No more Late Night Snacking - January 2013

Options

Replies

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    ME: 16
    LNS: 0

Checking in late. My sis spent the night..and we had two full days together. We had an opportunity to work out at the gym, go to a sumptious dinner, and then go to the movies today. We saw The Hobbit. Grrreat movie...never saw any of the Lord of the Ring movies...sooo now I have to rent the other three to catch up :) Sooo much wisdom in the movie I saw today. No late night snacking...cause planning my and drinking my water. Nice to acquire this habit.

Thanks Karen for the kind words...yes I worked *really* hard these last 3 months, and it paid off :bigsmile:

Keep up the good work everyone :drinker: :heart:
    Deb
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    feeling snacky but not going to get the bread i want......gonna have a couple baby carrots and still count that as a win
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-

Me: 17

I just skimmed the last couple pages of this thread to try and catch up since I haven't been good lately about logging on.

beeps, you made me laugh. ditto on your sentiments.:laugh:

karen, I didn't realize you had had a knee replacement. Glad you are getting back into shape and doing better here.:flowerforyou:

Deb, impressive work with your cholesterol!!! :drinker: Your success at improving your health will be my motivation even during the day. I have been doing well with this challenge, but I shoud be after what I've consumed before my cut-off time. beeps knows what I'm talking about!:laugh:

gmukris, looks like we have some friendly competition going on for this month. :wink: I am going to try really hard to have a perfect month.

dewdrop, always love hearing from you. Keep hanging in there.:flowerforyou:

Have a lovely week-end everyone. I am going to try to check in again. Week-ends are hardest for me to stay on track.
    Zaza
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :drinker:

Deb that is great news on your latest cholesterol readings, well done :flowerforyou: You deserve it, you have worked so hard

Me 16 :tongue:
    LNS 1 :wink:

I've done pretty well this week on healthy eating. It is always those pesky snacks and sugar that get me.:noway:

I hardly ever want to eat late these days. The only time I make sure I do is re fuelling after running club. I don't get home till gone 9 and although I have eaten a light meal beforehand I do need some protein to repair my muscles before bed :yawn:

Well done everyone. Keep up the good work:glasses:
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options

It's pretty easy now to know that after dinner, I'm done! I hope I can keep up the habit!

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,961 Member
    Options
    Something is f*cked in my head....

Me: 14
    LNS: 3

I swear, I stepped into my kitchen and just started eating last night! I wasn't hungry! I wasn't even bored! I was tired from trip home, but still.....anyway, there it is - I stepped into the pantry at 9:30 pm. Didn't stop my binge until 10:05 pm.

Gross.

Gawd. What the *kitten* is up with that?????!!!!!???

(these are *all* rhetorical questions!)
  • karenleona
    Options
    LNS 11
    Me 6*

beeps- i totally get that.....eating for no reason but not being able to stop or look at what is causing it in time to alleviate the damage....frustrating but just a 'one of' for this month....you are still doing really well so keep moving forward!!. Sometimes i have had to actually put masking tape over the cupboards just as a visual reminder that i did not want to go in there.....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I can't even defend it. And, tonight is book club! So, I want to be super-smart about that, too, and make sure I don't eat past 8:00 - I just have to CUT IT OUT!

How is it that I can go to a hotel and NEVER touch ANYTHING after 6:00, but heck, I come home and it's like some "force" takes over my body! Gawd. I HATE how little self-control I have in my own house....but, in anybody else's, I'm actually QUEEN of DISCIPLINE!
  • debilang
    Options
    ME: 18

My goodness...I totally missed checking in yesterday. I spend a FULL day with my grandkids, got a LOT of exercise, and just forgot to check in. My granddaughter's 1st birthday is today. It amazing how time is flying as I see my grandkids grow before my eyes. My daughter keeps asking me if she acted the way her kids did when eating, etc...and I just smile ... it *was* a long time ago...and *love* going through it again with them...*and* then coming home to rest :laugh:

**Kate** thanks for the kind words on my cholesterol, too :) I am very happy...

I am soo happy we all can come here and share our day and our challenges with no LNS'ing....I love all of the creative ideas. It is sooo important that we are just aware of the LNS'ing...and we are!

