Let's get to know eachother -- Self-introduction

Options

Replies

• NikkiC35
    Options
    Hi, my name is Nicole. My friends call me Cole. I am 36 years old and weigh 236 now. i want to lose 90 pounds. I have a 6 year old boy named Christian. My biggest weakness is sodas, especially fanta. I cannot drink diet sodas as the artificial stuff hurts my stomach. I am having a hard time weaning myself off of them. I am attending CSU for health science. I have 11 classes left.

I want to learn new things like horse riding, gardening, better at coupons, just a lot of things that I want to try.

Food= german
    Tv show= Grey's anatomy
    Color=red
    Hobby= working with animals, crafts, home improvements,
    Place to visit= Italy
    Work outs= turbo jam, zumba, walking
    Live in Georgia
  • nmglay
    nmglay Posts: 69
    Options
    7173741208bdfea51b7e6f30ad80e1cd_zps6bf0de41.jpg
  • nmglay
    nmglay Posts: 69
    Options
    I tried posting a pic from photobucket but I guess it didn't work...sorry! Fixed it but part cut off and don't know how to fix. Things are different on an iPad.
  • healthymein2013
    healthymein2013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Vanessa- I'm a huge American Horror Story fan as well. I make my husband stay in the living room while I watch it. I'm a big scarty cat, but I love it!!!
  • MizManda180
    MizManda180 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Amanda. I am from Eugene, Oregon. I am looking to lose at least 35 pounds in the next 10 weeks.
    My favorite color is Yellow.
    My favorite season is Spring.
    I have a lot of favorites for TV Shows, New Girl, The Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy, Glee, American Horror Story.
    My favorite book is Election by Tom Perrotta.
    I enjoy photography.
    I really enjoy Jillian Michaels 90 Day Body Revolution.
    I am a full time student majoring in Human Services and getting my certificate in Drug and Alcohol counseling.

Feel free to add me! I am always looking for new friends.
  • MizManda180
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Heather & I'm SO excited and SO motivated to get to my goal. I'm 24 years old & haven't spent my early 20's healthy & fit! I'm hoping to change that well before I hit 25, so that I can enjoy the rest of my 20's.

Ok now for some rambling:

I'm from California, but now live in Oregon. My favorite color is purple. I love spring & fall.. but warm summer weather is awesome & snow in winter is beautiful! I just enjoy having seasons.

:P I don't pay for cable, but have Netflix & Hulu.. sooo not a huge TV nerd, more of a movie buff. :) I love science fiction/fantasy books but definitely dabble in a little bit of everything. I'm starting to collect my favorite 'reads' and create a nice little library at home.

I'd say my main 'hobby' is also my job.. I work from home as a concept artist for my fiance's company. I draw -a lot- .. basically every day & all day if I can lol. I'm currently a student at a local art academy and should be graduating in 2014/15. I enjoy video games of all genres. As for MMO's, I'm currently playing GW2 when I have the time. Used to play a lot of WoW & SWTOR.

I've always loved travel but have never been out of the US. If I could pick anywhere to go right now, it would have to be the Greek islands... sooo gorgeous! I'm engaged to the man of my dreams (whom I've been dating for 8 years.) We are planning on tying the knot June, 2013. The upcoming date & our impending tropical honeymoon has *realllly* kicked my butt into gear.

I started my journey in Spring/Summer 2012 with sooo much to learn & a lot of weight to lose. Recently I discovered I had issues with my thyroid and have been treating it with natural methods; detoxified iodine, etc. I'm so excited to say it's actually working for me, and weight loss has become possible again.

To date, I've lost 32 pounds & hope to make it 40 pounds by early January. I'm committed to eating healthy foods. I really enjoy exercise, but have an old back injury that limits me a little. I love swimming/walking/hiking/lifting.

I'm always up for adding new friends on here, so feel free to send me a request. :-) Happy almost New Years!

I play GW2 and WoW as well, not so much any more, I used to be quit addicted :)
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am a 34 year old mother of three from the UK. I have lost 42lbs (3 stone) during 2012 and gone down from a UK size 20 to a UK size 14. I want to lose another 14lbs in order to be within the healthy BMI range. If I could do that before Easter it would be fantastic.

