2nd Trimester

Options

Replies

• iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Anyone feeling movement yet? I 'm a couple days beyond 14 weeks and have felt definate movement (not gas) for almost a week now. Last week was just tiny little flutters, this morning I just had a nudge so exciting. I knew everyone told me I'd feel movement earlier as this is 3rd baby 4th pregnancy, but was starting to have my doubts. Plus when I went to the Dr last week, and heard the heartbeat with the doppler; the Dr literally had the chase the baby around with the doppler to keep up. YAY!!

Exciting! I am 18 weeks, and started feeling mine around 12-13 weeks (this is 5th pregnancy, 3rd one to go into second tri). And it is definitely reassuring when the doc has to chase the baby around!
  • iampanda
    Options
    Hi, just joining. At 15 weeks 3days. I feel like I'm on the best (worst?) diet ever. I have almost no appetite yet and am holding steady at the same weight I was the day I found out I was pregnant (granted that was up five pounds from my normal). However my waist is definitely thicker (hence the worst diet...who wants to not eat but still get bigger?)

I can't wait for the hunger to come back. I feel like I'm really missing out on the fun of getting to indulge while pregnant. I'm managing enough food to be healthy everyday but it's a struggle not a pleasure.

Those of you with super appetites right now, I'm soooo jealous of you.

I am sure your appetite will come back. Just make sure your doc is ok with the lack of gain. As for indulging, we don't really get to indulge as one might think. The additional calories needed for the second and third tri is around 300 calories. About as much as a bagel and a piece of fruit. So you aren't really missing out on THAT much. I would say though, until your appetite picks up, make sure you are packing as much nutrition as you can into your food, and maybe try eating higher calorie foods that don't require you to eat a lot to get enough calories. Your fetus needs the extra calories, especially in the second and third tri, when growth really starts to pick up. :smile:
  • iampanda
    Options
    Hi Girls,.
    I'm just joining Fit fab & Preggers. I was with mfp for a few months lots a little weight and then found out i was pregnant.
    In my 1st trimester i was so ill that i thought to hell with it, if all i can manage to eat is pie... well then pie it is.

So i've made it through the 1st trimester ive had my fill of pie and now the fear of fatty mc fatty have set in, so was delighted to
    find this group to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I've an appointment with the midwives tomorrow, so will get to hear the spuds heartbeat. I have to wait until week 21 for a scann. but will probably pay for one before.

Re:"Lovins" i think i'm wanting it more than he is, but then he might be a bit protective of me, its our first.

x moo

I had to chuckle a bit at this- I love knowing that I am not alone. Not that pregnancy should be an excuse for poor eating habits, BUT- Before I became pregnant, I ate a clean vegetarian diet most of the time. But when I got pregnant, I was plagued with horrible migraines and cluster headaches for days. When that subsided, I got morning sickness and fatigue... at that point, I was so miserable and my husband was doing what he could, I just said, "I don't care. I am going to eat this cheeseburger. I am not cooking, its the only thing that sounds remotely appealing, so there." At some point I guess you just have to do what you have to do. I am sure there are women who are awesome and stick with their great diets even through the mess of the first trimester. But some of us just weren't quite prepared. So now that you've had your fill of pie, and I'll be happy to never look at a cheeseburger, we can move forward. So WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS! :smile: If you need a pregnant buddy to encourage you along the way, feel free to add me!
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    stocking up on diapers? I'm on 21 weeks, but I recieved a promotion from babies r' us that if I buy 2 boxes of diapers and a box of wipes I get a 35$ gift certificate. I can do that this weekend. Should I stock up now or just wait?

Also, does anyone know where the best place is to buy diapers? Babies r' us has a V.I.B. card that if you put $ on it you get 10% extra toward diapers, but do they already pretty much charge 10% more than most places?
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Cheapest place for us to buy diapers was Sam's, Costco or BJ's...their brand or even the name brand is cheaper there than anywhere else we could find. Plus it was nice not to have to go to the store every week for diapers. When you're buying 200 at a time they last over a month
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Well ladies I am off to the third Tri board... see you all there soon.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Also, does anyone know where the best place is to buy diapers? Babies r' us has a V.I.B. card that if you put $ on it you get 10% extra toward diapers, but do they already pretty much charge 10% more than most places?

I find that BRU charges more on a lot of things, so I've never bothered to buy anything like diapers there. The only things I buy there are things I can't get anywhere else or where the price is the same as elsewhere and it's the most convenient way to buy.

