3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Ok so lost my mucus plug this morning and ever since everyone has been waiting for the baby to come. No one understands that it is no guarantee that labor is going to happen it could still be days and weeks away. Still not stopping everyone from making their predictions. My husband thinks we will be going in tonight in the middle of the night. Who knows still feel fine no contractions or any new pain. I am still supposed to work Mon and Tues this week hopefully I can make it. Keep you posted.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Ok so lost my mucus plug this morning and ever since everyone has been waiting for the baby to come. No one understands that it is no guarantee that labor is going to happen it could still be days and weeks away. Still not stopping everyone from making their predictions. My husband thinks we will be going in tonight in the middle of the night. Who knows still feel fine no contractions or any new pain. I am still supposed to work Mon and Tues this week hopefully I can make it. Keep you posted.

Best to you! Hopefully your baby will come soon so you can start enjoying your new family member :)
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

So true! You just never know! but i will have to add that people make me so much more anxious than I already am when they do that!
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Good luck to you....whenever it happens!! ;)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

best of luck to you!! keep us posted!! :)) I agree, I am 6wks away from due date and people are constantly annoying me and asking me if I am almost due. Ugh. Its like, no, I wasn't ready last week and I won't be ready for another 3wks. LOL
  • cocolo89
    Options
    I am getting really tired of making sense of this pregnancy weight gain. I have been doing fairly well logging and I seem to gain 1.5-2lbs a week now!!! That shot wayyyy up, I used to average .5-1lb a week. Boo hoo. I wanna cry,
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am getting really tired of making sense of this pregnancy weight gain. I have been doing fairly well logging and I seem to gain 1.5-2lbs a week now!!! That shot wayyyy up, I used to average .5-1lb a week. Boo hoo. I wanna cry,

There is no sense to pregnancy weight gain!!!! Our bodies just seem to have a predetermined amount it feels it needs for the baby
  • blink1021
    Options
    Well the doctor pulled me from work today. He told me enough is enough today and that I need to rest instead of worrying about my job. Somehow I lost 4lbs from Thursday to today. Who knows I just hate being confined. Never did get the temp trained my husband told me I shouldn't worry, but I do its my job and my responsibility but my boss did wait forever to bring a temp in to train her so I hope he has fun. She is still really high so even if he induced me it would be a long and painful delivery so I will be waiting baking christmas cookies.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I thought I would finally share my birth story...hope it's not too long.

My water broke at 3am on 11/24, so we got to the hospital around 4am. When I got there I was fully effaced and only 1cm dilated still. The contractions were bad, but continued to get worse. Around 11am (still 1cm), the doctor suggested I start pitocin. I agreed to this because I was afraid if I didn't progress I would have to have a c-section. After about 3 hours of increasingly painful contractions and pitocin, I was still only 1cm!! Part of that was due to a LEEP I had had previously. So after that I opted for the Nubaine. At some point I was finally at 3 cm, but progressing very slowly. I eventually agreed to the epidural because they wanted to go in and massage the scar tissue to help my cervix open. Fastforward to midnight, now 11/25, I was finally 10cm and was ready to start pushing. I pushed for about 2 1/2 hours and he was moving but I couldn't get him over my pelvic bone. The doctor said I could keep trying but it didn't look very hopeful. At this point, we were 23 hours into my water breaking and they didn't want to go beyond 24 hours and I was exhausted!!! So I agreed to the c-section. Even with the epidural (which was decreased during pushing) there was so much pressure! Around 3am I was prepped for the c-section. Miles was born at 3:02am on 11/25/12, and was just perfect. Hubby got to hold him and take him back up to the room.

Now for the other part, which of course I do not really remember. I remember after I was all closed up, they expelled blood and checked my uterus. I lost more blood than I should have and my uterus would not firm up. At that point, they put me under general. They tried 4 different drugs to try to help with bleeding and to firm the uterus, but nothing worked. I guess there was one last chance before a hysterectomy would have to be done...and luckily it worked. I'm not sure about the logistics but she had to put multiple stitches in my uterus to stop the bleeding, which worked! I remember kind of waking up in recovery. I didn't get back up into my room until almost 8am, so it was almost 5 hours. I am kind of glad I didn't know what was going on at the time, but it was really hard for my husband and parents (I'm balling now typing this!). But in the end everything worked out OK, my hemoglobin was low for a few days, but is now good. Most importantly Miles was super healthly and we are now both doing great. So if I have another child it will have to be a c-section. My uterus and cervix just were not cooperative!! There is my story :)
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

My water broke at 3am on 11/24, so we got to the hospital around 4am. When I got there I was fully effaced and only 1cm dilated still. The contractions were bad, but continued to get worse. Around 11am (still 1cm), the doctor suggested I start pitocin. I agreed to this because I was afraid if I didn't progress I would have to have a c-section. After about 3 hours of increasingly painful contractions and pitocin, I was still only 1cm!! Part of that was due to a LEEP I had had previously. So after that I opted for the Nubaine. At some point I was finally at 3 cm, but progressing very slowly. I eventually agreed to the epidural because they wanted to go in and massage the scar tissue to help my cervix open. Fastforward to midnight, now 11/25, I was finally 10cm and was ready to start pushing. I pushed for about 2 1/2 hours and he was moving but I couldn't get him over my pelvic bone. The doctor said I could keep trying but it didn't look very hopeful. At this point, we were 23 hours into my water breaking and they didn't want to go beyond 24 hours and I was exhausted!!! So I agreed to the c-section. Even with the epidural (which was decreased during pushing) there was so much pressure! Around 3am I was prepped for the c-section. Miles was born at 3:02am on 11/25/12, and was just perfect. Hubby got to hold him and take him back up to the room.

Now for the other part, which of course I do not really remember. I remember after I was all closed up, they expelled blood and checked my uterus. I lost more blood than I should have and my uterus would not firm up. At that point, they put me under general. They tried 4 different drugs to try to help with bleeding and to firm the uterus, but nothing worked. I guess there was one last chance before a hysterectomy would have to be done...and luckily it worked. I'm not sure about the logistics but she had to put multiple stitches in my uterus to stop the bleeding, which worked! I remember kind of waking up in recovery. I didn't get back up into my room until almost 8am, so it was almost 5 hours. I am kind of glad I didn't know what was going on at the time, but it was really hard for my husband and parents (I'm balling now typing this!). But in the end everything worked out OK, my hemoglobin was low for a few days, but is now good. Most importantly Miles was super healthly and we are now both doing great. So if I have another child it will have to be a c-section. My uterus and cervix just were not cooperative!! There is my story :)

Wow! What a story. Thank you for sharing!!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

WOW! That had to have been traumatizing for your husband!!!!! I'm so glad you're okay and that you didn't have to have a hysterectomy!! Thank you for sharing, I've been wondering about your story :)
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Chickybuns - congrats on the arrival of Miles. Sorry to hear about all the other scary stuff you had to go through, though. So glad that everything worked out in the end. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • blink1021
    Options

Thanks for sharing. Crazy time glad you didn't know what was going on it was scared the pants off me. Can't imagine hope you aren't in too much pain. How big/small was he?
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congats, Chickybuns!! I'm glad everything turned out okay for you, baby Miles, and your family. Sounds like a crazy labor, but I'm truly happy it all worked out. Now, onto the fun part of enjoying that baby:)
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

Im so sorry that the labor was so rough and you had those complications, but very glad you and miles are doing well now. Sounds like your doctor is a gift from God
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    chickybuns - Congrats on the new baby Miles :) and wishing you the best recovery!
    I'm happy to hear that you and baby are now safe...! Luckily we have some good medical services nowadays - wooh, what a ride you had!
  • cocolo89
    Options

Super scary! I can't imagine how hard that would be on the family to go threw that. Glad the procedure worked and you didn't have to have a hysterectomy. Sorry about all the chaos. I bet you are in a lot of pain, prayers for you to get better and feeling better. Take it easy momma. You are amazing! Most important part is that both you and Miles are doing good and that's great news!! Looking forward to hearing updates on your status! :))
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. He was 9lb 3oz, he was 8lb 6oz when he left and back up to 8lb12oz 2 days later, so I think he's doing well with that. Recovery has been rough, but it is much better now. I feel that I'm almost back to myself, and am ready to lose weight now! Luckily a little over 30lbs has come off 9 days Post partum, but I gained around 60. I am not in a hurry, I know it will take some time!
  • blink1021
    Options
    Thanks ladies. He was 9lb 3oz, he was 8lb 6oz when he left and back up to 8lb12oz 2 days later, so I think he's doing well with that. Recovery has been rough, but it is much better now. I feel that I'm almost back to myself, and am ready to lose weight now! Luckily a little over 30lbs has come off 9 days Post partum, but I gained around 60. I am not in a hurry, I know it will take some time!

Who can say 30lbs in 9 days that is fantastic hopefully it will only be toning left when you can really get back to it.
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    chickybuns-congrats on the arrival of your little man! Glad to hear that everything is okay!