As well as keeping my calories in check I try to be as active as I can. I walk to work and back every day, swim once or twice a week, cycle, do yoga, and am part way through C25k.

I also love to read (especially classics) and knit. Oh, and bake - but I'm not doing that quite so much now as I tend to eat too much of what I make!
  • MizManda180
    Options
    Vanessa- I'm a huge American Horror Story fan as well. I make my husband stay in the living room while I watch it. I'm a big scarty cat, but I love it!!!

Me too!
  • JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello Bri. I was doing Insanity, but have give it up for the 3rd time. I just can't keep interested. In completing it. Best of luck.
    Hey all! I'm Bri. I'm a 28 year old (will be 29 when the challenge officially starts) mother and teacher. I am hoping to lose between 10 and 15 pounds during the challenge. This should bring me pretty close to my ultimate goal of 130 pounds!

I am from Erie, PA and actually teach in the same school district I went to. I currently teach Learning Support (Special Education) for grades 4-6. I absolutely love my job, even though it can be super stressful and frustrating. I finished my Master's degree this past August, and now I'm working on getting my Leadership Certification (to be a Principal or Supervisor of Special Education). My ultimate goal is to get my PhD and teach on a college level. I have a 3 year old daughter, who keeps me on my toes! I'm still working to lose all the weight I gained while pregnant.

A little bit more about me:
    Favorite color: Orange
    Favorite season: Fall
    Favorite food: Homemade bruschetta (I could easily eat an entire baguette worth of bread along with it!)
    Favorite TV series: There are several I watch on a weekly basis including Grey's Anatomy, Glee, and Smash
    Books: I like to read a little of everything. I just finished Sylvia Day's "Reflected in You." Before that I read "Jane Eyre." And I just started "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green.
    Hobbies: Working out, running, and making cake pops

If I could travel anywhere it would be to Ireland. Both my family and my husband's family have some Irish roots and I've always been interested by the culture. Plus, I've heard it is absolutely gorgeous!

I'm currently working my way through the Insanity program and I really like it. In the past I've tried both 30 Day Shred and P90x. Both worked ok, I just couldnt get interested.
  • JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Jamie, i'm 32,married and a mom of 2 boys. I spend a lot of time at baseball games and baseball practices for the kids. I love anything to do with the outdoors. I love hunting and fishing and walks through nature. I don't have a lot of free time to sit and watch T.V. which is a good thing I suppose. I'm 5'5 and my weight seems to flucate between 139-143 right now. I started out at 214.8 in January of 2010 and I have an ultimate goal of 120.
  • skynadia
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm Nadia. 25 years old.
    I'm from Russia, but now live in Finland. I'm sound engineer and really enjoy to work with music.
    I'm hoping to lose 12-15 pounds in 10 weeks. Now I have 213 pounds, I've already lost 24.
    I like skydiving, skiing, swimming and I'd like to start play tennis (I'm looking for somebody to play with, my boyfriend doesn't want)
    Also I play in WOW (I really like pvp) and every day walk 40-70 min with my dog.
    My favourite color is green.
    I like very much sea food and pasta.
    Feel free to add me ;)
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Jackie. Milwaukee, WI 32yr old 5'11 even though I'm probably 6'0 but I'll claim to be "that" tall. :blushing:
    Mother of 3 children. 11, 6, 2.5. Starting Weight while working full-time at a Mortgage Co and doing to school 4 nights a week was 200lbs. Current weight: 178. Goal Weight: 150-160 depending on how I feel my body looks. Finished with my Associates and now that work is super busy I'm trying to get healthier and fit...Going to attempt the C25K when the weather gets nice.

