Team Stargazer (2014 Brides :)

Options

Replies

• AML04143
    Options
    Hi ladies! Just introducing myself here :)
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    We did awesome on our first weigh in ladies!!! Keep it up and I know where going to have another great week :)

Mine wasn't so great personally but I'm water retaining or something. Circuit training always makes me gain a couple and stay there for a while if I keep it up! But I'm hoping by Sunday it will be lower :) Gonna try hard not to bother with the scale till then too, so that's another challenge for me!
    Anyways, I look forward to seeing everyone's success :)

I was only down .5 from the first weight in so it wasn't great either. But a loss is a loss and every bit of progress is good progress. We can do it!

Mine was a gain though :\ BUT I lost it this morning and more :D So I'm happy ^_^ Trying to stay away from the scale is hard!
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    So, ladies...

Don't know if you caught it, but I posted the % of each team that has reported in as of this afternoon. Thanks to everyone who messaged me.

With hundereds of messages in my inbox, I may have missed you. I still need to hear from:

locrianzone (Mary Ann)
    jalas27 (Jamie)
    rundiva2012 (Elizabeth)
    allishax9918 (Allisha H)
    hannah1803 (Hannah)
    nycolemullins (Nycole)
    lovedork (Amanda)

Thanks, ladies, and finish strong today!! :)
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    CGPrincessWarrior Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! Hope everyone has had a fabulous week :) Keep up the good work!
  • Jaxter1104
    Jaxter1104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think i'm doing pretty well….my cravings aren't as bad as I thought they would be….i'm having the issue of wanting to step on the scale every single day which is just not a great idea for my confidence most days….So, I need to stay off it until the end of the week. But what i've seen so far is promising! I'm on track to have lost about 3 lbs this week.
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    Options
    So on the eve of our first weigh in, I must be honest...

I might not have a good weigh in :(

I was perfect until Friday night and then I went out. I ran 8 miles today so I am hopeful that that will counter act what I ate Friday night. Anyway, I'm hoping for a loss but at the very least I'm hoping to maintain :) Hope everyone had a great week!
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Stargazers:

HIGHEST PERCENTAGE REPORTING IN WITHOUT A REMINDER! You rock!

Still need to hear from:

Mary Ann
    Jamie
    Kath
    Amy
    Kalyn
    Amalia
    Hannah
    Amanda

Thanks!
  • Sully16
    Sully16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So on the eve of our first weigh in, I must be honest...

I might not have a good weigh in :(

I was perfect until Friday night and then I went out. I ran 8 miles today so I am hopeful that that will counter act what I ate Friday night. Anyway, I'm hoping for a loss but at the very least I'm hoping to maintain :) Hope everyone had a great week!

We're all going to have our weeks where our weight loss is stagnant or even goes up. In the long run, the challenge doesn't matter, it's building the healthy habits to keep you going for life!

Keep your head up, you got this!!
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    Options
    How is everyone doing??? I've had a pretty good week so far and I'm confident that I'll finish strong! Hope you ladies are doing well :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    How is everyone doing??? I've had a pretty good week so far and I'm confident that I'll finish strong! Hope you ladies are doing well :)

I'm doing really good this week :)
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

I could have made some better choices here and there, and I haven't done AS well at the Star Challenge as I thought I would (thought I could get 40-50 every day but I've fallen a little short some days)...BUT overall I'm doing well and am confident I'll see a loss. I'm weighing in tomorrow though because I'm going out of town this weekend and won't have access to my scale.
  • astepbysteph
    astepbysteph Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well with the abs part and sleep part, but drinking enough water to get 10 points has been a struggle for me. I used to only drink like 2 glasses of water a day and have bumped it up to 6/7. I'm a teacher and having to go to the bathroom and not being able to had always kept me from drinking. I'm working my way up but my bladder can't handle more right now! I have been doing some weight lifting and have noticed a change in my body but not sure if I will see a loss this week or not.
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I'm doing well with the abs part and sleep part, but drinking enough water to get 10 points has been a struggle for me. I used to only drink like 2 glasses of water a day and have bumped it up to 6/7. I'm a teacher and having to go to the bathroom and not being able to had always kept me from drinking. I'm working my way up but my bladder can't handle more right now! I have been doing some weight lifting and have noticed a change in my body but not sure if I will see a loss this week or not.

HAHA I know what you mean. I have bladder issues without drinking much water, add 8 or more glasses a day, and I'm always using the bathroom! I always joke that I don't have a bladder, it just goes right through me! :P I still get my 8 glasses in anyways.
  • kathheen
    kathheen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I only lost 1lb this week and i worked my *kitten* off training :cry: I really really want a big weight loss just one week then i would be happy :laugh:
    Hope all you ladies are doing well and wedding preps are going well x
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Good morning, ladies.

Congrats on your 8.64% loss this week! That is a lot of weight, ladies!!! I am following up on the Week 2 Results post that mentions changing how we report in for Week 3 and forward where I mentioned a Team Captain.

After struggling to track down weight and challenge results for 100+ brides for 2 sequential weeks, I think that the weekly tracking and reporting of weight and challenges will go much more smoothly if each bride reports in to their own team. From other challenges I've observed, messaging one member of your team (the "team captain") is the easiest and most efficient way to do this. You may pick anyone you wish to collate and report the info each week.

Once you have decided who is reporting in, let me know and I will send you the tracking form through email.

Also, the following is the current list of your brides:

allishax9918 (Allisha H)
    AML04143 (Amalia)
    astepbysteph (Stephanie)
    CecilySheard7 (Cecily)
    EllenG83 (Ellen)
    emboch (Emily)
    hannah1803 (Hannah) - no report since sign-up
    ibfree1027 (Stephanie)
    jalas27 (Jamie) - no report since sign-up
    junderwod1104 (Jacqui)
    kalyn_QT (Kalyn) - no report Week 2
    kathmur30 (Kath)
    ltfitz89 (Lauren)
    locrianzone (Mary Ann) - no report since sign-up
    lovedork (Amanda)
    Moxie42 (Ashley)
    nycolemullins (Nycole)
    OspreyVista (Eme)
    rubixcyoob (Amy) - no report Week 2
    rundiva2012 (Elizabeth)
    SatelliteCat (Cat)
    Sully16 (Jessica) - no report Week 2
    Tinad120 (Tina) - no report Week 2

If you all could follow-up and let me know who is still participating on your team, that would be great! I think one or two brides may be travelling or having family crisis, but with several thousand messages in my inbox I've lost track. With that in mind, we'll give everyone one more week to check in.

Thanks so much :)

~Elizabeth
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    Never reported in yesterday although it may have been a blessing!

I wasn't in my house in the Monday morning and neither was I for almost the whole of Sunday - didn't have access to MFP either on my phone or internet to let anyone know though!
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great week. My nutritionist put me on a new diet and I'm really hoping that this will help me! We're trying low carb for a while and see if that will help me break through this plateau that I have been at for over a year now.

Has anyone thought of being our team captain? We need to make sure we're all still staying active in the challenge :) Have a great week ladies!
  • Jaxter1104
    Jaxter1104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great week. My nutritionist put me on a new diet and I'm really hoping that this will help me! We're trying low carb for a while and see if that will help me break through this plateau that I have been at for over a year now.

Has anyone thought of being our team captain? We need to make sure we're all still staying active in the challenge :) Have a great week ladies!

I'm thinking I might need to go low carb because I have hit this awful plateau and haven't lost anything this week, it's driving me crazy! Not to mention it's very discouraging….

We really need to come up with a team captain soon….is anyone willing to volunteer? I'm willing if nobody else is interested.
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    What would be team captain involve? Just keeping people motivated, making sure we weigh in etc? I would do it if no one else desperately wanted too ... I'm on here nearly every day anyway.

I have recently lowered my carbs, some days very low, some days around the 100 mark, however, it has seemed to be helping - along with upping my protein.
  • emboch
    emboch Posts: 60
    Options
    I really hope I am not letting my team down. I have been going through a rough time with things going on with my fiancé's family. i really am working to get on the right track again. But I just wanted to say that everyone is doing amazing and you are all fabulous!!! :heart: