October Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
167891012»

Replies

• anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    October Goal: Read Geneen Roth's "eating guidelines" early in the day each day to remind myself how to approach food and eating.

W, Oct 31

beatrix: 18
    The Binge: 13

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :frown: :frown: :smile: :smile: :smile: :frown: :smile: :smile: :smile: :frown: :frown: :frown: :smile: :frown: :smile: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :smile: :frown: :frown: :smile:

Good heavens, I'm so ready for this month to end and November to begin!

Here's to a good November challenge, everyone. :flowerforyou:

:heart: Daily Reminders--Geneen Roth's Eating Guidelines :heart:
    1. I will eat when I am hungry. (Truly hungry, body hungry not mind hungry)
    2. I will eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
    3. I will eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspaper, books, intense or anxiety producing conversation and music.
    4. I will eat only what my body wants. (Big difference from what your MIND wants!)
    5. I will eat until I am satisfied. (This is different than full.)
    6. I will eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
    7. I will eat with enjoyment, gusto, and pleasure.
    ❤ and...❤
    8. I will eat slowly.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    "I will eat only what my body wants. (Big difference from what your MIND wants!)" -Roth

I learned better what this means in October. On one of my binge days I was feeling so poorly; I had absolutely zero energy all day long because of my dietary choices.

For some reason this day I really thought of Roth's guideline about eating what the _body_ wants. My body was telling me that day that it did not want what I was giving it. My body (including my brain!) was not able to perform well based on what I was giving it. My mind sometimes wants to eat what the body doesn't want to eat. When I don't listen to my body, I suffer the consequences of lethargy and extreme uncomfortableness (not to mention having to deal with the emotional consequences of shame, frustration, and sadness). When I do give my body what it wants and needs, I enjoy the benefit of having the mental and physical energy to meet the my day's responsibilities, challenges, and goals.

I'll try to be more mindful of this in November.
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This is a great reminder!! I have fallen way off the wagon this month and had more days of feeling lethargic and uncomfortable than I can even count. I am determined to track all November. When I don't track binges it almost makes is worse. I am so glad it is the beginning of a new month!!!

"I will eat only what my body wants. (Big difference from what your MIND wants!)" -Roth

I learned better what this means in October. On one of my binge days I was feeling so poorly; I had absolutely zero energy all day long because of my dietary choices.

For some reason this day I really thought of Roth's guideline about eating what the _body_ wants. My body was telling me that day that it did not want what I was giving it. My body (including my brain!) was not able to perform well based on what I was giving it. My mind sometimes wants to eat what the body doesn't want to eat. When I don't listen to my body, I suffer the consequences of lethargy and extreme uncomfortableness (not to mention having to deal with the emotional consequences of shame, frustration, and sadness). When I do give my body what it wants and needs, I enjoy the benefit of having the mental and physical energy to meet the my day's responsibilities, challenges, and goals.

I'll try to be more mindful of this in November.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    So glad to move on to November!

Me: 27
    Binge: 4
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    October 2012

Diane: 19
    The Binge: 12

That right there is the completion of month #6 of this challenge in a row! :smile:
  • All4Norma
    All4Norma Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    October 2012

Me: 27
    The Binge: 4

And I am damn proud of myself! On to November!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    That right there is the completion of month #6 of this challenge in a row! :smile:
    I am glad you are keeping track!! It does not seem like it has been six months! WOW!!! Awesome!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of October 1, 2012: - Goal to remain mindful of not binging and when I do binge figure out why and what was going on when I binged. I also want to log it all. (25 or more days binge free)

Mollie - 23 :happy:
    The Binge - 8 (6, 8,12,16, 20, 21, 27, 28)

:heart: Daily Reminders--Geneen Roth's Eating Guidelines :heart:
    1. Eat when you are hungry. (Truly hungry, body hungry not mind hungry)
    2. Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
    3.Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspaper, books, intense or anxiety producing conversation and music.
    4. Eat only what your body wants. (Big difference from what your MIND wants!)
    5. Eat until you are satisfied. (This is different than full.)
    6. Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
    7. Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure.
    8. Eat slowly.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    It's November now....I'm waiting to see the November challenge up

But;

Mandi: 0

The Binge: 1

As of November 1st
  • mangohead100
    Options
    My current score:

Fabulous Me (Mangohead100): 27
    Binge: 4

Bring it on for November!
  • queenkd
    Options
    I happy for all of you that have put 0 binge days. I am still struggling

Me- 0
    Binge-5
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Good job everyone for the month of October!! Hope to see you on the November thread. Sorry I forgot to post the November thread, please see below link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/785536-november-challenge-me-vs-the-binge