Have a grrreat day!

Keep up the good work everyone even if not track today, tomorrow is ALWAYS a NEW day :drinker: :heart:
    Deb
  • zaza54
    Options
    Good morning-
    Don't know if I should consider it "good"at 5 a.m.! Just couldn't sleep any more - have been tossing and turning so here I am having hot water and lemon and communing with you. I'm happy to report:
    Me: 19
    This month has been almost easy. I was tempted last night as my husband snacked on Irish soda bread he had baked, but, when I think of all of you and this challenge, I just can't do it. Thank you!!! :smooched:

I'm glad I have something to be happy or satisfied about as far as the weight loss/healthier me journey because this is my only instance of willpower or self-discipline.
    beeps and karen, I understand what you're talking about! What you describe is how I am for most of the day, especially in the evening before my cut-off time. Like you, I just don't get it. But, I know we can do this. I lost 17 pounds last year so it can be done at any age. We just have to do it. For me, it may be a baby step forward and a few giant steps back, but I do keep trying again.

So, beeps and karen, let's keep doing this together. I really believe we can do it. I do remember if felt awfully good to succeed and I had so much positive reinforcement when I lost the weight. It has to be possible to do it again and to keep it off. Deb, you are the proof and the example of what needs to be done. I don't have grandchildren yet, but I, too, want to be around and able to enjoy them when I finally have some. I just have to remind myself of that all day long!

Have a great day everyone and let's make healthy choices so we enjoy our lives!
    Zaza
  • karenleona
    Options
    LNS 12 * :angry: :angry:
    Me 6

at least it did not involve chocolate....
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted! I failed on Sat, but o/w been doing pretty well:

Me: 17 - LNS: 3

On the whole, I'm happy with it. And you :flowerforyou:.
    Zaza, you are amazing! :smile:
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 20
  • zaza54
    Options
    Thanks dewdrop!

Me: 20

Zaza
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    You gals are doing really well....I mean SUPREMELY well!

Zaza-I actually *remember* when you struggled with this stuff....now, you are the QUEEN of the ZERO to LNS!! That is awesome....a true inspiration!

I was doing better....until last night:

Me: 16
    LNS: 4
  • karenleona
    Options
    LNS 13*
    Me 6

need to go the other direction!
  • debilang
    Options
    ME: 20

Love coming in and reading about everybody's day...Victory or otherwise...cause the ACCOUNTABILITY is certainly there to keep trying!

**ZaZa** Thanks for your kind words, but, as Beeps remembers you...I was *also* the same way...and thankfully when I QUIT LNS'ing...I lost the pounds, too. 8pm is my magical time, that if I *am* eating or binging...I STOP. It hasn't happened often anymore...and that is a GOOD thing! Congrats on being Queen of ZERO LNS'ing...you soooo deserve it...and GLAD you are here :happy:

**Beeps and Karen** what ZaZa said...your will is your command...and it *will* happen :drinker:

Always great to see you **Dewdrop**. Hi to Kate, Mar and Kris..Keep on keepin' on!!!

Hugs,
    Deb:heart::drinker:
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I keep forgetting to write daily. I did 3 night shifts and I did eat. I had got out of the habit but this weekend I gave in to the munchies. I was sat up writing an essay all night. So my score is not as good as it was but hey ho.

LNS 4
    Me 17

Well done everyone :drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    LNS: 4

I decided to ask some online "friends" for a lifeline....to help me rein in any LNS! So, now I have some texting #'s and, if that pantry calls, I can plug in an immediate "talk me down" message to my online friends!

Hopefully, this will help me get to my REAL goals!
  • zaza54
    Options
    Well I just blew my perfect record, but at least it was for something worthwhile. I took one of my best friends out for her 60th birthday. We lingered so long and I gave into temptation and had the most delicious dessert so I went past my cut-off time in a big way. I can live with this - am not going to make a habit of it.:laugh:
    Me: 21
    LNS: 1
    Zaza
    PS Thanks dear friends for being so supportive!!