Team Stargazer (2014 Brides :)

Options

Replies

• rubixcyoob
    Options
    I LOVE her youtube vids and after my Ripped in 30 is up next week I plan on incorporating her vid's (particularly the HIITlates ones) into my little programme I'm going to make myself!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, that was the most insane leg thing I've ever done and it was only 4 minutes! I just might have to take the elevator to my floor at work tomorrow, lol! GREAT pick though, Jacqui!
  • kathheen
    kathheen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Im going to try it tomorrow night will let you know! Thanks
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I got all excited for the video, all changed into my workout clothes, HRM on and everything and it only lasted just over 3 minutes, I wanted more!

That being said - despite it being 3 minutes, it is the first time I have felt my legs burn after 3 minutes, so worth the getting changed!
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    CGPrincessWarrior Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So I started to do this. My legs were BURNING after about 30 seconds. Then I got to thinking about the fact that I am running a half marathon on Saturday and may not want to wear my legs out too bad before then. I'm wanting to take it easy before then to save my legs!
  • Moxie42
    Options
    I'm not as sore as I thought I would be today but that might be because I killed my legs on a workout last Monday so badly that I was sore for 5 days! I don't know if I'll get a chance to do the video again tonight but I'm going to try, and I'll do it tomorrow too, for sure. Also, gotta say- it's the first workout that has successfully made my butt sore, lol!
  • Jaxter1104
    Jaxter1104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So I started to do this. My legs were BURNING after about 30 seconds. Then I got to thinking about the fact that I am running a half marathon on Saturday and may not want to wear my legs out too bad before then. I'm wanting to take it easy before then to save my legs!

Yeah you need those legs in tip top shape for this weekend so take it easy! No worries but i'm sooooo glad that you ladies have tried it!! I'm doing mine tonight but last time I did this, I could barely walk the next day so i've waited until my classes are done for the week so it's ON TONIGHT!!

So I need some advice, what do you ladies think about adding a few more small workout challenges, or a longer video challenge each week? This week I was trying to be considerate about those with time crunches but I think from what i'm hearing we could do something a little longer, say 10 minutes? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Jacqui
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    Personally I would prefer one that is 10 or 15 minutes (it doesn't take much to fit that amount of time into your schedule). I felt like I was just getting into the thigh challenege one and then it was over, definitely wanted something longer. It takes me a few minutes to adjust and get used to it, then I start to enjoy it.
  • Moxie42
    Options
    I think anywhere from 5-30 minutes is perfect. Personally, I think it's more about doing your best to do what you can with the time you have...if you can't finish an exercise because it's too long or too hard, it's OKAY! It's like that saying "Aim for the stars. If you miss, you might still hit the moon." Especially since these are extra challenges and not counting towards points. Just my thoughts :flowerforyou:
  • Jaxter1104
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the advice I think I have some perfect ideas for next week. I did the video last night and I literally was crying through the majority of it. It was killing me!!! I'm surprised i'm not as sore as I thought I would be today! So here's my thought each week we could target a different part of the body so here's a list of ones I plan to do:
    -Arms
    -Legs (Inner, outer thighs, calves)
    -Abs
    -Waist
    -Butt
    -Back

Anything I missed?
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I think you've got everything, but if you're using Cassey's videos she has a lot of different challenges (like the Call Me Maybe) on and instead of doing a short arms one only, why not combine and make it say a bum and legs challenge, arms and back etc.
  • Jaxter1104
    Options
    I think you've got everything, but if you're using Cassey's videos she has a lot of different challenges (like the Call Me Maybe) on and instead of doing a short arms one only, why not combine and make it say a bum and legs challenge, arms and back etc.

I'm going to use some of hers and some other ones. I'm going to make playlists specifically geared towards certain body parts many videos will also incorporate other body parts as you suggested but the main focus will be (arms, legs, etc.) That might just be the easiest way to label each week. I'm going to make each challenge around an hour long but consisting of several different videos so people who have less time can stop where needed.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls! This was a rough week for me, weight-wise. Looks like I gained 2 pounds though my measurements haven't really changed :( Its TOM so hopefully that will change and balance out next week. Sorry for the bad stats!!
  • Jaxter1104
    Options
    Alright ladies now try to hide your excitement! I have an awesome ab and waist workout challenge for you guys this week!! YAY!! :happy: I've listened to your input and put together an hour long playlist specifically targeting the abs and waist. I would like you guys to try to do this playlist at least twice this week. Let me know what you think!

• MrsK20141004
    Options
    How are we all doing?

i can't help but notice that our team is the least active on the boards! I hope everything is going well for the 2014 brides. Is there anything we can all do to keep this team active and engaged? I'd like to see more 2014 bride activity on here :)
  • Jaxter1104
    Options
    How are we all doing?

i can't help but notice that our team is the least active on the boards! I hope everything is going well for the 2014 brides. Is there anything we can all do to keep this team active and engaged? I'd like to see more 2014 bride activity on here :)

I agree and I still need more than half of you ladies to send me your points and weights! Please get those to me asap so I can send out the list to Lawyerette tonight.

Thanks,
    Jacqui
  • Jaxter1104
    Options
    Alright ladies since nobody really participated in the team challenge this week we're going to do the activity portion a little differently. With your weigh-ins today I need your ST*R points as well as your ACTIVITY points and calories burned for the week. The max calories burned will be 2,500 calories which will equate to 70 max points for the activity portion of the challenge.

Here is the chart to help you understand how many points you will get:

70 = 2,500 +
    65 = 2,250 - 2,499
    60 = 2,000 - 2,249
    55 = 1,750 - 1,999
    50 = 1,500 - 1,749
    45 = 1,250 - 1,499
    40 = 1,000 - 1,249
    35 = 750 - 999
    30 = 500 - 749
    25 = 250 - 499
    20 = 1 - 249
    0 = 0

So I need:
    -Current Weight
    -STAR Points *Add in your activity points as well
    -Calories burned (Separately) *Will be used for our team rankings
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly...the cals burned determines the team challenge points, which is the "A=activity" part of STAR challenge...is that right?
  • MrsK20141004
    Options
    Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly...the cals burned determines the team challenge points, which is the "A=activity" part of STAR challenge...is that right?

Yes I added up all my burned calories and submitted them to junderwood :)
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Cool, thanks!