Team Bob- Week Two Challenge

Options
6mimi
6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
Hi Team Bob!!!!:flowerforyou: Let me just start by saying how happy I am to be your team captain and that you all really do make me proud with your participation and healthy lifestyle efforts. You guys are the best ever!!

Are you ready for the week two challenge? I am!
This is a two part challenge. This post is going to be for the exercise. Our challenge exercise this week is to do 50 squats per day. If you can do more, do more. If you can't do that many, do less. If you are not able to do a squat for some reason, just pick another exercise this week that you are ready to push yourself on. I know 50 sounds like a lot, but you are welcome to do them in parts throughout the day (say 10 at a time for example) or all at once. It is up to you. Squats are wonderful to target your butt and thighs. For proper form, here is some information:

Stand with feet slightly more than shoulder-width apart. Place arms directly out in front of you, squat until your knees reach 90 degrees, keeping your body upright and knees behind toes. Pretend that you are about to sit in a chair. Press up to starting position, and repeat.
*Note: Keep back upright and straight.

Target: Lower

Equipment Needed: none

There are a lot of videos online too that show proper form. Just go to google and type in videos of squat form and tons will come up for you to look at if you need it.

Please post on here daily if you did your squats, if you needed to modify the challenge, if you are sore :laugh: , and to cheer on your teammates.

Go to the post titled Team Bob - Week Two Challenge Part 2 for our food challenge for the week!:happy:

Have a healthy, fun week team!!

Replies

• channon26
    channon26 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ok im redy for this
  • 6mimi
    Options
    ok im redy for this

I love your spirit!
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    50 squats
    30 minutes walking

Have a great week everyone.
  • WendyCollinson2004
    WendyCollinson2004 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    50 squats
    30 minutes walking

That is a great workout.
  • slbauer63
    slbauer63 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Did an unknown number of squats today in bootcamp but suffice it to say I met the goal of 50!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Did an unknown number of squats today in bootcamp but suffice it to say I met the goal of 50!

lol! :happy: Yes, I am sure you are well over goal!! Great job!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!!! I took my first ever spin class tonight. Dear God... I hurt. :blushing: I did it though and the teacher said he thought I had done it before. The lady next to me though I did really well too. I'm just glad I didn't vomit!:ohwell: I also got my 50 squats in. I did 30 before class and 20 after class.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    50 squats
    30 minutes walking

That is a great workout.

That is a great workout Carrie! I knew you would rock the challenge!
  • mazarith
    mazarith Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    got 50 in! doing 10 at a time. i've never been very good at doing them, so this should be a challenge for sure!
    taking my first boxing class tomorrow...wish me luck!!
  • PhatAv8r
    PhatAv8r Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    And I'll see your '50'... - Wed done (I'm still wondering if we are on Tues-Mon or Wed-Tues?)
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    50 squats

6 minutes of dancing

10 of stair climbing

I'm BACK
  • chicagoposh
    Options
    Got my 50 squats in during my PT session.
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Fifty done. I will set a personal goal of 100. I was out and about today so I didn't think it would be appropriate to just stop what I was doing to squat a few times. LOL
  • MsEye
    MsEye Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot about my squats for today. :( I'm thinking should I get out of bed and do them now? Ummmm,, I over did it at the gym today I'll be sure to get them in tomorrow.. Sorry guys..
  • channon26
    channon26 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I WASN'T ABLE TO GET MY SQUATS DONE, BUT I DID WALK 37MINS
  • 6mimi
    Options
    got 50 in! doing 10 at a time. i've never been very good at doing them, so this should be a challenge for sure!
    taking my first boxing class tomorrow...wish me luck!!

Wonderful job pushing yourself with the squats. They are quite a burn but a fabulous exercise. I almost bought my 19 year old daughter a workout shirt this Christmas that said "Shut up and squat!". :laugh:

Good luck with your boxing class today! My daughter loves boxing and recently bought her own big punching bag and stand. Let us know how it goes. I think it is awesome you are trying something new!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    And I'll see your '50'... - Wed done (I'm still wondering if we are on Tues-Mon or Wed-Tues?)

Well done!

Heck if I know! :) I think we are Tues - Monday but I am not real clear on it. I will ask Pam later today and post it on here.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    50 squats

6 minutes of dancing

10 of stair climbing

I'm BACK

You really pushed yourself today!! Great job!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Got my 50 squats in during my PT session.

A+ For you! :happy: When I signed up for my new gym as a January bonus I will get 2 free half hour pt sessions. I am excited about that! I'll let you all k.now how it goes when it is scheduled
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Fifty done. I will set a personal goal of 100. I was out and about today so I didn't think it would be appropriate to just stop what I was doing to squat a few times. LOL

Excuses, excuses! :laugh: Yes, that might have made people give you a strange look. :huh:
    Great attitude making your own personal goal. You had a fabulous week one and I know you will rock week 2 also!