Weight Loss Surgery - Daily Conversation 2013

Options
Hello all and welcome to all new members!

Please feel free to use this thread for daily conversations and to get to know one another. Share success, struggles, etc

Have a good day and remember success is never giving up! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I WAS FINE THEN I SAW A TRIGGER FOOD ON TV. WLS FRIENDLY BUT A MAJOR BINGE RISK. I'M ON POINT TODAY AND DESPARATELY TRYING TO STAY THAT WAY. TONIGHT WILL BE A TOUGH ONE. THANKFULLY I HAVE NO RISKY FOODS IN THE HOUSE TODAY. I'M UNDER HOUSE ARREST. HOW SAD IS THAT.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!!! Really getting back to everything this week! Went to the gym and upgraded my membership so I can go to the new location by my house, shopped for good healthy food, and made a plan with my nutritionist and bariatric doctor. I am going to make progress this year!:drinker: I ordered a month's supply of Medifast products to use for snacks and small meals for convenience. My doctor said he didn't want me eating only the Medifast program but he liked the products as a helper to get the 6 meals a day in.
  • lisa2job
    Options
    so how do you like the medifast ? looks like you have lost a lot of weight !! congrats !!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Lisa, it is convenient, I do not follow the plan itself, I just use the products, I love the eggs and I haven't used much else yet still waiting on the order. I got the eggs and mango softserve from my nutritionist to try the mango was okay I can't wait to try the cappuccino, I love coffee. I will let you know how the rest are once I get them. I am very limited in what I can use since I am allergic to wheat and soy they have only like 10 products that do not contain one of those. They use soy protein in most of their entrees. I got the cappuccino, mango and coffee soft serves, cran/orange drink, eggs (original) and that is pretty much it. I have gone back to eating 6 times a day and these make it easy to have a quick meal in class(I am a teacher). I can shake up a protein shake or one of the soft serves(smoothies) and drink it right in class. I also use 2% string cheese and Champion Nutrition Chocolate Whey Protein Protein Stack shakes I get on Amazon. Before Christmas I had lost 8lbs in the 2 weeks I was sticking to it with the 6 small meals and snacks. It really got my metabolism going I was constantly hungry though at the 800-1000 cals so my doctor moved me to 1200-1400 especially when working out.

The eggs make a good crepe and you can fill it with chicken and veggies or wrap in seaweed to make a mock sushi without rice of course. I want to try it with riced cauliflower, haven't done that yet. Once I get everything in and get going again I will post again to let you know how it's going.
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I was all set to have my day of pre-op testing for the sleeve on January 31. I had a follow up with my endocrinologist for a thyroid mass. I had to undergo another biopsy and now am opting to have a lobectomy. So, that puts off my sleeve procedure. A bit down about it but I need to do non-electives first. Happy Day all. :tongue:
  • saeverman
    Options
    Struggling to get in all my protein and vitamins. I know the importance of both, but yet am having a hard time. I never thought this would be the case being 10 years post op RNY. I had weight regain due to steroids and poor eating choices. Trying to get back on track. I think once the school semester starts again on the 14th, I can get into a new routine. Just trying to get one together for between now and then. I've been through so much the past 10 years and I deserve to get back to a healthy weight and will get back to a healthy weight!!!!!!
    Stephanie E
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Stephanie- I know it is hard eating the right proportions. It takes so much planning and prepping. When I am in school (I am a teacher) I have to prep and plan things on Sundays or I get so off course and that is what happened so far this school year. But I am getting back on track and I will love myself enough to take the time to take care of me. I am a little over 11 years out (Dec. 2001) and I still find it hard, too.
  • MSWDiet
    Options
    HEY ALL,

i'VE BEEN NAUGHTY TODAY. THE PERFECT BAD EXAMPLE. MY MEALS WERE TWO 1 CUP VEGGIE MEALS AND JUNK FOOD ALL THE WAY. I HAVE TO HAUL *kitten* TO MAKE MY CALORIE AVERAGE FOR THE WEEK BUT NO BINGE EATING WAS INVOLVED.

DAMN THIS CAST IRON BOTTOMLESS POUCH OF MINE. AT TIMES I WISH I DUMPED EASILY. THANKFULLY I COULD STICK TO MY MAINTENANCE CALORIE AVERAGE NO PROBLEM. EXCEPT NOW MY MAINTENANCE CALORIES HAVE BEEN SLASHED TO COMPENSATE FOR MY SCREWED UP METABOLISM & MEDICATIONS.