I buy Huggies (Snug 'n Dry) at Costco, and I stock up when they're on sale there. I've tried the Kirkland (Costco) brand, which resembles Huggies Little Movers (the more expensive Huggies), and I didn't like them. They leaked horribly, and the little absorbent beads got EVERYWHERE. Some people swear by them, though. The good thing about Costco is that they are awesome about returns, so they took back the rest of the box (I had used maybe five or six diapers to give it a real shot) and gave me my money back.

I buy overnight diapers (Huggies also) at Amazon on Subscribe & Save. Overnights are just really expensive, but that's the best price I could get. My son pees so much during the night that I had no choice but to use these.

The other brand I like is Up & Up (Target). The prices are pretty reasonable, especially if they are on sale and/or you have a coupon. There is usually a coupon for your next box in the bottom of the box, too :smile: I have not had any problem with them, but my SIL said for her daughter she likes them but didn't like that if there was poop and pee, they leaked. However, at the time she had just switched to them and her daughter was having a major diarrhea issue, which is almost always going to cause leaks, regardless of what brand you use. Once when I was at Target buying them, I ran into a friend who has twins. She saw the box in my cart and told me she went through a lot of diapers and thought they were the best value!

The other generic I like is Publix brand, which I've bought in a pinch. The only caveat is that if it gets really full, pee starts to leak out the legs, so you really have to be sure that you change them often enough (e.g., be careful if, say, you're taking a long car trip).

ETA that duh, I know you don't live near Publix, so you can ignore that part... but perhaps it will help someone else!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Amazon Moms is a really good program too. You enroll in automatic deliveries, and you get a discount on bulk items like diapers and formula.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    With regard to diapers, whatever brand you use (assuming you go with a name brand), be sure to sign up for their points things. I get Huggies points on diapers and wipes, and I have accumulated a ton. For a while I was able to redeem them for coupons for free diapers, so I've gotten quite a few boxes of free diapers that way. They stopped that, but there are other goodies, too, like baby gear, toys, Kleen Kanteen stuff, etc., that you can use the points for, and/or you can donate points to provide diapers to those in need.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Amazon Moms is a really good program too. You enroll in automatic deliveries, and you get a discount on bulk items like diapers and formula.

I joined this in early 2011 when it was free, gave a 20% Subscribe & Save discount (15 % for Amazon Mom + 5% (before discount) for S&S) and included an Amazon Prime membership. Since they changed that to decrease the discount and make it a paid membership, I figured out that, with all membership costs included, it worked out better for me to get my diapers at Costco. However, if you don't live near a warehouse club, Amazon Mom may be the best way to go. Plus getting diapers and wipes delivered to your door is kind of awesome!

ETA that they didn't have the formula we used when I was an Amazon Mom member (nor did Costco carry it), and we used Gerber Good Start (so not some random formula). I used to have to troll other stores to get the best deals. Hopefully this time I either won't need formula, or I'll be able to buy it conveniently like that.
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Week 15 here! This is my first baby. Needless to say I am so excited, yet scared to death all at the same time! lol
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Welcome Anastacia, this is our first as well. it's so exciting but yes, scary as well! That's what's great about this group, we help eachother out!

Re: diapers. I think I might take advantage of the pampers promo (assuming our BRU is participating, I need to call and make sure) I compared them at BRU and Target and they are just about the same price plus with the VIB card that's also and extra 10% off, so 10% off and a 35 dollar gift card, I think that makes it worth it! :) I guess we'll see. I'm not sure where the nearest costco is. I wish my area was more condusive to bulk shopping, but I guess there's a bj's not too far away so it might be worth it to get a membership once we move and have room to store some bulk items.

Had a little scare last night. I hadn't been feeling much movement yesterday then I woke up in the middle of the night with the WORST cramps ever in my life and the runs. Anyway, long and gross story short and not so gross, I thought I might be going into early labor or something was greatly wrong, I then proceeded to have the weirdest bm ever (who knew you could be constipated and have diharria?) and felt quite a bit better. Woke up again with more cramps but feeling a lot better and baby is moving around today, so I guess all is well with baby girl. :)
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies i wanted to let you all know that if you are in need of a crib WALMART.COM daily deals has a nice 4 in 1 crib on sale with the mattress fpr $139.00 and only .97 cent shipping! Every crib that is 4 in 1 that I have seen has been at least 400 bucks. i ordered one yesterday. :) It is on there again today so if you are in need of a crib and mattress check it out it is also available in 3 different colors.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Week 15 here! This is my first baby. Needless to say I am so excited, yet scared to death all at the same time! lol

Hi there! I'm in my 15th week, too (you can check out the May 2013 Due Dates thread, since that's probably where you are), but this is my second.

It is definitely exciting and a bit scary! You'll get more used to the idea as your pregnancy progresses, and keep in mind that while it will all be new and scary at first, you will settle into it just fine. You adapt to your new life in ways you never imagined possible, and pretty soon you'll be an old pro :smile:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Welcome Anastacia, this is our first as well. it's so exciting but yes, scary as well! That's what's great about this group, we help eachother out!

Re: diapers. I think I might take advantage of the pampers promo (assuming our BRU is participating, I need to call and make sure) I compared them at BRU and Target and they are just about the same price plus with the VIB card that's also and extra 10% off, so 10% off and a 35 dollar gift card, I think that makes it worth it! :) I guess we'll see. I'm not sure where the nearest costco is. I wish my area was more condusive to bulk shopping, but I guess there's a bj's not too far away so it might be worth it to get a membership once we move and have room to store some bulk items.

Had a little scare last night. I hadn't been feeling much movement yesterday then I woke up in the middle of the night with the WORST cramps ever in my life and the runs. Anyway, long and gross story short and not so gross, I thought I might be going into early labor or something was greatly wrong, I then proceeded to have the weirdest bm ever (who knew you could be constipated and have diharria?) and felt quite a bit better. Woke up again with more cramps but feeling a lot better and baby is moving around today, so I guess all is well with baby girl. :)

Eek! Sounds like indigestion/diarrhea. Glad you got it out and felt better, though, plus you've got a wiggly baby :happy: That's always a good sign!
  • heidibowling
    heidibowling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So... I'm having a super sneaky ninja baby, I guess. lol

Long story short, I just found out I was pregnant about two weeks ago (when I was 20 weeks and 6 days pregnant). This is my second baby, and I had a super easy first trimester with my daughter, and I guess I must have had the same with my son (when we found out we were pregnant we also found out we were having a baby boy at the same time! lol). I was on the birth control that only gives you a period every 3 months, so I literally had no idea. Plus I was working out a lot and losing weight, and so that wasn't a tip off either.

Now that the shock has worn off, I am getting super happy and excited to meet my little boy in April! It took a couple weeks of non-stop shopping, but now I have most of the big things we will need (we had gotten rid of my daughter's baby stuff, she's almost 5 years old). I am pretty OCD, so the shopping and preparing made everything feel better. lol

I've switched my calories on MFP to account for the extra 200-300 calories that the little one needs, in addition to me at maintenance mode, but I haven't been strict about not going over. If I get to the end of the day and I feel hungry, I eat something else. No biggie.

I'm still maintaining at the weight I was when I found out (191). My weight has fluctuated a little up and down a pound, but keeps settling back to 191 every week. I hope to only gain 10-15 pounds this pregnancy (I gained 20 with my first). I never did get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight from my first (which was 170) but I know I will do better now. I am much more motivated to be healthy for my kids, my husband, and myself. I'll just kick it into high gear next summer.

I hope everyone is doing well and feeling ok. The only troubles I've had is being extra tired, some backaches, trouble getting comfortable when sleeping, lots of sneezing, and I'm starting to have to go potty more often. I definitely am starting to "show" over the past week or two, but I'm not as self-conscious about the baby belly as I was with my first.
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Heidi! That's crazy! So excited for you! Are you a May Due Date? We have a May 2013 thread on here as well and we are pretty talkative ladies so feel free to pop in to that thread as well. Congrats on your surprise sneaky ninja baby!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Congratulations! That is amazing! I mean, more than halfway through your pregnancy - what a surprise!

Pretty cool that you got to find out and "skip" all the annoying early pregnancy stuff, too :smile:
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    AHHHHH!!! so excited I set a date to get my sono to see if I am getting a little boy or a girl!!!! :) today I am 17 weeks, getting a test to make sure all is good on wednesday...
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    I am 23 weeks 4 days preggers today!! We know what we are having but no one else does...hehe...I have 2 boys already...anyone want to take a guess at what number 3 is???!!!!! Soo Excited! Baby is moving like CRAZY and I love every minute of it. Hope your all enjoying your second trimester. Friend me if you like, would be happy to keep you motivated to stay healthy during your pregnancies!