Like Minded Lushes - November 2012

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    A lot of vodka last night. I think I am in a rut and I need to kick my butt in gear.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Been a while since I have posted in this group of complete awesomeness....

It is Friday and come Monday I might think to keep it lush free... :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Robin, been there and done that...pull yourself up girl

I'm jealous of all the fun everyone is having. I'll be a working girl except for wine night.

Chloe, my mom says the same things to me.

It was nice to be cancelled for the extra shift this morning. I am 370 hours away from a raise and then in June I get another COLA raise of 3%. Maybe, it will ease things up around here. Our expenses just keep going up, up, up. My advice is 2, just 2 kids. 4 is way too many.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hang in there mama lush! :flowerforyou:
    Good to see Chris and auntiebk back here!
    The rest of you seem to be moderating or lushing as necessary.
    1 glass of wine and I threw the rest of the candy, which I don't even like but keep eating, OUT!

TGIF. I'm so worried about the husband with his job. Hoping for a weekend where we both can relax. Gunna be back in the 80s by Sunday so maybe some pool time.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I have been horrible at posting anything in the past month or so. I am so crazy busy at work it's driving me insane! By Friday, I definitely look forward to wine (& lots of it!). I cannot believe it's November already! The holiday season is practically upon us!

Hope everyone is doing well & enjoying lots of yummy drinks!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    I could do a sober January!

Zero last night...wasn't feeling it.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Kblue it's definitely exhausting having so many things go on right after another, looking forward to Monday for you =]

Chloe congrats on all those 0's love!!

Mama Lush I have definitely been there and it's still lingering. You can get through it though :smile:

Chris good to hear from you!!!

Nisi congrats on being so close to a raise, lets celebrate :drinker:

SoCal I hope everything works out with your husbands job and that you have a nice relaxing weekend :flowerforyou:

Bgrune hope things calm down for you soon and as far as I'm concerned the holiday season starts with Halloween :bigsmile:

Extra pretty sure I made up for anyone with 0's last night :noway:

I'm exhausted so not sure if we'll still be going out tonight but if we do it'll definitely be a come home and head to bed kind of night. Maybe I'll try to take a nap so hubs and I can have a nice date night even though he's got one foot in the "dog" house :grumble: Happy Friday lushes, here's to a nice weekend for all of us :smile:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Quiet Luhes out there. Last night was a mellow bottle of red to go with the lasagne dinner. I hop you all had a great Friday.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Didn't get too out of control last night....

Had a glass of wine while getting ready and 3 at dinner. Tonight we are staying in and I am making chili, probably just chill on the couch and finish up that bottle of wine I opened last night :drinker:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 2 beers and a shot.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Some people say they run-for-beer as a punchline. I say it, like, serious.................!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Too much last night. Going out with the in laws tonight so it'll be a mellow evening and probably early to bed.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Day 3 still alcohol free :smile: I weighed myself this morning and I put on weight in the last month, it must have been all the extra drinking I did in preparation for going alcohol free! :laugh:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Yvonne - Nice work on those 0's

Friday - After my Kahlua in my coffee I had a shot of vanilla rum
    Saturday - 2 Bloody Marys ( that picture Mama Lush posted must had talked to my sub-conscience) 2 glasses wine
    Sunday - 0

I have been craving sugar like crazy this past week. Bought a bunch of fruit this weekend so I am at least going to try to keep it natural instead of candy and tiramisu! The sugar in the alcohol is okay though ;)
  • extraordinary_machine
    Options
    A pumpkin beer with a double vanilla shot last night.

Right now, I'm drinking a Sunshine Wheat.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Kept it low key yesterday and was up bright and early this morning :smile: It's a very cool,crisp fall morning here without a cloud in the sky. So I'm currently simmering some homemade potpourri on the stove which has the house smelling of yummy spices, listening to Seriously Sinatra on Sirius XM and relaxing for a bit before doing laundry and vacuuming. Already took the Halloween decorations down and our house feels so bare now haha.

Husband is getting some work done and then we'll get some food and he'll head back to our home office to work while I do the housework.

Might have some wine tonight but I think I'd like to strive for 0's during the week again, unless the husband wants some beer or something. Not because of weight because I'm still fine on that point but I definitely feel less puffy when I cut down but weekends and special occasions are fair game :drinker:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday :smile:
  • extraordinary_machine
    Options
    Sounds like a good day, Kat.

Ugh, I have lush-related drama going on in my neighborhood. I'll spill when I'm on a computer. In related news, after my beer, I had 3 double red bull-vodkas...with cherry. Miraculously, I don't feel like *kitten*, but that's most likely due to the fact that I was up until 3. (or 2, really, because of lame-*kitten* DST)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Happy Sunday lushes.

nosalad.jpg
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 4 total - 6 oz of vodka
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, 7 glasses of wine
    Saturday, 2 beers
    Sunday, still considering

Total: 13 thus far

I'm thinking 2 to 3 drinks tonight...I ate horribly yesterday and today isn't much better. I need to get some meals plans going otherwise I eat like crap. No working out on Saturday or Sunday.

Robin, love the post...
  • mallory71
    mallory71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Saturday 2 glasses of wine
    Sunday 0

I'm hoping for a non lushy week but I'm not going to hold my breath!