Color: Purple
    Season: Summer
    Food: Italian
    Shows: Currently: Law & Order SVU, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad... Used to religiously watch Private Practice, Grays Anatomy. But not to much anymore.
    Travel: Toyko
    Pets: Crested Geckos (Hubbys)
    Workouts: Was on P90X but that got boring and I sucked at that. 30DS is what I am trying to finish for the 3rd attempt. Never completed it yet.
    Games: I used to play MMORPGs just don't have the time anymore. But FFXI is where I met my Husband. Been together for almost 8 years now thanks to Final Fantasy. :heart:

Anyway, feel free to add me if you'd like. I can always use the extra motivation. Some days I don't eat well but I still try to work it off or do better the next day. :flowerforyou:
  • CoffeeAndRunningShoes
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Tak, and I would like to lose 15 lbs by the end of the challenge. I still have a few weeks so I will wait to post my starting weight until January 1st.

I am 22, married and live in lovely Colorado. I work full time at Wal-Mart while I am going to college for a degree in history education. I don’t have a favorite color though I am partial to the blue green purple end of the spectrum. I adore fall and always get bummed out when winter comes.

My favorite food is peanut butter, but it has to be the old-school kind with just peanuts and a little salt. My favorite television series is Doctor Who. I am so impatient for the Christmas special to air. My favorite books series is probably still Harry Potter. I don’t really have a particular hobby. I like to read if that counts. That sounds incredibly nerdy but I would rather curl up with Austen than knit any day of the week.

If I could visit anywhere in the world it would probably be Greece. I love history (obviously since I am getting my degree in it) and Greece is just one of those places you HAVE to go. Greece was arguably one of the most influential civilizations of all time: philosophy, mathematics, political discourse, democracy, theater and science were all revolutionized by the ancient Greek civilization.

My favorite workout routines include anything that I can trick myself into not thinking of it as working out. I like aerobic dancing and jogging outside. If I am on a treadmill, forget it.

Peanut Butter Rules!! so wish it was healthy.. Can't even keep that stuff in the house.. i dont know what you mean by old school pb though? lol

I meant the kind that is just peanuts and salt. Most brands have sugar, milk, oil, flour and more added to them. They don't taste nearly as good as the kind that you have to stir.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Michelle and I am 32 years old. My highest (recorded) weight was 218 lbs. Currently, I am at 196. My first goal weight is 180. I figure setting my goals at about 40 lb increments would help me stay motivated. I am from central GA.

I watch a lot of tv, so naming one specific series is nearly impossible. I love Vampire Diaries, Duck Dynasty,HIMYM, and a bunch of others I just can't think of just yet. I think my favorite color is pink (it changes, often). Fall is my favorite season--I love the cooler weather and the changing leaves.

I am always looking for new friends/motivators, so please feel free to add me. Can't wait to start this challenge :)
  • healthymein2013
    healthymein2013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Tak- Have you ever tried PB2? It's powered peanut butter, you just add a little water and you have peanut butter. Calories are only 45 for 2 tbsp. It's a life saver for me, since I'm such a peanut butter fan. I use to make my own oatmeal packets.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options

I have a lot of favorites for TV Shows, New Girl, The Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy, Glee, American Horror Story.

Gah. I forgot The Walking Dead :/

Can't wait for the new episodes!
  • Guurl
    Guurl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm Theresa, from Manitoba,Canada :). I've been a member of MFP just over a month - always browse the message board - but never delved in. Never - in any forum - ever on the web - don't even have Facebook - so this is really new to me.

Ideally I'd like to lose 60 lbs - that would get me down to my wedding day, size 8 weight. . . oh, those were the days.I am tired of being ashamed of myself, how I let myself go, blah, blah, blah - cry me a river, right??? I'll say that prior to losing the 60 lbs - my initial goal will be to get off my high blood pressure pills - I'm hoping 20-30 lbs will do that - after that - as long as I'm active, healthy and eat decent - any additional weight I lose will be gravy.

I love my family, entertaining, outdoors, winter, camping - oh yeah, baking and cooking. I've just recently discovered author Gillian FLYNN - Gone Girl and Sharp Objects - she is phenomenal - highly recommend. Currently am reading The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Frye and Dali Lama's The Art of Happiness (go figure - he never ONCE mentions salt & vinigar chips/dip??-Whats up with THAT???

