November Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday peeps!!!

...Well the best time to check in is when you are having binges.

Keep up the good work and have a good week!!:flowerforyou:...

It's true that when I wasn't doing so well a few weeks ago, I avoided checking in every day. (I did keep up with my binges and _eventually_ posted the tally, but not every day.) Last month I could feel my avoidance (non)coping behavior really kicking in, in numerous ways. Not checking in was just one way.

I'll do my best to avoid avoidance this month. :smile:

Thanks for the encouragement, Mollie.
  • anorangie
    Options
    Through U, Nov. 4

beatrix: 4
    The Binge: 0

I'm going over my calories a bit, mostly due to high-cal restaurant food or prepared grocery deli food. Some is due to overeating, too. However, so far, no binge mindset--I have been spacing my eating experiences, focusing on eating when I'm hungry, and weighing and measuring my portions, especially for snack-y foods.

I have also been able to establish a better sleep/wake cycle, and I think this is helping me, too. I'm praying that I will be able to continue this routine!

Happy Monday, all. Here's to a healthy week. :flowerforyou:
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I didn't check in yesterday but it was a good day. Good weekend.

As of November 1:
    Greekygirl - 3
    The Binge - 1 (11/2)

I'm one of the ones who didn't finish the month of October because my binge days outweighed my non-binge days but I will stick with it this month! :smile:
  • suse33
    suse33 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    As of Nov 4:
    Me:2
    Binge:2
    We had a funeral this weekend and have been eating junk as we're coping with our nerves and grief. This week I am trying to get back into our daily routine.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of November 4, 2012:

Me: 0
    The Binge: 1 (11/4)
    Overate (100 cals or more): 2 (11/1: 579; 11/2: 295; 11/3: 688 )
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    As of Nov 4th:

ME - 4
    Binge - 0 (womp womp)

I've been doing so good with not bingeing or purging. I haven't done it since Sept and I only think about it every few weeks, not every day like I was.

I contribute it to going back on a new anti-depression med, eating good healthy things a few times a day, and keeping myself occupied at night when my normal binge time was (crocheting, reading, art journaling), and actually losing weight and fitting into clothes I couldn't before.

I'm just afraid that things are too good and that I will binge again and it'll be worse.
  • berumotto
    Options
    Me: 1
    The Binge: 4

I wish I could die. I would do anything to get out of this body.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options
    I didn't check in yesterday but it was a good day. Good weekend.

As of November 1:
    Greekygirl - 3
    The Binge - 1 (11/2)

I'm one of the ones who didn't finish the month of October because my binge days outweighed my non-binge days but I will stick with it this month! :smile:
    You can do it! :happy:
  • wendyzets
    Options
    me: 2
    Binge: 1

most of my binges are small, but they are done almost without me even paying attention.
    realized most of my binges happen while i am preparing my meals....eating extra while I wait for the microwave or toaster oven. today, eating ham for my half ham and cheese sandwich while i waited for my bread to toast. :( BUT, I did kick *kitten* at dinner with heating up the chili! Normally I would eat cold chili while my other chili heats up in the microwave. Tonight....didn't even lick the spoon :)

first day.....this may work...
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Day by day! This is how I started off last month. Tomorrow is a new day. Start fresh and forgive yourself. Hugs!!

• eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth-3
    Binge-2
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Me - 3
    Binge - 2 (11/1, 11/4)

No binge for me! This is the first time I'm really admitting my behaviors. I am working on how I feel emotionally because I want to be a success on this thread. Slow..but steady. Very low calories today..tomorrow I'm going to up my calories and make sure I get what I need. Right now, I just want to focus on not bingeing and not getting hungry.
    My mantra that's been helping me "Food is never an emergency"...I never need to stuff myself with as much food as possible, ever.
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Nov 5

Lisa -- 4
    Binge -- 1

Was SOOO hungry tonight. Tomorrow back on it.
  • mangohead100
    Options
    Powerful me!: 5
    Binge: 0
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

"Inner peace can be reached only when we practive forgivenss. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is therefore the means of correcting our misperceptions." Gerald Jampolsky

Tomorrow is a new day to keep trying. Success is never giving up!! Put today behind you and forgive yourself because no one is perfect.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012:

Mollie - 2
    The Binge - 3 (1, 2,4)

Logged it all - 4 (Goal 25 days or more)
  • jewel1013
    jewel1013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hum. Not sure to count as a binge. I am not going to so for today me: 1 binge: 0
    However, in confession I did eat a larger meal than I really needed at dinner. I'm sick. I'm about ready to say I have the flu. At any rate, I dont' feel well at all and so of course, thought of food. I was ordering a hamburger and was not not not going to get the cookie, but coudn't seem to walk out the door with out. ALl I could was think of that cookie. Oh food how you control me some days. There was a time I controlled food. I believe food is getting its revenge.

I'm not counting it because I don't feel disgusting, which is often how I feel after a binge. I eat when not not hungry and just keep shoving it down. TOday I was really hungry! Just didn't need as much as I ate. So that is my story for today and I'm sticking to it. :)
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well today is the first day I saw this challenge and I think its great. I will remember the best I can. (and thanks to this awesome site I know what to put :) )

Me- 1
    Binge- 4

Holy cow I need to get my butt in gear. Today was the first day that I haven't binged this whole time. Good luck all! Add me if you want I would love some support buddies for this. :)
  • kelbelzz
    kelbelzz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I keep forgetting about these challenges :( I'm going to try to continue with this one!
    So far,
    Me - 5
    ED - 0 :)

And I'm pleased to announce to all of y'all, it's been 66 days since i last binged or purged.
    Hope all is well <3
  • anorangie
    Options
    M, Nov. 5

beatrix: 5
    The Binge: 0