DL: 110lbs --> 115lbs
    BSS: 35lbs-->45lbs
    ULPD: 90lbs --> 90lbs
    Reverse lunge: 10lbs each -->15 lbs each
    Cuban Snatch: 10lbs each -->12.5lbs each
    swiss ball crunch 25-->35
    reverse crunch 15 -->20Lateral flexion: did them
    didn't do prone cobra

not a lot of increase in weights. glad to be on to stage 5 - i started that today
  • NthnButMoonshine
    NthnButMoonshine Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Started Stage 4 today. A bit later than I had planned, but my son decided to share his cold bug with the household. You know how that goes. Still not feeling 100%, but getting there. Cant say that Im glad to see a repeat of Stage 2 all over again. Although I am super happy to see that FSPP and WGDL. Those are fun. I cut the step ups and plank down to 2 set each. Im about over the both of those already. Everything else I kept at 3 sets for workout A.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I see some familiar faces from previous stages. I'm starting stage 4 today. :)
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    Finished 4A2 this morning. Glad to be that much closer to done with stage 4. Cant say Im feeling the love for the return of stage 2. Certain parts I like, but in a way I feel kind of disappointed because there is nothing new to learn. I miss the challenge and novelty of something new I guess. Anywho, I reckon Ill suffer through it and move on to stage 5 with glee.

A week ago I decided to up my calories a bit and see what happened. Well, for the last week Ive been sleeping better and I dropped a whopping single pound on the scale. Not sure what to make of the weight loss, but the sleep is more than welcome. I reckon Ill keep going with the new calorie range and see where it lands me with the tape measure at the end of stage 4.
  • ebaymommy
    Options
    Ah, I'm so very, very happy! I *hated* the Bulgarian Split Squats in stage 2. They really hurt when I did them with my left leg out. I was having tons of problems back in September with IT band, hip, low back issues. Thankfully I've been straightened out (literally) by a few visits to the chiropractor. I did workout B yesterday and found that I can now do this move with no pain on the left side and MUCH greater range of motion. Yay for small victories!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    Ah, I'm so very, very happy! I *hated* the Bulgarian Split Squats in stage 2. They really hurt when I did them with my left leg out. I was having tons of problems back in September with IT band, hip, low back issues. Thankfully I've been straightened out (literally) by a few visits to the chiropractor. I did workout B yesterday and found that I can now do this move with no pain on the left side and MUCH greater range of motion. Yay for small victories!

Yeah for small victories indeed!!!

One more of each and Im moving on...cant wait. I really am not enjoying the return of stage 2. Bring back the snatches!! LOL!
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Started Stage 4 on Sunday. Going to do the first 4B workout on Wednesday. The workouts are taking a longer time and I have to work to schedule them in!.
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    Finished my last A today. With any luck Ill finish the last B on Friday. Debating a week off or continuing on without.
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    Last B on Friday didnt happen. Youngest came down with some kinda bug again. Ill be so glad when we are finished with the first year of school. My eldest keeps bringing EVERYTHING home. It seems like we are constantly sick around here. Anywho, looks like tomorrow will be my last B. Ill probably skip the week off and head straight into Stage 5.
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Starting stage 4 tonight. Looks like alot of people just finished up this stage so I may be alone for a while. I'm looking forward to stage 4 because I was so bored with stage 3.
  • ebaymommy
    Options
    Starting stage 4 tonight. Looks like alot of people just finished up this stage so I may be alone for a while. I'm looking forward to stage 4 because I was so bored with stage 3.

I'm still here! I took a week off smack in the middle of Stage 4 because we were traveling for Thanksgiving. Back home and just did my 3rd "A" workout of this stage and ouch I'm sore today after that week off.
  • perfect10isha
    Options

I'm still here! I took a week off smack in the middle of Stage 4 because we were traveling for Thanksgiving. Back home and just did my 3rd "A" workout of this stage and ouch I'm sore today after that week off.

Glad to see I've got some company over here!

I took off a few days before I started stage 4 due to the holiday as well so A and B left me pretty sore. I knew I would be sore when I started feeling some stiffness later the same day of the workout. I'm going to Palm Springs for a weekend getaway with hubby for our anniversary so I may be taking another few days off before I get my next workout in. I'm going to bring my workout clothes with me, but with a 3 year old and a 10 month old at home all I can think about is sleeping the entire weekend... I'll probably only be woken up for alcohol and good food :drinker: ... maybe even some "quality time" with my better half :blushing: .
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm starting Stage 4 on Monday. Soooo glad Stage 3 is over. I won't say I was bored because I got quite a workout. I just didn't like it much. So I'm actually looking forward to good 'ole Stage 2 exercises again.

Have fun in PS and Happy Anniversary. I have a 3 year old and a 10 year old. I would kill for a getaway!!

I'm TRYING to start training for a 1/2 marathon so my plan is to cut back weight liftin to 2x/week instead of 3. I have been doing 3x/week since I started, so I have get my brains around this concept. I LOVE lifting. Not too keen on running, but I'm doing it for a friend and to prove I can do it, so...
  • ebaymommy
    Options
    Hey there! I'm starting Stage 4 on Monday. Soooo glad Stage 3 is over. I won't say I was bored because I got quite a workout. I just didn't like it much. So I'm actually looking forward to good 'ole Stage 2 exercises again.

Have fun in PS and Happy Anniversary. I have a 3 year old and a 10 year old. I would kill for a getaway!!

I'm TRYING to start training for a 1/2 marathon so my plan is to cut back weight liftin to 2x/week instead of 3. I have been doing 3x/week since I started, so I have get my brains around this concept. I LOVE lifting. Not too keen on running, but I'm doing it for a friend and to prove I can do it, so...

You can totally do it!

I'm a distance runner at heart (I've got 6 marathons under my belt) but after 2 fulls, 2 half-marathons and countless other shorter races this year AND dealing with some injuries....I needed a break. I'm really enjoying NROLFW and love how strong I'm getting. I think overall it will make me an even better runner. I have done some lifting in the past (but not this heavy) and every time I focus on getting stronger my running improves.

Do be prepared to cut back on your lifting as your running program picks up, though. I am generally able to do 2x a week lifting through most of my race training programs UNTIL it gets to the last 6-8 weeks when the mileage is high and then it's time to taper for the race. Then I usually go down to just once a week and sometimes not at all until after race day.
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi ladies! Coming in from stage 3 and I'm doing the happy dance—not a fan of stage 3! I'm kind of excited the bulgarian split squat is back. I hate it and love it at the same time. Anyway, just a big HELLO!
  • ebaymommy
    Options
    Well, I had a totally blahhhhhh end to Stage 4. Last Friday when I was doing the B workout I hurt my back on the deadlifts. Probably I should have rested more but I was already signed up for a 10 mile road race on Saturday. So it's been slowly getting better but definitely not 100% yet. I did my last 2 A & B workouts this week and I had to back off on some of the weights to accommodate my back.

Anyway, here's my Stage 4 stats (1st # is what I ended with for weights on stage 2, 2nd # is beginning weight for Stage 4, 3rd # is ending weight for stage 4):

Workout A
    Front Squat Push Press : 50lbs / 50lbs / 60lbs
    Step-Up : 60lb / 65lb / 70lb (weights on bar on my back using an aerobic step with 6 risers underneath)
    Dumbbell 1 pt row : 30lbs each hand / 30lbs each hand / 33.75lbs each hand
    Static Lunge Rear Foot Elevated : 50lbs / 55lbs / 60lbs
    Push Up : floor / floor / t-push ups with 3lb weights in hand
    Plank : 90 seconds / 120 seconds / 120 seconds (all times done with feet on bench, arms on stability ball and alternating one foot up for a 3pt plank)
    Cable Horizontal Wood Chop : 52.5lbs / 55lbs / 62.5lbs

Workout B
    Wide Grip Deadlift from Box : 100lb / 100lb / 110lb
    Bulgarian Split Squat : 35lb / 35lb / 42.5lb
    Underhand Grip Lat Pulldown : 85lb / 90lb / 97.5lb
    Reverse Lunge from Box : 25lb dumbbells each hand / 25lb each hand / 28.75lb each hand
    Dumbbell prone Cuban Snatch : 8.75lb dumbbells each hand / 10lb dumbbells / 12.5lb dumbbells (proud of this one - one guy at my gym commented while I was doing this one that I was "doing great" and he could only use 10lb weights when he did that move)
    Swiss Ball Crunch : did variations of holding things over my head (medicine ball, dumbbells, another stability ball)
    Reverse Crunch : tried to get better at doing an incline reverse crunch - hard!
    Lateral Flexion : did the swiss ball flexion/side crunch
    Prone Cobra : did 120 freaking seconds each set. Longest 2 minutes ever....
  • aquajen77
    Options
    I started stage 4 today and was determined to do well on the Front Squat Push Press. Last time they appeared, I really messed up my wrists and ended up at the chiropractor. Today I wore wrist wraps and succeeded in doing 2 sets of 45 lbs. So far my wrists feel fine!
  • perfect10isha
    Options
    Nicely done, you made some great gains. And you killed those planks by the way, planks are currently my kryptonite!
    Well, I had a totally blahhhhhh end to Stage 4. Last Friday when I was doing the B workout I hurt my back on the deadlifts. Probably I should have rested more but I was already signed up for a 10 mile road race on Saturday. So it's been slowly getting better but definitely not 100% yet. I did my last 2 A & B workouts this week and I had to back off on some of the weights to accommodate my back.

Anyway, here's my Stage 4 stats (1st # is what I ended with for weights on stage 2, 2nd # is beginning weight for Stage 4, 3rd # is ending weight for stage 4):

Workout A
    Front Squat Push Press : 50lbs / 50lbs / 60lbs
    Step-Up : 60lb / 65lb / 70lb (weights on bar on my back using an aerobic step with 6 risers underneath)
    Dumbbell 1 pt row : 30lbs each hand / 30lbs each hand / 33.75lbs each hand
    Static Lunge Rear Foot Elevated : 50lbs / 55lbs / 60lbs
    Push Up : floor / floor / t-push ups with 3lb weights in hand
    Plank : 90 seconds / 120 seconds / 120 seconds (all times done with feet on bench, arms on stability ball and alternating one foot up for a 3pt plank)
    Cable Horizontal Wood Chop : 52.5lbs / 55lbs / 62.5lbs

Workout B
    Wide Grip Deadlift from Box : 100lb / 100lb / 110lb
    Bulgarian Split Squat : 35lb / 35lb / 42.5lb
    Underhand Grip Lat Pulldown : 85lb / 90lb / 97.5lb
    Reverse Lunge from Box : 25lb dumbbells each hand / 25lb each hand / 28.75lb each hand
    Dumbbell prone Cuban Snatch : 8.75lb dumbbells each hand / 10lb dumbbells / 12.5lb dumbbells (proud of this one - one guy at my gym commented while I was doing this one that I was "doing great" and he could only use 10lb weights when he did that move)
    Swiss Ball Crunch : did variations of holding things over my head (medicine ball, dumbbells, another stability ball)
    Reverse Crunch : tried to get better at doing an incline reverse crunch - hard!
    Lateral Flexion : did the swiss ball flexion/side crunch
    Prone Cobra : did 120 freaking seconds each set. Longest 2 minutes ever....
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Ebaymommy - congrats on finishing!!! And thank you for the advice re: running. I wish I could get my heart into this. I can run and have off and on for 20 years, but don't consider myself a "runner." It's still a chore to me most days. But I'm doing this for a friend and I also want to prove to myself I can do it. I'm usually OK after the first mile; it's just getting my clothes on and getting out the door that's the problem. :) I can't figure out how often I need to run. 3X/week + 1 long run seems like SO MUCH RUNNING to me. I'd prefer 2 days/week + 1 long run. Your thoughts?

AquaJen - great job with the FSPPs. Good idea wearing the wrist wraps (I might try that). I've only done one A workout so far, but I felt like I did the FSPP much better than before (still can't do more than 55 lbs though).

Perfect10isha - I'm right there with ya on the planks. It's the ONE thing I cannot do the entire 2 minutes. I made it to 90 seconds. That's it. Wasn't a problem for me when they were 60 seconds, but 120??? Whoooeee. Tough.

Megan - Welcome!! I like the BSS too. LOL

I completed my first B workout today. Totally rocked the Bulgarian split squat!! :) Does anyone else feel like they can do these moves so much easier/better than when we initially encountered them in Stage 2? It feels good to know I'm getting stronger!

-Kathy
  • perfect10isha
    Options

I completed my first B workout today. Totally rocked the Bulgarian split squat!! :) Does anyone else feel like they can do these moves so much easier/better than when we initially encountered them in Stage 2? It feels good to know I'm getting stronger!

-Kathy

Yes, I agree. The moves are MUCH easier the second time around. Yesterday I decided to push myself more than usual (I typically play it safe with weight increases) and jumped from 65 lbs to 75 lbs on the FSPP and nailed it! I was feeling like such a bad *kitten*. I think I even grunted a little :glasses: