nov and I'm down to my last 10 lbs. Losing/maintaining weight in your 30's takes a lil' more discipline compared to how is was in your 20's, at least that's my experience. Anyone out there able to relate?

Anyway, best wishes to you all in sticking to your healthy lifestyle and achieving your fitness goals...CHEERS!

-connie-
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I am 32 years old. Wow. That sentence is amazing to me. Part of me is like "I still have a ton of time!" and then another part is going "wait, what? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!"

I am a married working mom of twin nearly-12 year olds (they will be 12 on Nov 15) and a 10 month old son. That statement alone should tell you how much free time I have on my hands. Yup. So while life was busy making me it's ***** I somehow gained a bunch of weight which I initially lost through gastric bypass back in 2003. Now here I am almost 10 years later trying to get back to a healthier weight.

I live in Manchester NH which is slyly dubbed "ManchVegas" because it is a 'city' by NH standards. Lots of bars and clubs and pubs and such. Even a large arena for concerts and sport events. All of these things within mere minutes of my house. I wish I could get out and enjoy those things more. But between lack of time and sometimes finances I don't get out much.

Maybe through this site I can meet other goal-oriented people and be more social. Yay!

Feel free to add me. I'm looking to encourage and be encouraged. :wink:
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi Jason!
    Congrats on the twins! I also have twins (12 year old girls). Get ready for a busy but incredibly fun life ahead of you! :)

Amy
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group for those of you coming on this past week!!! There are several of us actives on here so feel free to add us for additional support. Please feel free to start any posts/threads.

We have started a new 3 Month Self Challenge if any of you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

The holidays are upon us so we gotta stay strong and mindful of our "grazing".

Jo
This discussion has been closed.