Bump diddy bump bump
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • skinnymck
    skinnymck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There is one that DH and I love. We don't make it often, but it tastes good. put twice as much water in the crock pot as you have oats (rolled, thick cut are best, but you can use steel cut-just add more water). then add nuts, raisins, cut up apples, and ground cinnamon. put in the crock pot for overnight. it should be the consistency you like w/in 8 hrs. or the next morning.

This sounds amazing, but doesn't it make a bit of a mess of your slow cooker? Oats are a nightmare to clean!
  • clarafitnesspal
    clarafitnesspal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    SLOW COOKER SALSA CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
    4- Boneless,skinless Chicken Breasts
    1 Cup of Salsa
    1 Package Taco Seasoning reduced sodium
    1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup - reduced fat
    1/2 Cup - Sour Crean- Fat free

DIRECTIONS:
    Add chicken to slow cooker - Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken - Pour Salsa and Soup over chicken
    Cook on low for 8 hrs - or High for 4 hrs
    Once cooked remove from heat and stir in sour cream

Serves 6-8 people depending on the size of the chicken breasts
  • clarafitnesspal
    clarafitnesspal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I meant to say that i do almost the same thing.. minus the cream soup and sour cream. i will have to try the sour cream or possible yogurt at the end next time.
  • nmglay
    nmglay Posts: 69
    Options
    Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
    Servings: 10

1 onion, chopped
    1 16-oz can black beans
    1 16-oz can kidney beans
    1 8-oz can tomato sauce (used a 16 oz can)
    10 oz package frozen corn kernels (used 2 small cans of corn kernels)
    2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (used a 28 oz can of diced tomatoes)
    1 packet taco seasoning
    1 tbsp cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder (used a bit more as I didn't have any chilies in my tomatoes)
    24 0z. (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts
    chili peppers, chopped (optional)
    chopped fresh cilantro

Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream (extra points).

10 • Size: 10 oz • Prep Time: 5 minutes • Calories: 202 • Points: 4 ww points
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Mexican crock pot chicken

Ingredients
    2-3 chicken breasts
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can black beans
    1 can mexican chili beans
    (Do not drain tomatoes or beans)
    1 Package Taco Seasoning
    1 can black olives
    1 can chopped green chiles

Directions
    Layer chicken in bottom of crock pot. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order written. Do not stir. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Take out chicken and shred. Return chicken to crock pot and stir well. Serve with tortilla chips or on a flour tortilla. Serve with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese if desired. Extra ingredients are not included in nutritional facts.

Number of Servings: 6

Nutrition Info
    Calories: 220.5
    Fat: 5.0g
    Carbohydrates: 29.4g
    Protein: 13.0g

I'm making this tonight!
  • JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Got this in an e-mail this morning...haven't tried it yet. It looked yummy so I thought I would share it.

Crock-Pot Roast Sticky Chicken

• 4 tsp salt
    • 2 tsp paprika
    • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
    • 1 tsp onion powder
    • 1 tsp thyme
    • 1 tsp white pepper
    • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
    • 1/2 tsp black pepper
    • 1 large roasting chicken
    • 1 cup chopped onion
    In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets from the chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal, and refrigerate overnight. (Don’t worry if you forget to do this the night before, I forget all the time and it still turns out fine.)
    When ready to cook chicken, put the onions into the cavity, put the bird into the crock-pot, and do not add any liquid. As the cooking process goes on it will produce it’s own juices. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours and it will be falling off the bone!

Bump! This sounds really good.
  • Brandon74
    Options

Ingredients
    2-3 chicken breasts
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can black beans
    1 Package Taco Seasoning
    1 can black olives

Directions
    Layer chicken in bottom of crock pot. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order written. Do not stir. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Take out chicken and shred. Return chicken to crock pot and stir well. Serve with tortilla chips or on a flour tortilla. Serve with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese if desired. Extra ingredients are not included in nutritional facts.

Nutrition Info
    Calories: 220.5 this sounds great i have some cooking in the crock pot right now thanks

I will have to make this sometime. Sounds really good!
  • pastabelly
    pastabelly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lsorensen130
    lsorensen130 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    CHicken taco chili

I made this the other night and it was a huge hit and so easy to do!

4 chicken breasts
    can of reduced sodium black beans
    can of reduced sodium kidney beans
    2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies
    1 small can of tomato sauce
    1 package of reduced sodium taco seasoning
    1tbsp cumin, 1tbsp chili powder

stir all together in crockpot and cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours. Take chicken out 30 minutes before done and shred and stick back in crockpot.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Ingredients
    2-3 chicken breasts
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can black beans
    1 Package Taco Seasoning
    1 can black olives

Directions

Nutrition Info
    Calories: 220.5

I'm making this tonight!

So I made this and I would change a few things....first of all one large can of diced tomatoes should be used and not drained. All other cans of beans should be drained. I also used fresh chilies and added jalapenos which cooked up nice. All in all it was OK not great but good for a meal.
  • Brandon74
    Options
    Roasted chicken in a slow cooker

1 chicken, rinsed and patted dry
    seasoning- use whatever you like - I usually use lemon pepper and garlic salt, and sometimes get more creative. Today I used a little pepper, onion powder, garlic salt, and paprika.
    season your chicken- in the cavity, and on the outside, place in the slow cooker breast side up
    I usually drizzle a little EVOO on the chicken, and maybe give a brief rub
    1/2 cup of white wine

(on the liquid side- I tried the recipe with 1 cup of water, then changed it to 1/2 c of white wine, 1/2 cup of water, then just went a heaping 1/2 cup of white wine, and add water if I need to).

Cook in slow cooker on high for 1 hour, then on low 6-8 hours, until chicken is done- this will depend on how big the bird is, and your slow cooker.

***I started a thread in October - it has a TON of Slow Cooker recipes on there- it rolled over twice, so you might have to find #3, but def take a look at the recipes in the first 2 sets, they're awesome!

here's a link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/758287-crocktober-break-out-your-crock-pot-recipes-for-october

Wow!! Will have to try this. I would like to add vegetables too.
  • Mystismom
    Options
    This is one of my favorite recipes! I've shared it with many friends and family, everyone enjoys it!
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • cmeroar68
    cmeroar68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    These are all great recipes. I cannot wait to try some. Thanks to everyone.
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    SLOW COOKER SALSA CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
    4- Boneless,skinless Chicken Breasts
    1 Cup of Salsa
    1 Package Taco Seasoning reduced sodium
    1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup - reduced fat
    1/2 Cup - Sour Crean- Fat free

I am going to make this one today! Thanks for sharing.
  • teamdj1
    teamdj1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Do you buy chance know how many calories per serving and how much is a serving? Thanks
    Chipotle Pork Tenderloin

4 Tbls Chipotle seasoning
    1 jar of sugar-free rasberry preserves
    2 Tbls fresh chopped cilantro
    2 Tbls cumin
    1 pork tenderloin

Combine all ingredients except tenderloin in bowl and mix well. Place the tenderloin at the bottom of crock pot and cover with combined ingredients. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Falls apart and is so yummy!!! You can make a couple at a time and shred to make other meals during the week....tacos, put on salads, add it to a broth based soup, whatever combo you like.
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump