No more Late Night Snacking - January 2013

Options

Replies

• marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Boy, where has time flown to??? I've been super busy at home and have been doing some supporting of my friends, but just didn't check in! EKKKK!!! I took a little "breather" this weekend and snacked for the first time between lunch and dinner. I also had a night when the munchies just got to me and I ate after 8:00pm/ Actually it was 8:10...BUT the point is that I didn't need the food, I was emotionally eating. The good news is that I FELT TERRIBLE!!! I love the light airy feeling you get when you don't have extra food digesting on top of your dinner. Eating extra just made me feel bloated. Well...great experience. I am slightly tempted this evening...with a rumbly tummy but I'm just going to finish my posts and READ A GREAT BOOK!!!

Hope all of you are well and giving yourselves grace for whatever happens. Remember, we are in this to learn, not be perfect. We all will get the hang of taking great care of these bodies of ours, if we just keep our eyes on the goals we set... No guilt!!!

So: LNS: 2 ( I'm counting the daytime snacking)
    ME: 20

Blessings for a GREAT tomorrow!!!
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ate way too much but I just about stopped the mindless eating at 8.30pm. This morning I ran 13.1 miles before breakfast, so hopefully my gluttony yesterday won't do too much damage :ohwell:

Well done peeps :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 20 - LNS: 3

I kinda lost track, to be honest., but from what I remember, the nights where I went a bit past my cut-off I also went to bed later and had at least 3hrs of no food before crushing on the pillow :).

This team is amazing! :flowerforyou: all and many many thanks to all for the spirit that you all keep alive here! This is indeed a very friendly competition, as Zaza many times said.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    zaza - I never worry about my "planned" LNS....I think they are there for a reason!

Me: 18
    LNS: 4
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 22
    LNS: 0

I so badly wanted to eat yesterday well into the night, but I couldn't bring myself to ruin my perfect numbers. I think this is the first month I've done so well and I'm just trying to hold on to it!

Everyone keep up the determination and good work! Just a little over a week to go!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Me: 22

I so badly wanted to eat yesterday well into the night, but I couldn't bring myself to ruin my perfect numbers. I think this is the first month I've done so well and I'm just trying to hold on to it!

Everyone keep up the determination and good work! Just a little over a week to go!

look at you go!!!!!
  • karenleona
    Options
    Well I just blew my perfect record, but at least it was for something worthwhile. I took one of my best friends out for her 60th birthday. We lingered so long and I gave into temptation and had the most delicious dessert so I went past my cut-off time in a big way. I can live with this - am not going to make a habit of it.:laugh:
    Me: 21
    LNS: 1
    Zaza
    PS Thanks dear friends for being so supportive!!

that was an excellent reason! now right back at it...
  • karenleona
    Options
    Me: 17

I decided to ask some online "friends" for a lifeline....to help me rein in any LNS! So, now I have some texting #'s and, if that pantry calls, I can plug in an immediate "talk me down" message to my online friends!

Hopefully, this will help me get to my REAL goals!

excellent idea!!
  • karenleona
    Options
    LNS 14 *
    Me 7

crash and burn yesterday but back on track today
  • cassiecarruthers
    Options
    I dont know why but sometimes I just eat, and eat at night, even if Im not craving food, maybe its a compulsion or self sabotage. I think maybe I'm scared to really start my diet because then I have to face the reality of where I am today and how far I need to go.
  • marpeters
    Options
    Happy Wednesday evening to everyone! Hope you held fast to your goals and walked away from that hungry munchie!!! Today was insane with meetings at 7:30 in the morning till 5:30 at night! Had the terrible munchies this afternoon as I was scooping out the fish crackers for my first graders. But I just thought of what I wanted more...to be free from mindless eating...to be free from junk food.,.. and to be free to be the best body I can be. Took a deep breath, got some hot tea and took a moment to rest while the kids were at recess. Felt much better and much stronger. People always told me to develop a munchie attack plan...what to do if you really want to mindless eat. Well, I think this hot tea plan will work. My tummy is satisfied, my nerves relax and I can regroup.

Kate...wow 13.1 miles run...you are an Amazon...wish we had a bowing down icon :)
    Dewdrop: We can lift each other up... Love hearing about your progress!
    GnuKris...Perfection is yours...So AWESOME!!! I'm really going to shoot for that next month!
    Cassie...start when you are ready. Someone once told me that food is our "drug" of choice. If we overeat, we are medicating ourselves...depressing something. Do a little internal looking and face those fears, thoughts, and struggles with strength and perseverance. We are here for you!

LNS 2
    Me: 21
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I don't know where to place last night. I came home late, had dinner, put my son to bed and fell asleep. I couldn't have avoided dinner and am also quite happy for having went to bed early. Woke up hungry - that's a good sign, right? :wink:

Cassie, so happy to have you here! Don't be afraid, you can get definitely where you want to. But mostly, don't be afraid to reconfigure your goals and be realistic about where you need to be to look good. You don't have to get skinny for your wedding day. :wink: You do have to be healthy, happy and enjoy the preparations, the moment, the new start. That's all, imho.:flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 19
  • gmukris
    Options
    Me: 23

It's still an hour before lunch time and I'm starving! If I was home, I'd be going crazy snacking, so I guess it's a good thing I'm at work!
  • karenleona
    Options
    LNS 14
    me 8* :happy:
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    ME: 23

WELCOME, Cassie...nice to be able to support your efforts to NOT Late Night Snack.
    **Mar** Grrreat Munchie attack plan...I could have used that Plan today. However, I only went over 100 cals. I *love* my hot tea.
    **Karen** Glad you are soo active here. It sooo helps to help others and our own accountability. Keep up the grrreat work.
    **Dewdrop* Always great to see you here (big smile)
    **Kris** Glad to see you are still ZERO for this month...WTG!
    **Beeps** Keep checking in...it means you continue to think about *not* to Late night Snack...(without planning)
    **Kate** Always cheering you on!!
    **Zaza** Proud of all your efforts!!

Keep up the focus!
    Deb:heart::drinker:
  • gmukris
    Options
    Me: 24

I am not feeling good today. I'm going to go lay low!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 20

I'm feeling like I should make it to the end of January without any LNS visits!
  • marpeters
    Options
    Hi you committed wonders!!!
    It's been a great few days. The weight is starting to come off again and this commitment is THE reason why!!! It's so much easier to get some tea because I want that LNS number to stay where it is.

Beeps...you can do this....
    Gmukris....Hope you feel better soon...I'm glad you're listening to your body!
    Deb...love your awesome focus and determination.
    Karen...love seeing that ME number grow...what a WIN for you!!

ME: 22
    LNS: 2
  • karenleona
    Options
    LNS 14
    Me 9 :smile:

doing a little happy dance cause i know i got today in the bag too!! and had a great time working hard at the gym