THINGS ARE NOW THAT MUCH HARDER. BUT, IF IT WILL KEEP THE WEIGHT GAIN AWAY I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN. AS I GET FURTHER POST OP IT DOES NOTGET ANY EASIER. FORTUNATELY, I NEVER EXPECTED TO GET USED TO THIS. ACCEPTING THAT IT IS WHAT IT IS HAS TO BE ENOUGH.

I JUST WANT TO KEEP THE CALORIES DOWN; EXERCISE UP; AND NO BINGE EATING. INCLUDING LOW CAL BINGEING. BIG SIGH.
  • Compudad
    Compudad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Had my first "dumping" experience, wow...not fun. I guess the pork roast was a bad idea. At least I know where the line is now.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Had my first "dumping" experience, wow...not fun. I guess the pork roast was a bad idea. At least I know where the line is now.

I'm sorry to hear that. I have never dumped, but I did have two incidents where I didn't chew quite thoroughly enough, felt really horrible for a bit, and threw it up. One of the two was a porkchop. It shouldn't have taken twice, but I finally learned.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Compudad- Did you dump or throw up? Dumping is from sugar or fat hitting the system too fast which causes you to dump insulin into your blood stream and causes heart palpitations, sweating, and a general feeling you are going to pass out or die- seriously I thought I was going to die the first time it happened to me from some OJ :laugh: . Sounds like you had something get stuck in your stoma (opening out of your pouch)and you re-fluxed and threw up. Still not fun but they are different things. I do not do well with pork loin at all unless it is the darker sections that are fattier and even then I have to have mashed cauliflower with it to help it through my pouch and I am 11 years out. Pork loin and I do not get along no matter how well I chew it.:sick:
  • Compudad
    Compudad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Nope, I did not throw up, I ate something that was too fatty (pork roast).
  • MSWDiet
    Options
    WHAT AN AWFUL FEELING COMPUDAD.

I REMOVE ALL VISIBLE FAT FROM MEATS AND COOK BACON EXTRA CRISPY. FOR EXTRA TENDER ROASTS, I USE BAKING BAGS AND SKIM ALL THE FAT BEFORE MAKING GRAVY. AS LONG AS I DON'T SLIP UP & SIP TOO SOON AFTER EATING MEATS REST EASY. HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL.
  • saeverman
    Options
    My local grocery store had protein powder on sale and buy two get one free, so I stocked up. I made sure they weren't close to their expiration date too! Made that mistake once. I chose chocolate, strawberry, and chocolate peanut butter. Now I need to research some good recipes with those flavors. So I have no excuses not to get my protein in daily!

Stephanie E
  • Duckie015
    Duckie015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for explaining the difference between the two. I experience my first dumping yesterday then. It was exactly how you explained it and it happened while I was out grocery shopping and I had to leave the store. I thought I was going to die. I had a 4oz cup of fat free cappiciuno (spelling). I hear how everyone drinks coffee and ect and so I tried it and paid the price afterwards. Never again!!!!!!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I have no problem with fat only with sugar, even complex carbs do me in. I cannot take too many carbs at once or I have a hypoglycemic episode or in the least I go straight to sleep! But thank goodness fat has never really bothered me since I eat a relatively high fat low carb diet with moderate protein. (Primal Blueprint mostly)
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Well I made it through the holidays unscathed, but alas, the Girl Scout cookie season is near!! Ugh!! (my daughter is a brownie and is taking orders now- cookies come in the beginning of February)
  • DebbysJourney
    DebbysJourney Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The New Year is now here so it's time for me to start my waiting process for my surgery. I met with the nutritionist this week and gained from my last month's visit, so now I have an additional 5 pounds to lose. I'm off to a good start. My husband has had a really tough time since his surgery last October, so I have been doing a lot of stress eating. I've just got to plan around it.
  • CruellaClo
    CruellaClo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    New year new goals.... this year focus on getting strong. Lift weights, walk, lots of water and good rest. ohhhh and Love love love
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Laura this is the time of year I am SO glad I am allergic to wheat I hope the GSA never develops a gluten free GS cookie :laugh:

Debby- good luck! :flowerforyou:

Clo- I hear you and say ditto!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.