No more LNS in November

Options

Replies

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Me: 13*
    LNS: 0

**Kate** Last year, in December I went on a 30 day Sugar Free Challenge that lasted 59 days...I then found MFP and have been here ever since. Because of your physical activity I know you are not concerned about weight, but, your HEALTH...and your being aware of your bad eating habits and always re-determining to get back on track is AWESOME. Many people use it as an excuse to continue their binge...and then whoops...out of control. I've was that way for years, just hid it well by being "skinny fat"...and exercising. Now with my accountability here on MFP... I reduced to a weight below what I thought was comfortable for a long time...and the great Non Scale Victory is being rid of excess Body Fat I was carry under looking so good in clothes. Keep up the focus! Maybe a week of being off the sugar would help (sugar does create hunger)...cause you mentioned that when you ate badly it was the sugar. Just my 2 cents worth :happy:

**Dewdrop** How do we advertise? I went to search groups...for Late Night Snacking and our group came up second of two. I know this forum has helped me a LOT. Even if I may go a bit overboard BEFORE my 8pm deadline...I ABSOLUTELY have not LNS'd in over three months :glasses: ...It is simply my mindset now. :drinker:

It is 6:04pm San Francisco time now...and I won't eat for the rest of the night. I found this GRRREAT burrito place. Yum...it was great...and I did overindulged..but not to the point of sickness...which I used to do...soo THAT is another Non Scale Victory :bigsmile:

Have a grrreat evening Everyone...keep the FAITH and the FOCUS!!

Hugs, :heart:
    Deb
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone-
    Hurricane Sandy derailed my plans for starting this month's challenge on time. Fortunately, we sustained no damage, but were without power for 8 days and mfp went out the window with all my resolve. I needed and wanted comfort food at any hour especially to stay warm. Believing in better late than never, I'll start this challenge tonight and hope that next month I'll finally post for a full month.

Thanks dewdrop for always keeping us going. :flowerforyou: I really, really need this challenge. I have almost undone all my great progress from last year. Without the wedding as a goal, I'm just not so motivated and my metabolism is on super slow. So, I'm looking to get myself back on track and this challenge is a huge help.

Have a great day everyone and be good tonight. I'll be thinking about all of you as I struggle.:wink:
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Briefly posting:

Me: 12* - LNS: 2

Sore throat, light headache and a pile of things to do, so I'll write more at a later time.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    Me: 12
    LNS: 2
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Feel better dewdrop!:flowerforyou:
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Zaza, glad all is well!

Dewdrop, feel better!

ME: 14
  • debilang
    Options
    Me: 14*

**ZaZa** Thank you for sharing regarding your being okay from the devastation of Hurricane Sandy. Eight days is a long time without power, and glad things are better. Our resolve is ongoing, and the main thing is that you are here and re-determining. You have our support ALWAYS! :flowerforyou:

**Dewdrop** Yes...FEEL BETTER. My daughter is just getting over a cold and coming off of disability for foot surgery she *had* to work. She has got a few days off to rest...so please to the same. HUGS!
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Its way too early for me to be awake, grr. been awake since 3.30am!!

Trying to sort out Christmas day is stressing me out so I can't sleep. I will be working the day until about 3pm so was hoping to see my family after that but my husband can't bear to not be with his family all day long, so if i want to see him i need to scrap seeing my family. At the moment it feels the biggest deal but in reality its one tiny day. It shouldn't be that hard. I was hoping I could get out for my normal Christmas Day run but will have only run a marathon 2 days before so i should probably be resting my legs and actually try to be sociable :tongue:

With regards to LNS I am doing ok

me 13
    LNS 2

But as I said a day or two ago its the other snacking I need to cut back on too.

ZaZa blimey, poor you, 8 days without power. Don't stress at all. You can start a fresh now :flowerforyou:
    Debs amazing support as always and such an amazing run of no LNS;ing :drinker:
    Dewdrop, I hope you feel better soon
    gmukris, amazing, well done:smile:

well done everyone else :bigsmile:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 13* - LNS: 2

dinner by 7:30 was not an option, cos I got home late

Thank you, everyone, for your wishes, this is so very nice of you :heart:. I am well enough to be at work (which I am happy about). Throat still aches, so still uncomfortable, but I have just made myself a pot of camomile tea and, besides, we're just one day away from weekend :drinker: . So that is pretty good timing :wink:.

Kate, don't lose sleep over planning. Relax, take a deep breath and trust the thought that even spontaneous decisions have good outcome :smile:. Planning too much leads sometimes to bigger disappointments. The main part is to enjoy the spirit of the holidays and to have your dear ones happy, imo.

As for advertising, I just thought of putting up a post with the description of the challenge in which we invite people to join our group. We can then bump this post every now and then.
    Deb, experiment with googling for our challenge and see if it comes up. What happened to me is that I had "My topics" in my browser, got logged out and then the only topics that remained visible were the one not created under the LNS group. Dunno if I managed to explain this right.

Zaza, I am so happy to have you back :flowerforyou:. Glad Sandy wasn't too tough on you. Hope that all got into normal by now.

Hope you get up to a wonderful morning and day and enjoy the coming weekend. :heart: to all.
  • gmukris
    Options
    Me: 15

Have a great weekend everyone--I can't believe it's Thanksgiving next week!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 12
    LNS: 3

gmukris - that is AWESOME!

I think that's gotta be a record-place-holder right there!
  • debilang
    Options
    Me: 15*
  • debilang
    Options
    Me: 16*

Another difficult challenge to get through with no LNS. I am glad I have the habit now...but SOMETIMES! We are in Reno, Nv. this week-end visiting daughter and she remembered that I enjoyed Boston Baked Beans...THAT was a difficult food group to pass up...even DH said maybe I would have to forego my 8pm cutoff....but I was STRONG...:laugh: I am enjoying this morning after breakfast!! Yay!! Have a great day All..>Stay STRONG :bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Aaaggghhhh, book club. Booze and treats. Point does NOT go to me!

Me: 13
  • gmukris
    Options
    Me: 17
  • debilang
    Options
    Me: 17*

Having a grreat time in Reno...but DD and SIL bought me Boston Baked Beans for a snack during our stay this week-end, (one of my fave food groups)...I ate SOO much yesterday! Grrreat to have my 8pm cut off...cause...still FULL this morning LOL. Going home today...and will get back to "normal"...getting ready for the big Thanksgiving feast!!

**Dewdrop** Glad you are feeling better :flowerforyou:

Keep up the FOCUS everyone!! :drinker:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 14 - LNS: 3*

They got me the other night :ohwell: .
    Hope everyone's having a nice weekend.
    I am doing better, but still not so well - hope in a couple of days there will be no more trace of whatever this was - cold/flu.

:flowerforyou: keep up the good work, everyone
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 15* - LNS: 3
    :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    For all of you who STILL have "0's" up in the LNS column - I SALUTE YOU! Great job!!

Me: 15
  • gmukris
    Options
    Me: 18