Team Iris (SeptOctNovDec 2013 Brides! :)

Options

Replies

• lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Iris-

Looking good! Only a few of you forgot to send your weight:

Juliana
    Mariana
    Barb
    Cindy
    Elizabeth
    Denise
    Kim
    Claire
    Meagan

Thanks in advance!
  • cedixon0
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I had a really rough weekend. Mostly due to the impending monthly visitor that always seems to be proceeded by an influx of hormones that makes me want to alternately strangle my fiance and cuddle on his shoulder while I sob crying. Combine that with the fact that we were visiting the future in-laws and I had to keep my "happy face" on, and it was just a little too much for me to deal with. And we were out of town, so I didn't eat as well as I wanted to, and drank basically no water. I tried to stay on plan, but eating out is so difficult. Even when I tried to order "chicken and broccoli" it came in some kind of cream/butter sauce.

BUT . . . after all that whining I did up there, I just wanted to say that I'm taking this Monday morning and shaking it off. Got up and went to the gym for a good workout and back on the wagon for eating. Let's all have a great week and GO TEAM IRIS!
  • lildaug
    lildaug Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi lawyerette. You posted that Denise did not weigh in. I sent you my current weight on Friday. I think there is another Denise in the group so next time could you add the last name initial? For instance I would be Denise I. Thanks!
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! What's on your agenda this week?

This is what my week looks like......... Mon, Jan 14 - Easy 3 mile run + 15 push ups..... Tues, Jan 15 - Spin class + weight circuit + 20 push ups..... Wed, Jan 16 - 4 mile run (speed intervals) + 15 push ups..... Thurs, Jan 17 - Cross train + weight circuit..... Fri, Jan 18 - Easy 2 mile run + 20 push ups..... Sat, Jan 19 - 6 mile run..... Sun, Jan 20 - Rest day.

I have to go to a wedding on Saturday evening, but I still think I can lose 1.5 pounds by Sunday. I'll eat super healthy all week, but Saturday I plan to enjoy the fancy pants wedding dinner... and open bar ;)
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Finally, I found the groups.... so I'm a little slow starting....

My weight on 1/4/13 was 197.2
    Weight on 1/11/13 was 192
    This is the biggest loss I have ever had.

About me -- Barb from NJ
    Wedding is on 9/14/2013. It's a very small church wedding.
    Wedding wise -- just gotta get flowers ordered and his suit. Church reserved, my dress purchased, my shoes purchased, my jewerly purchased, reception deposit done, invitations purchased (just need to format & print), and photographer deposit done.

I am attempting to log my food, walk daily and drink 40oz of water.
    Walk distance is anywhere from 1mile to 2 miles. When I do 2 miles, it's a brisk pace. When it's a 1 mile, it's a slower place because he doesn't want to walk fast.

Looking for motivation, encouragement and kick in the butt when needed.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    =)
  • exquisitecadavre
    Options
    This week starts teaching again-I teach at the local community college-so eating and exercise is all screwed up. But, this week I plan on doing Curves and Zumba tomorrow, Wednesday I'll do Curves, Thursday I'll do Curves, Friday I'll do Zumba, Saturday I'll do Zumba, and Sunday I'll walk.

How about the rest of you?

And how do you manage to get your exercise in on super stressful days? =/
  • lildaug
    Options
    I just read that we are Week 1 Bigger Losers!!!! Congrats ladies. All of our hard work is paying off. It looks like we all just have to remember to send in our weights on Sunday morning. How can we make sure everyone does that?

As for the post above, I've made it my priority everyday (even the very stressful days) to get 30 mins of exercise in. I'm treating now as something essential like brushing my teeth. There's no reason why you can't get 30 mins of exercise a day. Even if you are busy you can split it up and go for 2- 15 min walks or 3- 10 min walks. You can do it! No excuses...

I went away this past weekend and was a bit nervous that I was going to derail. However, I counted my calories and was even able to have some wine Saturday night. I also got a lot of walking in. I really do believe in tracking and it has proven to help me everyday.

As for this week, I started level 2 of the 30 day shred so I'll be doing that all this week. In addition, I ran 5 miles yesterday. Today I'll be doing a body conditioning class at the gym, Wednesday = spinning, Thursday = elliptical and 3 mile run, Friday = spinning, Saturday = long walk, Sunday = strength training.

Have a great week ladies!
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the Week 1 Challenge winners AND Week 1 Biggest Losers! You guys are awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    TEaM IRIS! Awesome Job!!!:)
  • Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    YAY Team Iris!! So awesome that we were the biggest losers!!! Great work everyone :)
  • cedixon0
    Options
    Yah for Iris! We fall/early winter brides are on it! I have to admit, I was a little disappointed in my 2.2 lb weight loss last week. I know that 2 lbs is healthy and a stable way to lose . . . and I'm happy that I lost anything! But I stayed at 1200 calories each day and worked out too . . . just thought for my first real week on it that I would have seen a more dramatic drop. Don't mind me, I'm just whining.

Yah for the team! Everyone remember to keep your STAR points this week and stay on plan! Let's win the challenge and the weigh in two weeks in a row!
  • Amyp1012
    Options
    Yay team Iris! Lets keep it up :) way to go ladies!
  • marrigot
    Options
    Oh Team Iris its been two days since any of us have posted here. How are we doing?

Let's pick a positive check in question...what made you smile today?

For me, it was a brisk walk over to Starbucks and seeing a bright yellow bird sitting on top of a shrub right at eye level. He was like a little bit of sunshine covered in feathers.
  • Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Today has been a hard day lol. It seems like everyone that comes into my office is in a bad mood. But I'm trying not to let it get me down.....having lunch with my husband to be made the day a little bit better :)
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yay for our 1st week win! hope you all are having a good week 2
  • happyfitgirl
    happyfitgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like that question - what made you smile today? Hmmm... New benefits at work I get an extra week of vacation each year! And also playing with my corgi Ruby, she's a crazy dog. :)
  • cedixon0
    Options
    Not gonna lie - been a rough few days. Feel like the stress of a new job, a big move, planning a wedding, and trying to watch food and exercise ( and getting up at five every morning!) has jut caused a breakdown. But I stayed in calorie range even if I did slip out on exercise today. Felt better but really need to take care of myself. Stressing too much is not good for losing weight or staying sane! Hope you ladies are having a better week than me!
  • happyfitgirl
    happyfitgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Colleen, sorry you are stressed! I would do what you did, skip the pressure of forcing yourself to the gym and just watch your calories. Sometimes you just need a break! Maybe get outside today for a long walk to clear your head and get some exercise! :)
  • lildaug
    Options
    What made me smile today? I saw 2 of my girlfriends for the first time in over a month and they both said how great I look. They said my face is so much thinner and I look completely different. It was SO nice to hear. It's hard sometimes to see the progress you make as you see yourself everyday. They asked what my secret was. I told them MFP and the support of great groups like this.

I hope you are all doing well and we have another biggest loser win tomorrow with our weigh in!