Friday - Fitness

Options

Replies

• valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    For the upcoming week I want to do at least 20 min a day of something, did not quite hit last weeks goal but was able most days to do 20 rather than 30, so I am scaling back a bit this week and will see if I can manage to beat my goal instead. Today (Sat) I did 18 min on my treadclimber, which feels way harder than a 2 mile leslie sansone tape and registers less distance. Not sure what that's about. But I feel good after and I find myself wanting to do it more often, so that's my real goal, to actually want to do it :wink:
  • susanarnoldlane
    Options
    I plan to schedule my exercise in my work calendar for the week so that I save the time to get it done
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i am going to be drinking more water this week. it was a very busy weekend so i didn't have time to make bad choices. and i'll be doing alot of walking again this week
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Fitness goals again already!! Well I didn't quite make my daily goal this week, but the total minutes for the week were right on track. So this week's goal - 20 min a day x 7 or 140 minutes total in the week, whichever works out. When I do the sansone video it's 1/2 hour so even if I only get it in 5 times I will still be over goal. But I am still aiming for something every day and see if I can make it this week.
  • zoeysmom08
    zoeysmom08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am planning on 5 days of cardio workouts with 2 of those days being strength training also. I usually do cardio 7 days a week but sometimes something comes up and I just take it for a rest day.

We are having an ice and snow storm right now so for the weekend it looks like we will be staying at home with no big temptations!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I plan to increase the cardio this week and add a total body strength training routine 3 days in the coming week.. I need to change it up a little.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've been run down this week. TOM But I am at least staying under calories. Back at the gym next week
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Need to confess that I did not do the treadmill last week. But I did increase my walking. Now, my goal is to hit 5,000 steps a day, up from 4,000 goal last week.

Second week doing a little bit of resistance band workout. I'm starting slow and easy and, so far, I like it!
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've welcomed strength training back into my life this week, and I feel strong!:happy:
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Going to start walking again this week, ready to start working towards my fitness goal of walking 5 miles/day (average) in February starting on the 1st.
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I completed my Leslie Sansone 30 mile challenge for January. In fact, I walked 33 miles between Leslie DVDs, treadmill and the park. I'm quite proud as I couldn't start until Jan. 7th because of my ankle. My goal for February is 40 miles. I plan to incorporate a little light jogging if my ankle & knee hold up...if not strictly walking. I also will continue with daily challenges and I need to begin strength training at least 2-3 days a week.

I lost 4lbs in January so I'm very motivated!!!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Kar: Thats such a great job on walking 33 miles for the month. You must be real proud of yourself.

I finally did my treadmill twice this week so far. I plan on doing 5 times this coming week.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    You all make me want to go add up my miles for January! Great job!
  • sexymommy73
    sexymommy73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I plan to finally use the elliptical that has been decorating my living room. I aim for at least 20min per day for Sat and Sun.
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Kar: Thats such a great job on walking 33 miles for the month. You must be real proud of yourself.

I finally did my treadmill twice this week so far. I plan on doing 5 times this coming week.

Thank you...it's amazing how the miles add up.
  • heathero84
    heathero84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am going to work out 3 days this next week, and make sure I make time for at least 5 mins each day to stretch.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Well, tomorrow is D-Day....I am going to start working out again as tolerated! :)
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    I just took on the challenge of starting the Insanity workout. I did the fit test today. I'm excited but also nervous at the same time.
  • myluv4lifgros
    myluv4lifgros Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have decided I am going to walk/run 100 miles in February. This is day one and I am 3.17 miles down.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    10,000 steps today for the first time in forever!!

I am so super proud of myself!