I will post b/a pics another day - it took me more time than I thought just to get this on here:)

Have a great day everyone - looking forward to encouraging, laughing and succeeding together.

Cheers.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tracy, I joined MFP back in March of this year and have been stuck halfway at goal. I have about 30 pounds left to lose to meet my goal. At the end of the 10 week challenge, I will be right around my anniversary of joinging MFP. I have a optimistic goal of losing my last 30 before then. It's ambitious but I know if I get my rear in gear I can do it. This group might be just the motivation I need to bang out the last 30.
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by the end of the New Year New You 2013 challenge??

Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, television series, books, and hobby? Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines? RAMBLE ON MY FRIENDS!! lol :) Feel free to add your own questions to the mix!

Hey everyone! I'm Moe and I live in Atlanta, GA. I'm originally from NYC though. I'm 44 and a single mom to two kids; a 20 yr old in college and a 12 yr old at home. For the past 10 yrs, I've been up and down and up and down again with my weight. It's time to stop this cycle and get fit and healthy for good! My goal is to lose between 40 and 60 lbs. I'd like to lose 40 lbs first and see how I look and feel, and decide from there if I need to lose more weight. However, I'm not a slave to the scale, and I also measure my inches lost and how my clothes fit. So basically, if I can fit into a size 6 comfortably again, it wouldn't matter what the scale says! :)

Fave color is yellow
    Fave Season is Spring and Summer
    Fave food is seafood and Mexican
    Hobby is writing
    Fave place I'd like to visit is Bora Bora and the Canary Islands in Spain (I LOVE the beach and anything tropical!)
    I workout at home to different dvd programs, as I don't have time to run back and forth to the gym. I started a new 8-week program just yesterday and I'll be finished my first 8 weeks in February. My plan is to FINISH this program and stick to a sensible meal plan.

It's nice to be a part of a group, because I definitely need the push and support. :)

Moe
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by the end of the New Year New You 2013 challenge??

Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, television series, books, and hobby? Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines? RAMBLE ON MY FRIENDS!! lol :) Feel free to add your own questions to the mix!

Hi folks. My name's Rhonda but I go by Nareena or just Nar as well. It's an old nick from my gaming days (EverQuest, EverQuest II and RIFT... but no, *never* was I a WoW player /shudder). I'm a 37 year old mother of a 15 year old "challenged" son who has BiPolar, ADHD and OCD. Life is tough with that combination. School is a nightmare :(. My husband is disabled so he doesn't work, but isn't as much help with our son as I'd like thanks to his disability troubles as well.

Let's see. I'm from Tampa, FL. I've lived all over the US in my life but I live in GA now, about an hour north of Atlanta. I guess if I have a favorite color it's probably green. Season? Summer for sure. I don't mind the heat even though I work outside in it 75% of the day. Favorite food? Well what got me here I suppose was mainly Italian food and ice cream. I still enjoy them both, but in moderation. As for TV series'.. I guess they're Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy, American Idol and Revenge. Books is the easy question. Anything and everything by Stephen King. Sad to say, but I don't really have any hobbies. I listen to audiobooks while I work. Currently I'm re-listening to the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind (out of my usual genre but it was a good series!). I work at the US Post Office, generally about 50-60 hours a week, 6 days a week so there's really not time for hobbies. I am trying to make working out as my hobby but the last month I've really slacked off with exercising :(. I'm trying to get back to it.

Where would I travel to? Hmm. I've seen most of the US. I've been to several parts of Canada and Mexico... I really want to go to Peru and see Machu Picchu. I'm really interested in ancient history and just history in general (though for some reason not "recent" history lol). I'd love to go to Portugal, and maybe Australia. Lots of traveling to do!

My New Year's Challenge? Well I have a wedding (hubby's best friend) in late Feb. A little short of this challenge timeframe but I want to look my best for the wedding. I am currently 201 lbs (started at 240 in Aug 2012) and I would like to be around 185'ish for the wedding. My end goal is somewhere in the 130 range (I'm only 5'2").

I welcome friend requests, but please just say something in it.. tell me how we "met" so I know who I'm saying hi to! :D.

~ Nar